Shuttle trains travelling from Woodlands

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not really, I took during Apr and it was full and I had a hard time snatching for tickets. To be frank, i rather take train then squeezing with people if the timing is right. Time = Monday. :D

And not forgetting many who want to save $ and bother to take their north-bound trains from JB instead of directly from Woodlands, anyway.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
There used to a loophole that the regulars took advantage of. That was to buy a ticket for the Singapore to JB leg separately from the JB to KL portion.

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
So it will be very troublesome if we want to travel from Singapore to other parts of Malaysia by train? We have to ensure that we have sufficient time for connecting train and also no delay from the Singapore to JB shuttle train.

I took once many years ago from JB to Singapore. Find a waste of time. Have to wait very long before the train depart. I rather take a bus.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I should think regular trains will have a time frame between boarding and actual departure time, much like flights.

Not sure how they going to work with the shuttle trains, though.

veryhungryboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
took it on first day back SG from JB Sentral 4pm, no pple :o I bought ticket when I enter JB, shop buy my stuff and back via train.

only thing good is u dun have to walk so much, when u exit at woodland, u are almost there at bus-stop opp sheng shiong too.

can check in 20mins before departure, cos need to allow pple clear malaysia custom, train leave on the dot.

veryhungryboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I should think regular trains will have a time frame between boarding and actual departure time, much like flights.

Not sure how they going to work with the shuttle trains, though.

4pm trip, the abang open the queue let pple in at around 1530hrs, so I end up wait inside train for long time :s13: Departure is exact 1600

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
took it on first day back SG from JB Sentral 4pm, no pple :o I bought ticket when I enter JB, shop buy my stuff and back via train.

only thing good is u dun have to walk so much, when u exit at woodland, u are almost there at bus-stop opp sheng shiong too.

can check in 20mins before departure, cos need to allow pple clear malaysia custom, train leave on the dot.

Hi,

Can share where you buy the tickets at JB?

Where to board the train and chop passport at JB and Spore side?

thanks.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Buy your ticket at Sentral. The ticketing hall is also where the KFC and Starbucks are. You will come across this place if you walk from the immigration control to JB City Square as most people do. The platform for boarding the train and clearing customs is right below the ticketing hall. At the Singapore side, this is the place. https://www.google.com.sg/maps/@1.4...iYuxWsfbJXGkGLIB5A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1
This is opposite the Sheng Siong at old Woodlands Town Centre.

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
Buy your ticket at Sentral. The ticketing hall is also where the KFC and Starbucks are. You will come across this place if you walk from the immigration control to JB City Square as most people do. The platform for boarding the train and clearing customs is right below the ticketing hall. At the Singapore side, this is the place. https://www.google.com.sg/maps/@1.4...iYuxWsfbJXGkGLIB5A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1
This is opposite the Sheng Siong at old Woodlands Town Centre.

how to get there?

where the place for clear custom and chop passport at JB and Spore side?

Last edited:

veryhungryboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Can share where you buy the tickets at JB?

Where to board the train and chop passport at JB and Spore side?

thanks.

Tickets counter at JB Sentral, u will pass by this EVERY time u enter via bus and go City Square, it is where the pesky property agents gather :s13:, Press for Queue number and wait.
ktm2_zpsvwqagb3d.jpg

Den u sit here and wait for abang to open queue(right side of pic)30 minutes before printed departure time, Train leave on the dot, no announcement at all, sit inside wait, suddenly thump thump thump train move off LOL. Remember Gate A, once u go down train platform, there is no display showing train is heading for SG.
ktm3_zpsqt9nwgrs.jpg

Interior of train, basically the normal KL-SG class seat.
ktm5_zpspbveh0bi.jpg

At JB Sentral, Malaysia custom is below main concourse, once u go down, custom is there waiting. U will get passport exit stamp here. The chop is "Johor Bahru" instead of usual "Bangunan something something" .

arrived SG, after clearing SG custom will exit near sheng shiong bus-stop, good for pple with lotsa heavy shopping bag, can transfer bus straight away, less walking.

but if no heavy load, take bus easier lol:s13:

If u wanna board from Woodlands, den u buy ticket opposite Sheng Sheng, can see their office at the taxi stand, den wait along the corridor where u see the row of seats, yeah very lousy LOL. SG Custom will open queue den u go in and clear both SG and Malaysia immigration one shot, no more custom clearance at JB Sentral.

Last edited:

beanstalk6

Reaction score
As shown in veryhungryboy's photos, what can go wrong? There is sufficient signage all round. The stand at the counter has a poster that says "Shuttle Tebrau" with the listing of train timings. At the platform level, the sign reads "Ke Singapura" with "To Singapore" in smaller print. If all fails, follow the crowd or ask someone.

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
can, from JB Sentral to SG afternoon trip no need buy advance, one third filled nia :s22:

what u see sold out in the news is those timing whereby malaysian head in and out to work

SG to JB Sentral in the morning and JB Sentral to SG in the evening?

child need ticket from what age?

cannot seem to check how to buy

http://www.ktmb.com.my/

cannot see Coach Label with SH when you try to book with seat

Last edited:

veryhungryboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SG to JB Sentral in the morning and JB Sentral to SG in the evening?

child need ticket from what age?

yeah, the timing and direction u mention is no pple wan :o

no sure abt child age though.

the website is crappy wan, last time I oreidi gave up, buy manual easier, No seat number allocated, dunno why news said got.

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
yeah, the timing and direction u mention is no pple wan :o

no sure abt child age though.

the website is crappy wan, last time I oreidi gave up, buy manual easier, No seat number allocated, dunno why news said got.

the timing and direction is all singaporean want

buy manual have to reach very early to buy is it?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.