NTU shuttle buses play Mandarin songs

Status
Not open for further replies.

maneatwoman

Reaction score
The NTU shuttle buses are indirectly paid for by the fees of all students. Why is it that buses that are driven by Chinese drivers have Mandarin songs played over the stereo?

Isn't that discriminatory? I am going to shoot an email to the student union and if nothing is done about it ...... STOMP will hear from me.

Skyline 1010

Reaction score
PIC_zps35ncpdr3.jpg.html

ZacharyA

Reaction score
The NTU shuttle buses are indirectly paid for by the fees of all students. Why is it that buses that are driven by Chinese drivers have Mandarin songs played over the stereo?

Isn't that discriminatory? I am going to shoot an email to the student union and if nothing is done about it ...... STOMP will hear from me.

then you expect them to play something they don't understand when they drive the bus for the entire route multiple times a day and cater to all students, majority chinese, by playing "whatever language you deemed appropriate" for the short ride of 10mins meh? :eek:

P/S I am not a bus driver in NTU hor

maneatwoman

Reaction score
then you expect them to play something they don't understand when they drive the bus for the entire route multiple times a day and cater to all students, majority chinese, by playing "whatever language you deemed appropriate" for the short ride of 10mins meh? :eek:

P/S I am not a bus driver in NTU hor

Hhaa.. You're very funny.

Why do you care about the well-being of NTU bus drivers only? Shouldn't you care about our SBS and SMRT bus drivers too by telling SBS and SMRT to install radios so that the drivers can enjoy themselves?

In fact, why stop at bus drivers? Employees of every company must demand that radios be played at their workplace so that they can be motivated to work.

LOL... If employees can work without listening to music, why can't drivers do the same?

If your workplace allows you to listen to music, by all means go ahead but do not cause inconvenience to others. Hey... have you heard of a wonderful invention called an earpiece?

Btw, so what if the MAJORITY of the passengers are Chinese?? That doesn't give you the right to think it is correct to have Mandarin songs played. If you think you're correct, then please tell our govt to make all road signs in Mandarin because Singapore is predominantly Chinese after all.

What a stupid racist you are.

Last edited:

IWantFriends

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hhaa.. You're very funny.

Why do you care about the well-being of NTU bus drivers only? Shouldn't you care about our SBS and SMRT bus drivers too by telling SBS and SMRT to install radios so that the drivers can enjoy themselves?

In fact, why stop at bus drivers? Employees of every company must demand that radios be played at their workplace so that they can be motivated to work.

LOL... If employees can work without listening to music, why can't drivers do the same?

If your workplace allows you to listen to music, by all means go ahead but do not cause inconvenience to others. Hey... have you heard of a wonderful invention called an earpiece?

Btw, so what if the MAJORITY of the passengers are Chinese?? That doesn't give you the right to think it is correct to have Mandarin songs played. If you think you're correct, then please tell our govt to make all road signs in Mandarin because Singapore is predominantly Chinese after all.

What a stupid racist you are.

Dear maneatwoman,

Please do not resort to name-calling.
Thanks for your co-operation.

Warm regards,
IWantFriends

maneatwoman

Reaction score
Dear maneatwoman,

Please do not resort to name-calling.
Thanks for your co-operation.

Warm regards,
IWantFriends

Double standards, hor?

Why you didn't tell ZacharyA to not be a Chinese Chauvinist?

"ZacharyA wrote:
then you expect them to play something they don't understand when they drive the bus for the entire route multiple times a day and cater to all students, majority chinese, by playing "whatever language you deemed appropriate" for the short ride of 10mins meh?"

Let me guess. You're a Chinese too?

