Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its not about it being practical or not, its whether u need it or not. U must think carefully lor.. If u dont need aircon in ur hall now and in the future, get a system 3. Don't install just for the sake of installing then never use, price difference quite a lot. Our ME system 3 (btu 9k*3) is $2850 and system 4 (btu 24k+9k*3) is $3850. Price difference of $1k! But if u might need aircon in ur hall in the near future, then might as well get a system 4 and have it done once and for all cos it's cheaper to install a system 4 compared to system 3 + system 1 (usually about $600-$700 incl labour fee). Most people go for system 3 + system 1 only because they frequently need to switch on all 4 fancoils at the same time.

Now, both Mitsubishi Electric system 3 and 4 is 2-ticks already.
We are still in the planning stage :o A friend of The Other Half put in these folding doors/partition to their hall to have an airconditioned home theatre, and she wants to do something similar.

Like I was saying, I'm new to this sort of thing ... my understanding of your reply is that, a System 4 cannot run all 4 units at the same time? Is that correct?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
To CCCustom

4 rooms is not an issue, even turn on for all at same time, just you feel that slower cooling when start up within 15-30mins, once the room has cooling down and all rooms would be sufficient as well.

Usually would be prefer you turn on 1 hours before sleep, that is normal we do.

Methanol

Reaction score
Seeking aircon advices

Hi, my system 4 Mitsubishi heavy industries failed last week. Only air could be felt and timer light blinking, compressor fan not moving. Got my agent wo kee hong to come down and see. They confirmed need to change 2 pcb boards and a corrode valve. So we agreed to change them however as they did not have ex stock for the valve, we were told to wait for the valve to come and just change the 2 pcb board. 3 of my Aircon is up now however.my aircon developed further problems.

1)Study room air con is not cold at all even at the lowest temperature.
2)intermittent stopping of the compressor which resulted in all Aircon not cold.

I am a consumer who knows nothing about aircon and just take in advices from the agent. At least now I found this website when I am sourcing for other alternatives, pls can anyone from this professional forum able to give me a second opinion. Great appreciation! Btw any recommendation for Aircon company for service contract as my contract is ending soon.

STREAM2

Reaction score
Hi Methanol,
Maxicool Services (Jason), Cooling Aircon (Eddie), Ah Yi, Mr.Chua and Redcon are recommended in this forum.

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
Hi, my system 4 Mitsubishi heavy industries failed last week. Only air could be felt and timer light blinking, compressor fan not moving. Got my agent wo kee hong to come down and see. They confirmed need to change 2 pcb boards and a corrode valve. So we agreed to change them however as they did not have ex stock for the valve, we were told to wait for the valve to come and just change the 2 pcb board. 3 of my Aircon is up now however.my aircon developed further problems.

1)Study room air con is not cold at all even at the lowest temperature.
2)intermittent stopping of the compressor which resulted in all Aircon not cold.

I am a consumer who knows nothing about aircon and just take in advices from the agent. At least now I found this website when I am sourcing for other alternatives, pls can anyone from this professional forum able to give me a second opinion. Great appreciation! Btw any recommendation for Aircon company for service contract as my contract is ending soon.

how long do you have the aircon ?

Methanol

Reaction score
5 years and the aircon was regularly service and didn't give us much problem till last week when the compressor stopped working.

hOp3SoT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That unit set on 20C would be tells the compressor kick in runs in full speed until you turn off.

The rest set in 25C just works as normal only.
Actually use high fan speed also will increase outdoor working speed to blow out in high speed and high power input as well.

thx for the explanation! is it normal if all 3 units r on and set at 25C and fan 1 but it doesnt hits 25C even after >1.5 hrs? rm size is abt 3 x 4.7.

Reaction score
We are still in the planning stage :o A friend of The Other Half put in these folding doors/partition to their hall to have an airconditioned home theatre, and she wants to do something similar.

Like I was saying, I'm new to this sort of thing ... my understanding of your reply is that, a System 4 cannot run all 4 units at the same time? Is that correct?

If u're installing it for 4 rooms (BTU 9k*4), it should be fine to run all 4 units at the same time. It may take just awhile longer to cool the rooms. If u need more details and explanations, feel free to contact us at 81134479 so i can explain it to u easier thru phone :s13:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
thx for the explanation! is it normal if all 3 units r on and set at 25C and fan 1 but it doesnt hits 25C even after >1.5 hrs? rm size is abt 3 x 4.7.

I guess the gas shortage, should check the gas pressure at least has 150 around there.

librahaha

Reaction score
Hi.. wanted to install a sys 2 aircon and got 2 Quot as follows:
- Mit HI $2,200 for SCM45 + SRK25 (9k btu) x 2
- Mit Starmex $2,299 for 2E20VA + GE10VA (9k btu) x 2

Is the above price reasonable and which one should I choose.

Thanks.

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
Hi.. wanted to install a sys 2 aircon and got 2 Quot as follows:
- Mit HI $2,200 for SCM45 + SRK25 (9k btu) x 2
- Mit Starmex $2,299 for 2E20VA + GE10VA (9k btu) x 2

Is the above price reasonable and which one should I choose.

Thanks.

Starmex... easier ?

the price is alittle high though

wengchiat

Reaction score
Hi,

Looking for a Starmex Sys 3, with 10000x1, 9000x2.

How much should I be looking at, with insulation, including all hidden costs?

kohkindachi

Reaction score
I'm looking to have air con in 4 rooms too. Should I just buy from those retail store at IMM?
Or can someone PM me contacts sellers who can provide reasonable price? Thanks :)

hOp3SoT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess the gas shortage, should check the gas pressure at least has 150 around there.

the person came to check and say tat the gas pressure is normal at abt 125 and they refer me to Mitsubishi agent for further check. :eek:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
the person came to check and say tat the gas pressure is normal at abt 125 and they refer me to Mitsubishi agent for further check. :eek:

Not enought, if non inverter R22 should be the right, for inverter were high pressure should remain as 150 -/+

That is why not cold at all :D
You decreased the temp then end out you need pay more electricity only

master_audio

Reaction score
I am thinking of changing my existing almost spoiled National (yeah! not Panasonic) Aircon to a System 3 Aircon, but I got the feedback that ME will change their model by the coming December - is this true?

Originally I thought the ME compressor is made in Japan, but was told is made in Thailand. I'm torn now and thinking of getting other brand like Fujitsu. Any opinion? Thanks in advance.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
I am thinking of changing my existing almost spoiled National (yeah! not Panasonic) Aircon to a System 3 Aircon, but I got the feedback that ME will change their model by the coming December - is this true?

Originally I thought the ME compressor is made in Japan, but was told is made in Thailand. I'm torn now and thinking of getting other brand like Fujitsu. Any opinion? Thanks in advance.

Fujitsu was cheap, but most of parts is made in China :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.