Xperia Z5 Premium - World's first 4K display smartphone

Jurchen King

Master Member
Reaction score
4k to drain the battery :D!

Ultimate Z5 premium battery challenge: how about lasting a full day on a single charge on normal settings from morning to evening :s12:, without activating battery saver ???

sunnycrowe

Reaction score
Mayb wait til march 15 when z5+ or z6 is announced, then z5 premium price wil drop to acceptable level.. By then we wil know how does the batt life n camera pics wil fare... Its absolutely not worth to spend this money on a new flagship now... Jus got to wait.... Meanwhile i wil hold on to my z3+..

Whats disappointing is all z5 series batt size dont impress much.

omelet

Reaction score
Interested in the Z5 premium, especially the chrome model which looked very nice. :s13:

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

Since it is using Snapdragon 810 it supports CAT9 LTE only. Snapdragon 820 supports CAT10 LTE

Singtel is now testing its network and upgrading to CAT10 LTE, eventually.

Last edited:

hush66

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Coming from the Z3+, I'm also only interested in the Z5 Premium. But need to really compare the 4K screen to see if it's worth the upgrade.

spiez1

Reaction score
Coming from the Z3+, I'm also only interested in the Z5 Premium. But need to really compare the 4K screen to see if it's worth the upgrade.

Cant wait to test this out. Hope the battery goes back to good old 2 days

spiez1

Reaction score
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-34117115

Sony says its use of a "high capacity" 3,430 mAh battery and memory-on-display tech - which allows a static image to remain on show without requiring extra processing power - should mean the handset lasts for "up to two days" between charges.

________

The explanation on camera is intriguing as well

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sony says its use of a "high capacity" 3,430 mAh battery and memory-on-display tech - which allows a static image to remain on show without requiring extra processing power - should mean the handset lasts for "up to two days" between charges.

________

LG had a similar technology on the G3. In the end battery life also not very good.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LG had a similar technology on the G3. In the end battery life also not very good.

I never know LG had any phones with reputable good battery life to start with, and do not think Sony need to reuse their technology when Z2 was the beginning of their good battery life branding.

waterballoon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I never know LG had any phones with reputable good battery life to start with, and do not think Sony need to reuse their technology when Z2 was the beginning of their good battery life branding.

G2 had phenomenal battery life.

anyway, wah I find the chrome back so chio leh *tears*

spiez1

Reaction score
http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/09/04/xperia-z5-using-dual-heat-pipes-to-control-thermal-performance/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

If they solved the heating issue in z5, they should announce formally. Or is it because z3+ sales might suffer?

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

________

That memory on display sounds very much like the IGZO screens used by Sharp on their DoCoMo and softbank phones

jazzman80

Master Member
Reaction score
That memory on display sounds very much like the IGZO screens used by Sharp on their DoCoMo and softbank phones

agreed. wanted to say this too LOL
anyway if Sony is really using such technology, then the battery will last longer. my mum who's using her sharp phone with IGZO can last 9 days on a single charge. SOT of 5 hours, left 10plus% battery.

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
agreed. wanted to say this too LOL
anyway if Sony is really using such technology, then the battery will last longer. my mum who's using her sharp phone with IGZO can last 9 days on a single charge. SOT of 5 hours, left 10plus% battery.

Yeah IGZO is good. My sh-01g battery performance is excellent for a 5.5 inch screen. Partially also cause the battery is big :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.