Credit Card Charges/Fees

Tyrian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello, anyone got into a similar situation as me?

Paid 2 Citibank credit cards on the same day via dbs banking but only 1 was received by Citibank. Tio charged late payment fees bcoz of it.

Gotta call both of them up and ask what's happening.

eightyhertz

Reaction score
WORD OF WARNING NO WAIVER OF FEES FOR OCBC 365 CARD

Think twice about applying for this card cos they won't waive your fees and will not hesitate to slap any fee on you as soon as it is possible. Long story short ~$80 of fees and interest charges on a $300 balance cos 2 days late. Waiver was always approved at other banks.

Check out Post #563 on the other thread to do with "new-ocbc-365-visa-signature-cashback-card"

Last edited:

nwh_sg

Reaction score
U should pay on time in first place... I feel

Yes, agreed to that. However, unless you are paying via giro, sometimes you might just miss it due to whatever reasons. I have missed 3 or 4 payments due to my own errors in over 20 years of using credit cards and all the banks that I dealt with were ok to waive the late fee etc. In return I continue to use their credit cards. It's about nurturing customer relationship vs enforcing the rule.

bean9

Reaction score
It's amazing how charges and fees increase in the span of just 7+ years.

Knightoftheblackrose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
WORD OF WARNING NO WAIVER OF FEES FOR OCBC 365 CARD

Think twice about applying for this card cos they won't waive your fees and will not hesitate to slap any fee on you as soon as it is possible. Long story short ~$80 of fees and interest charges on a $300 balance cos 2 days late. Waiver was always approved at other bank.s

Check out Post #563 on the other thread to do with "new-ocbc-365-visa-signature-cashback-card"

Currently on the OCBC 365 website, OCBC says that the annual fees will be waived if you charge at least $5k per annum.

seveneleven

Reaction score
Currently on the OCBC 365 website, OCBC says that the annual fees will be waived if you charge at least $5k per annum.

Its a Gimmick , i thought most credit cards can be waive for the annual membership fee? In all my like using credit card, i never pay membership fee before.

Worse come to worse . if OCBC dun waive, i just terminate my card and reapply again lo. No chance will i pay that fee.

lewissac

Reaction score
Hi,

Hope I can clear my misunderstanding here.

If I apply 2 cards, I alternate use the card each month; which means there will be one card i'm not using.

Assuming I paid full every mth on the card, does the other card charge anything (like 3% or $50 min) even though I have 0 spending (as well as 0 balance)?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Hope I can clear my misunderstanding here.

If I apply 2 cards, I alternate use the card each month; which means there will be one card i'm not using.

Assuming I paid full every mth on the card, does the other card charge anything (like 3% or $50 min) even though I have 0 spending (as well as 0 balance)?

No spending then no charge (unless there is annual fees) so nothing to pay

Last edited:

lewissac

Reaction score
Which bank card is more generous on annual fee waiver? :D

Im with Citibank for the past 6 years and been contributing annual fee there... Guess its time for me to ask for waiver from now onwards.

Looking at Citi Rewards Card + SCB Singpost Card.

cjamie

Reaction score
SKIP OCBC Credit Cards!

They are extremely rigid with annual fee charges and has limited knowledge on customer retention and satisfaction. No information was pushed to users on minimum spending required per annum and it was only stated on their website when you search for it that with effect mid June 2016, min spend of $10K per year required to waive off. And in Jan 2017 (less than 1 year), they charged the fee and refused to waive it off. I spent more than $8K and has been a strong advocate of the card but this is what i got. Skip the card at all costs! Happened to long time customers of their bank too. A lot of negative reviews going on.

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
They are extremely rigid with annual fee charges and has limited knowledge on customer retention and satisfaction. No information was pushed to users on minimum spending required per annum and it was only stated on their website when you search for it that with effect mid June 2016, min spend of $10K per year required to waive off. And in Jan 2017 (less than 1 year), they charged the fee and refused to waive it off. I spent more than $8K and has been a strong advocate of the card but this is what i got. Skip the card at all costs! Happened to long time customers of their bank too. A lot of negative reviews going on.

Hi cjamie,

We are sorry to learn that your wavier request was unsuccessful. All waivers are thoroughly reviewed before an outcome is given.

Information on annual fee can be found on the back page of your monthly credit card statement, as well as on our website.

We apologise for not being able to accede to your request.

^DG

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How many days grace will Citibank give before charging late fees? Do they automatically reverse the late charges if the payment is made on or just before the due date (rather than received by them)?

That is the case for HSBC and the reversal is reflected on the bill without any action taken by the cardholder.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How many days grace will Citibank give before charging late fees? Do they automatically reverse the late charges if the payment is made on or just before the due date (rather than received by them)?

That is the case for HSBC and the reversal is reflected on the bill without any action taken by the cardholder.

Sometimes I pay on due date and they receive payment 1 to 2 days later, no late fee was charged. But should not do this too frequent may affect the chance of applying other citibank cards

hommelamb

Reaction score
I bought from book depository. Checked out using sgd. Got charge dcc of 1% using hsbc advance. Iirc, never had dcc before using other cards and book depository said they charge in the chosen currency directly. Some things changed recently? Going forward I should choose gbp?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought from book depository. Checked out using sgd. Got charge dcc of 1% using hsbc advance. Iirc, never had dcc before using other cards and book depository said they charge in the chosen currency directly. Some things changed recently? Going forward I should choose gbp?

HSBC charges cross border fee/DCC starting 22May. Most cards charge cross border fee for SGD payment to foreign website except maybe ICBC and AMEX issued cards

Some further info here
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/credit-cards-line-credit-facilities-243/card-transaction-fees-you-may-not-know-you-paying-5595638.html

Last edited:

majora

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My POSB everyday credit card has already charged me the annual fee of ($180 exclude GST) on 27-Sep. Is there any way to weave off this? will calling them works? thanks for the help!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.