List of Restaurants/Cafes/Eateries you avoid?

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
all the cai png stalls

pui !

vegetables/toufu inside got a bit of meat, machiam non-existent one, also counted as meat !

no need talk about those eateries or restaurants --> our own neighbourhood cai png stalls alr sux money gao gao

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OH GUYS HOW CAN I FORGET?

SAKURA INTERNATIONAL BUFFET.

JOKE.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Mak Wanton - nothing special. overpriced.. staff service simply non existent.

Gitaro

Reaction score
Avoid Jumbo Seafood.

This was the second time i felt letdown by Jumbo. (Once was in Demsey branch)
This time, East Coast.

Cutleries were not cleaned (with food remains stuck in bowls, plates etc

Hair in steamed fish, with one x sharp tip of a crab leg

Tea was not top up despite i signaling to waiters/waitresses, all pretended not to see me. I ended up topping up myself at the service counter.

Last but most importantly, the food tasted like shiat. No more chance for this over rated seafood restaurant.

AVOID.

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tot fish n co not bad leh. I applied to be their member. Always go for the swordfish collar.

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mak Wanton - nothing special. overpriced.. staff service simply non existent.

Swordsman bro, if you like fish & chips, besides Smiths you can try The Fish & Chip Shop at 206 east coast road. not bad also.

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
List updated.
As above. My list is:

House of Seafood (so much promise, so hefty a bill, food so-so)

Pizza Hut (I HATE THE CRUST SO MUCH. toppings damn ngiaow also. last time the drumletts were the only saving grace, now they suck also)

Sakura International Buffet (buffet? mai joke la, i go my ahbang friend wedding also eat better buffet than this)

Fish & Co (started out good, then come out more and more pattern and prices keep going up. fish and chips should just be kept simple)

Pastamania (don't joke la what pasta?! kopitiam can find better ones)

Eighteen Chefs (not sure why so many people support, food is average if not horrible, nothing tastes fresh, mostly frozen and fried stuff)

Manhattan Fish Market (same reason as Fish & Co)

Chewy Junior (cream puffs ******* la, Beard Papa own them deep deep)

Xin Wang or any HK cafe for that matter (pricey as f***, lousy taste and portion, totally uncharacteristic of HK cafes)

Mad Jack (just really pathetic food trying to act atas with atas pricing)

Sakae Sushi (joke of a susi place, I will go Itacho if I want affordable and good sushi)

Swee Choon (only good thing about this place is that it opens late into the night and if you are REALLY DESPERATE for some flour crafted food they try to pass off as dimsum)

Seoul Garden (with so many places offering much better food and prices these days, Seoul Garden is just a sad place to have bbq. meat never looks fresh and no pork?!?!)

Nandos (not sure how many will slam me for this, but I always feel for the prices they charge, it's not very worth, especially since the flavors never penetrate beyond the skin)

Will add on more places if I can recall.

BioProEng

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$3.50 per plate. Not too expensive for the portion.
Eat Liao quite shiok.
Better than some places I feel.
I like their chilli.

tian tian also blacklist by me....

find their lice too bloody salty..... cannot comment on the meat, cause the rice already numb my taste bud

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.