Lumia 950XL & 950 - WP10 Flagship

CMkenny

Reaction score
overall the phone is good from the presentation just the appstore is the only setback with lack of developers compared to android and ios

grimfan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What a waste of pureview innovation

Pureview is still here, just that they ain't going for super high MP like the Lumia 1020; too expensive and too niche to mass produce.

20MP with OIS if done right will be good as well, just look at the iPhone's camera. If the 950 (despite the MP count) can produce images as good as the 1020 while improving the launch, focus and shot to shot times will already be considered a win to me.

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score
All I want is >41mp camera phone. Where is lumia1020 successor?

Clearly average joe doesn't want it... its hard to market a phone with 41MP too, mum and dads just want one that works and is fast enough.

I like the direction overall, I will still keep my lumia 1020 :s13:

mocax

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
my lumia 930's seems pretty good in low light... also 20mp... :o

maybe a bit early to switch to 950... :crazy:

Rickosw

Reaction score
Ya. They already sell Surface here through their online store. I don't know what's so hard about adding the phones to their local online store.

Not sure as yet, will touch base with their marketing side if we get the chance - hopefully soon ! and feedback this request

ayeong

Reaction score
Only hope that they bring the 950 dual SIM version to Singapore. Very often, dual sim is not offered in Singapore market :(

And also hopefully they launch quickly unlike 930 which have to wait for months after it was introduced.

Rockman_

Reaction score
One thing about phones, if you want to protect it, you'd always need a cover. And covers always bulk up the originally slim phone.

And that is one cool thing I like about 950 after watching the reviews. It seems like their battery covers are the ones protecting your phone; all over the corners. If it gets damaged just replace the battery cover to a new design. And best part is, it doesn't bulk up the phone like covers for other phones. All you need is a screen protector.

Wonder when it'll be available here... :s12:

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
http://wmpoweruser.com/lumia-950-an...s-natural-pixel-processing-and-more-new-tech/

holy shet

◾ISO12800
◾F1.9
◾5th gen OIS
◾Nnatural pixel processing,
◾RGB flash
◾Content aware exp. times,
◾Next gen dynamic exposure: Two exposure times in the same image. Short for moving and long for static part in Rich capture.

Do we really take photos at such high ISO? Unless the balance between noise suppression and photos details are properly handled, we will have quite bad photos?

But I'm kind of curious what that "Two exposure times in the same image" thingy.

Heron_Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just today, my Lumia 1520 threw fits at me. Reminding me that Lumia 950XL is so near yet so far...

Btw, who is thinking of getting a display dock?

VoodooKing

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Time to upgrade from 920.

Anyway, we have to see the SKU for Asian market. It could be different from the US market, maybe no dual-sim or less RAM.

SINple

Reaction score
Do we really take photos at such high ISO? Unless the balance between noise suppression and photos details are properly handled, we will have quite bad photos?

But I'm kind of curious what that "Two exposure times in the same image" thingy.
“nokia rich capture ” will take 2 photo, 1 with flash and another without flash. Then u can adjust the exposure between these 2 level.

Sent from Sony D5503 using GAGT

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score

If they're able to have such a high ISO, that means they're sure that the noise level are low.
Even with 12,800 you might not use it but 4000 may now be decent enough :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.