ZacharyA

Reaction score
OMG

you are still here? I don't see your article anywhere on STOMP. Why don't you do something about it?

racist? *rolling my eyes on the TS post* mandarin songs? chinese driver?
care about NTU drivers only? cos I chance upon a thread with Something having a problem with NTU drivers cos of the choice of music being played?

sorry, but maybe its some act, not something, definitely not somebody. :s13:

maneatwoman

Reaction score
OMG

you are still here? I don't see your article anywhere on STOMP. Why don't you do something about it?

racist? *rolling my eyes on the TS post* mandarin songs? chinese driver?
care about NTU drivers only? cos I chance upon a thread with Something having a problem with NTU drivers cos of the choice of music being played?

sorry, but maybe its some act, not something, definitely not somebody. :s13:

I've already done something about it by emailing NTU and they said they will tell their bus operator about it.

I don't need STOMP to raise the issue and I regretted posting the issue here because it occurred to me that not only is EDMW a racist section, even this section has racists.

Racist? Yes, you are because you reasoned that it is okay for them to play Mandarin songs as the MAJORITY of the passengers are Chinese. Your reasoning is illogical.

Last I checked, Singapore's official language is English. If you don't like the problem I am raising, it just proves that you are a racist or just a Chinese chauvinist.

maneatwoman

Reaction score
You really trolling hor?

Not sure if you are really a NTU student with your first liner....

You think I've got nothing better to do than trolling?
Do I have a history of trolling?
Check my past posts.

You lost the argument so you call me a troll?
What a loser.

duhduhduh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I didnt know there was a substantial argument from you... hahaha

Wearing earpieces while driving hahahaha..... very smart indeed

maneatwoman

Reaction score
I didnt know there was a substantial argument from you... hahaha

Wearing earpieces while driving hahahaha..... very smart indeed

You didn't know a substantial argument from a non-substantial one because your IQ is very low. That, I'm not surprised.

How different is listening to music on the radio and listening on an earpiece? At least, wearing an earpiece does not force non Chinese people from listening to your music.

If you care so much about safety since you have established that music is a distraction, then tell the drivers to switch off the radio and concentrate fully on the road.

I cannot help you much to understand the simple logic as it looks like your low IQ cannot be changed.

I also cannot you much because your parents has raised you into a racist. If the situation was reversed and the drivers play non-English / non-Chinese music, I am sure you would have kpkb your heart out.

Last edited:

duhduhduh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You didn't know a substantial argument from a non-substantial one because your IQ is very low. That, I'm not surprised.

How different is listening to music on the radio and listening on an earpiece? At least, wearing an earpiece does not force non Chinese people from listening to your music.

If you care so much about safety since you have established that music is a distraction, then tell the drivers to switch off the radio and concentrate fully on the road.

I cannot help you much to understand the simple logic as it looks like your low IQ cannot be changed.

I also cannot you much because your parents has raised you into a racist. If the situation was reversed and the drivers play non-English / non-Chinese music, I am sure you would have kpkb your heart out.
My IQ may be low but your EQ is definitely even lower than my IQ.
Ok ok, you are the smartest. :D Wish you all the best in your future endeavour!

Helped both of us to increase pc. :o:D:s13:

Last edited:

maneatwoman

Reaction score
My IQ may be low but your EQ is definitely even lower than my IQ.
Ok ok, you are the smartest. :D Wish you all the best in your future endeavour!

Helped both of us to increase pc. :o:D:s13:

My EQ is lower than yours? You're the biggest joker I've known.

The fact that you thought it was alright for Mandarin songs to be played in NTU shuttle bus already proves ONCE AND FOR ALL that you have no EQ.

"People with high EQ .... empathize, and connect with the people around them." Source: http://www.diffen.com/difference/EQ_vs_IQ

You have no empathy towards the feelings of passengers who do not understand Mandarin. Thus, if you lack such empathy, have you no shame to say that your EQ is higher than mine???

maneatwoman

Reaction score
Crazy thread, ts really eat too full, i love the 972 btw, very nice

Sent from SMU using GAGT

Haha.. Of course it's a crazy thread because I am complaining about Mandarin songs being played.

If I were complaining about Indian or Malay songs, you would have joined in and agreed that it is selfish of the drivers to do so.

After all, you and many here are racists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.