xohLxI3.jpg

Pi5Bs8i.jpg

n1Bj6Av.jpg

OUUM9ic.jpg

q7oQiOL.jpg

nBtJOK7.jpg

F7OAKZP.jpg

Dimensions:
154.4 x 75.8 x 7.8 mm (6.08 x 2.98 x 0.31 in)
Weight:
180 g (6.35 oz)
SIM:
Nano-SIM

IP68 certified - dust proof and water resistant over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes
Fingerprint sensor

Display Type:
IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size:
5.5 inches (~70.4% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution:
2160 x 3840 pixels (~806 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch:
Yes, up to 10 fingers
Protection Scratch:
resistant glass, oleophobic coating

Platform OS:
Android OS, v5.1.1 (Lollipop)
Chipset:
Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810 CPU Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2 GHz Cortex-A57

GPU:
Adreno 430
Memory Card slot:
microSD, up to 200 GB
Internal:
32 GB, 3 GB RAM

Camera:
Primary 23 MP, 5520 §ç 4140 pixels, autofocus, LED flash Features Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama Video 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 720p@120fps, HDR Secondary 5.1 MP, 1080p, HDR

Alert types:
Vibration, MP3, WAV ringtones
Loudspeaker:
Yes, with stereo speakers
3.5mm jack:
Yes

WLAN:
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot

Bluetooth:
v4.1, A2DP, apt-X

GPS:
Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS/ Beidou (market dependant)
NFC:
Yes

Radio:
FM radio with RDS
USB:
microUSB v2.0 (MHL 3 TV-out), USB Host

Sensors:
Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer

Messaging SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, IM, Push Email Browser HTML 5

Java:
No
Fast battery charging:
60% in 30 min (Quick Charge 2.0)

ANT support

Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic-
Xvid/MP4/H.265 player- MP3/eAAC /WAV/Flac player-

Document viewer:
Photo/video editor

Battery:
Non-removable Li-Ion 3430 mAh battery

Colors:
Chrome, Black, Gold

3430mAh battery, Sony biggest capacity on its smartphone.
the display sure takes a big hit on the battery.

its the 4k display that may attract me to get it.
only this.

Last edited:

zzcalvin123

Reaction score
will be keeping a look out for this device. sadly no z5 ultra. wondering if they will do a 4k tablet next?

year2013

Master Member
Reaction score
Why cant Sony announce n release the product immediately? All hype willl be gonne by November end as people will start looking for Snapdragon820 !!

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Snapdragon 820 for Ultra gen 2?
Possible? Or there is no more sucessor?

firezero10

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Curious about how the camera perform as well as the battery life with the 4K display. SD 810 is another concern.

omelet

Reaction score
Some interesting details dug from a few sources for those who lazy to look through:

We dug in a little and we came to the obvious conclusion that the camera utilizes what’s become known as a 25MP multi-aspect sensor even though they are not advertising it.
The Sony Xperia Z5 Premium has a stainless steel frame (unlike the other Z5s, which are made from aluminum).
Source: http://www.gsmarena.com/sonys_new_z5_series_phones_actually_use_a_custom_25mp_camera_sensor-blog-13806.php

Sony also highlighted that a new camera UI is destined for the Xperia Z5 series. The new interface is shown throughout its promo videos (we’ve included some stills below) which gives brief glimpse of the new layout.

Gestures will play a more important role, you only need to swipe up/down to switch between the main camera modes.

Sources: http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/09/03/new-camera-interface-heading-to-xperia-z5-series/

The Xperia Z5 Premium also features Sony’s "memory on display" feature, which means that images and videos are cached so that the phone does not need to reload the full image each time you view it, preserving battery power.
Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/sony/11831956/Xperia-Z5-New-Sony-smartphones-include-worlds-first-Ultra-HD-mobile-screen.html

Truer blacks with less light leakage
The Xperia Z5 display is illuminated with powerful LCD backlights and a unique filter keeps more of this light in. The result? Incredible contrast with strikingly dense and dark blacks, whatever angle you view from.
Source: http://www.sonymobile.com/sg/xperia/technologies/displays/

Sony's newest 23 MP Exmor RS sensor makes a cameo in a Sony flagship for the first time exclusively for the Z5 trio, and we can reasonable expect extremely fast performance, as the phone will sport phase detection autofocus with 192 focus points. Sony promises 0.03s focusing times, which is extremely fast indeed, about three times faster than the quickest autofocus systems announced, like on Samsung's Note5 or the Redmi Note 2.
Source: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Check-out-the-Xperia-Z5-Premium-official-camera-samples_id73292

Chai_Latte

Reaction score
Great!

In Nov can look forward to Xperia Z5 vs LG G4 Note vs Zenfone Zoom camera showdown :s12:

lekhte

Reaction score
Why cant Sony announce n release the product immediately? All hype willl be gonne by November end as people will start looking for Snapdragon820 !!
Logistic and manufacturing capacity, i guess

Sony will face tough competition too, like iphone 6s

jazzman80

Master Member
Reaction score
as a comparison, I like the sharp display on note 5 and the battery is decent too, ever clocked 11 hrs OST.

however, full HD is enough for most of us.
seeing how the SD810 fares badly on the battery despite few versions,I'm still keen to see whether Sony delivers their promise on 2 days battery.

anyway,
LG is known for their thin bezels.
HTC, for best audio quality.
Samsung ,its display. and audio is catching up.
Sony, battery and design.

wonder why Sony can't catch up on audio and camera aspect despite they are good in audio stuffs and they supply the lens to other smartphone manufacturer.

think so far Z2 has the best audio quality among xperia. but not among all brands.

Chai_Latte

Reaction score
Wth.. Price close to 1.5k.. I wil pass

1.5K !!!
What currency? If this is singapore then good bye Sony.
I will stay with Moto X Pure n my Z3

Uk/Euro pricing.

I believe they are always much more expensive there from my experience with online shopping :)

Still it won't be cheap... looking at Sony to priced it slightly higher than the recently released Samsung models in the same class here.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Aga price based on forum leak.

Z5C ~ less than 1K
Z5 ~ 1.1K
Z5P ~ 1.4K

But knowing sony, price will drop for sure.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
as a comparison, I like the sharp display on note 5 and the battery is decent too, ever clocked 11 hrs OST.

however, full HD is enough for most of us.
seeing how the SD810 fares badly on the battery despite few versions,I'm still keen to see whether Sony delivers their promise on 2 days battery.

anyway,
LG is known for their thin bezels.
HTC, for best audio quality.
Samsung ,its display. and audio is catching up.
Sony, battery and design.

wonder why Sony can't catch up on audio and camera aspect despite they are good in audio stuffs and they supply the lens to other smartphone manufacturer.

think so far Z2 has the best audio quality among xperia. but not among all brands.

You know, last time we used to think HD is sufficient and they introduced FHD display.

I think technology advancement is acceptable as long as it does not compromise the battery life.

Next time we might see 8K resolution or higher.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.