The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Thread

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No SD card slot isn't a deal breaker for me. I'm already using a lot of cloud storage anyway and found SD card to be troublesome. I think the performance gain from UFS 2.0 is worth it in my time with the S6. :p

But probably going to be a deal breaker for some. Maybe having no removable battery and expandability will help keep the resale value of the note 4 up. Hahaha.
When the connection is poor or low on data and you need certain files or information from the cloud, you will then miss the convenience of having a local sd card with the files on it. Lol!!

Sent from <fill in the blanks> using GAGT

Last edited:

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I had the chance to test out the A8 here in Malaysia earlier.
Accordingly to the staff, he mentioned that A8 sold in Malaysia is based on SD615 (in oppose to Exynos in SG) which during my test is not so snappy. (even compared to my current Note 3).

One more issue with A8's camera, focusing is fast but picture does not turn out to be as sharp and has less details than even my 2 year old Note 3.

With that said, coming from Note 3, A8 is not an upgrade.
Alright thanks for the advice. Btw I planning to upgrade from my S4

kirara86

Banned
Reaction score
LG here i come, note 4 will be my last samsuck phone until they wake their bloody idea up.

this is not improvise, this is deprovise, copy iphone feature and claim that its a new innovative feature from them. crap load of bull.

katoboy

Reaction score
I think i will be lookng forward for LG G4 Pro since nothing new to samsung note 5 :)

bobaccord

Reaction score
No removable battery?

My wife & I will buy Note 4... :)
I am ok not to have microSD card.

We have been using Note 3 for the last 2 years.. Happy Note 3 users! We like removable battery because we always bring along a fully charged battery along, and we are free from external powerbank, wall hugger etc...

Sorry, Samsung, we hope you seriously think about the removable battery feature again! (If Note 5 is non-replaceable battery type, which I think it will be)....

Rgds
Bob

oldjoe1

Reaction score
When they say 'KNOXed' breaks warranty, I thought Note 3 was gonna be my last Samsung but I still went for the Note 4. hmmm now no card slot and no removable battery (iSung?). maybe its really time to try out LG, been with Samsung for too long liao:s22:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no sd card slot is fine for me.

if samsung is shrinking that damn battery capacity to 3000mAh when it is non-removable, that is 101% dealbreaker for me liaos.

may go for s6 edge+ instead

Sent from a jail cell in SAFDB using GAGT

think about it this way, if they shrink the battery capacity to give u a lighter weight, and at the same time sustaining the battery life well, will that be a deal breaker for you again? :D

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
think about it this way, if they shrink the battery capacity to give u a lighter weight, and at the same time sustaining the battery life well, will that be a deal breaker for you again? :D

the screen itself eat alot of battery. possible but in the future.

kero89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'll not want Samsung to maintain their once superior battery life. Instead, find a fine balance between weight and dimension, squeeze more battery cells in. Push and break new frontier like 8-10 hours SOT.

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Battery capacity isn't indicative of actual battery performance though. Note 4 vs Nexus 6, both 3230mAh, but i got better battery life from the Note 4. Z3 compact vs Htc One M8, both 2600mAh, but the Z3 Compact pawns the One M8. In fact the Z3 Compact pawns a lot of other phones with bigger battery.

If you go see GSMarena's battery test chart, in terms web browsing, and video playback, s6 lasted a bit longer than the S5, only losing out in talk time. (also see LG G4 vs S6)

Having used the S6, I found the usage battery life better than that I got from the LG G4, and the S6 only has 2,550mAh vs the LG G4's 3,000mAh. I believe that's down to a more power efficient chipset, and a lower power usage display. Who knows maybe Samsung might have improvements in those areas again?

Bottomline is, I think it's too early to start jumping to conclusions. Wait for launch, and then wait for sites to actually review it. if the battery is really CMI, then just wait for other phones lor. Still got rumour LG G Pro 3, or whatever it's called. :D

Last edited:

mun

Reaction score
Battery capacity isn't indicative of actual battery performance though. Note 4 vs Nexus 6, both 3230mAh, but i got better battery life from the Note 4. Z3 compact vs Htc One M8, both 2600mAh, but the Z3 Compact pawns the One M8. In fact the Z3 Compact pawns a lot of other phones with bigger battery.

If you go see GSMarena's battery test chart, in terms web browsing, and video playback, s6 lasted a bit longer than the S5, only losing out in talk time. (also see LG G4 vs S6)

Having used the S6, I found the usage battery life better than that I got from the LG G4, and the S6 only has 2,550mAh vs the LG G4's 3,000mAh. I believe that's down to a more power efficient chipset, and a lower power usage display. Who knows maybe Samsung might have improvements in those areas again?

Bottomline is, I think it's too early to start jumping to conclusions. Wait for launch, and then wait for sites to actually review it. if the battery is really CMI, then just wait for other phones lor. Still got rumour LG G Pro 3, or whatever it's called. :D

Agreed. sometimes, ppl look at the figures too hard without realizing the actual performance (a.k.a. jump the gun too fast)

kirara86

Banned
Reaction score
No SD card is deal breaker for me. Becuz i like to store alot of media in the card. 32gb or 64gb doest cut it as media quality is getting bigger n better.

And i hate to carry power banks around. Maybe girls dun mind since they carry hang bag all the time. For me i prefer free n easy. Total hands free. So i carry my phone in pocket n a extra batt in my another pocket too while hanging bluetooth headset around my neck

So have to go for LG now. Cant wait for them to reveal their pro 3 which is 6inch size.

Still have my samsung note 1 - 4 as collections. LOL

lockks

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not buying Samsung anymore. The updates from Samsung are getting worse every year.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.