Medishield Comparison. Find out which is the cheapest

blurpandasg2014

Reaction score
Any reason why you calculate only until 75 years old? You may want to include till 85 (or at least till the Singapore life expectancy ratio of 83).

I can see that the annual premium after 75 are exponentially more expensive.

The reason for calculating till age 75 is becos not all insurers show their premiums above that age for medishield main plan.

Although, I have included a comparison between aviva and ntuc till 90 if u download the excel. They are the only insurers which have the price displayed on their website till 90

Reaction score
Does anyone know the market shares of the different insurers for the integrated shield plans? Because in the longer run, it may make sense to buy from the larger ones (assuming of course, there is no big variance in underwriting standards). Thanks.

blurpandasg2014

Reaction score
Does anyone know the market shares of the different insurers for the integrated shield plans? Because in the longer run, it may make sense to buy from the larger ones (assuming of course, there is no big variance in underwriting standards). Thanks.

Heard ntuc market share is 70%

VictorvonDoom

Master Member
Reaction score
Any idea how ISP works with pre-existing illnesses when Medishield Life starts?

ISP don't cover them while MS Life does? Quite confused over here.

shingy

Reaction score
Any idea how ISP works with pre-existing illnesses when Medishield Life starts?

ISP don't cover them while MS Life does? Quite confused over here.

When a claim arises and it is related to pre-existing illnesses, payout will only be from Medishield Life and none from ISP.
Medishield life payout is pegged to B2/C ward.

ISP comes in when you live in B1 and above ward and claim not related to pre-existing illnesss.

ipaq4444

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I did up an excel on the latest medishield life comparison among insurers. Feel free to download the excel. Take note that my calculation starts from age 27. Pls calculate the cost according to ur age

Just a summary:

- NTUC is the cheapest if you are getting both Main Plan and Full rider
- If you are getting main plan only (wo rider), NTUC and Pru very competitve
- GE most expensive :s22:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5BvBkMhm4HDNHVBNVQ3Uy16dVE/view?usp=sharing

OCaRBR0.jpg

hi ts, did your study also include the max number of days for pre and post hospitilisation plan?

another thing that i can think of it - some of the plan only pay when you are warded - that means there must be a board and room charges.

if you suay, got to wait for observation ( observation - no board and room charges ) then not all the plan can claim.

blurpandasg2014

Reaction score
hi ts, did your study also include the max number of days for pre and post hospitilisation plan?

another thing that i can think of it - some of the plan only pay when you are warded - that means there must be a board and room charges.

if you suay, got to wait for observation ( observation - no board and room charges ) then not all the plan can claim.

I think all insurers need to be warded for at least 6hrs for claim. Doubt any insurer able to claim for observation.

Let me upload another ppt I made abt medishield life

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5BvBkMhm4HDdVJTQlJYTEEzUlE/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Bumps. Updated with latest info.
If mod can sticky this thread, would be beneficial :)

Eh, a bit grey as your first post is promoting AXA.

If there are equal bits about each product then it's possible to sticky.
Nonetheless I would talk to the admin about it. Thank for the effort. :)

blurpandasg2014

Reaction score
Eh, a bit grey as your first post is promoting AXA.

If there are equal bits about each product then it's possible to sticky.
Nonetheless I would talk to the admin about it. Thank for the effort. :)

Noted with Thanks :) Will edit accordingly

hhhnnn

Reaction score
Hi blurpandasg2014,

The total premium sum ranking from your result is quite different from mine though. In my calculation, I dont take the cash outlay into account, only the total premium pays. So, the portion from medishield life should be the same across all players. I only compare between NTUC, AVIVA, AXA and Prudential only though.
All the plans have the comprehensive riders.
It turns out NTUC Plus rider is cheapest, then AXA + Basic rider, AVIVA+rider C, Prudential + rider

-------------NTUC AVIVA AXA Basic AXA Gen. Prudential Med. Life
sum 21-65 40115 55730 43600 56290 66687.8 19475
Sum 21-75 70756 101010 79348 104263 117967.12 28155

I dont know the source of difference between yours and mine though.
See the link for more details

https://www.dropbox.com/s/14w5ifdy4uf7oxh/Compare_ISP.PNG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h2f1wikf33s8643/Compare_ISP_chart.png?dl=0

wts2013

Banned
Reaction score
Hi blurpandasg2014,

The total premium sum ranking from your result is quite different from mine though. In my calculation, I dont take the cash outlay into account, only the total premium pays. So, the portion from medishield life should be the same across all players. I only compare between NTUC, AVIVA, AXA and Prudential only though.
It turns out NTUC Plus rider is cheapest, then AXA + Basic rider, AVIVA+rider C, Prudential + rider

Yes I remembered reading in the papers NTUC is cheapest, I have ntuc enhanced incomeshield B with plus rider (100% cover)

(only read your post, have not read all the earlier posts nor the dropboxes above)

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Not sure if I should cancel my AIA HealthShield Gold Max...

Pay via CPF

blurpandasg2014

Reaction score
Hi blurpandasg2014,

Hi hhhnnn

The difference between our calculation is that i included the cost of the main medishield life plan into the calculation. That explains the difference in total premiums :) I will upload the excel later today on the first post.

hhhnnn

Reaction score
But the medishield life component should be the same across all companies right? That should not create any differences in terms of ranking of pricing. Aviva and AXA General Care rider have pretty close sum of premiums from 21-75 years old (only a few K difference)

Hi hhhnnn

The difference between our calculation is that i included the cost of the main medishield life plan into the calculation. That explains the difference in total premiums :) I will upload the excel later today on the first post.

Last edited:

IndianChief

Banned
Reaction score
I have aviva under moratarium caus i had TB 2 years back although fully cured now.. Even got treatment completion cert by TTSH

Is it okay for me to approach other companies while disclosing that i had TB before to see if they willing to accept me? If they offer me with exclusions, i can reject n stay with Aviva without any repercussions right?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.