MS surface pro 4 in singapore?

mudxblood

Master Member
Reaction score
Dafuq keyboard no red colour! Student pricing available only at a later date :s22:

UPDATE: Student pricing availability highly likely to be available from 19 Nov onwards.

Last edited:

gunners007

Reaction score
Pro 4

Now ssd and ram so cheap , but duno why they sell so expensive

Yah RAM and SSD is dirt cheap now. But because you cannot DIY to change the RAM or processor, I will go for the higher spec. For SSD, it can still be complement with external HDD or SSD, so i just go for 256gb SSD, mainly for applications and programs.

gunners007

Reaction score
Yah student price not so soon. The 10% discount will allow you to buy the type cover for free.

The Challenger pre-order, still not a bad choice. Free 1TB HDD, will cost approx $90, and with value member point, you will get approx $25 vouchers from the point you earn from the surface pro 4 purchase.

gunners007

Reaction score
For surface book, it make more sense to get the model with dGPU, because that is the key selling point of Book, of course the design as well.

Even you get the i5, 256g SSD, 8gb RAM, it will cost USD$1900, approx SGD$2700. Running a powerful machine on 8gb RAM, might be abit slow after awhile.

You can still expand the SSD via external, like getting the Samsung T1 SSD. You can get it at a attractive price during Black Friday or Cyber Monday sales in US.

deckcard

Master Member
Reaction score
microsd is not in the same class as ssd even if you buy the fastest, its still much slower than internal or even external ssd.

Having said that, the price of Surface book is really expensive. I'm sure other big brand will follow similar design at a more affordable price

Red_Cheesepie

Master Member
Reaction score
Make me feel like getting one lol. My ipad air not zai enough.

You are comparing iPad air with surface pro. Comparing wrong class bro. IPad air vs surface. Macbook air vs surface pro. Macbook pro vs surface book. Alot ppl get the wrong idea about surface pro or their target audience, and Microsoft did not really bother much to clarify that too, hence consumer suffer.

gunners007

Reaction score
pro4

You are comparing iPad air with surface pro. Comparing wrong class bro. IPad air vs surface. Macbook air vs surface pro. Macbook pro vs surface book. Alot ppl get the wrong idea about surface pro or their target audience, and Microsoft did not really bother much to clarify that too, hence consumer suffer.

Yah Ipad pro is great device however it is still an IOS platform, even though there are IOS apps for MS Office and Outlook. It is still more for leisure, if you need for work, play serious games, Windows platform is still the best.

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yah Ipad pro is great device however it is still an IOS platform, even though there are IOS apps for MS Office and Outlook. It is still more for leisure, if you need for work, play serious games, Windows platform is still the best.

The thing is surface pro gpu also no good leh.

wwng16

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need some expert advice, Is the pro 4 m3 good enuff for basic use. Example MS office, outlook, some games like AVA, counterstrikes, football manager and etc.

This is because i m in a dilemma..its either Pro 3 i5 128gb is 1248 + 199 = 1447 or pro 4 m3 128gb 1338 + 199 = 1537. Difference only 90 bucks.

Thank you.

gunners007

Reaction score
Need some expert advice, Is the pro 4 m3 good enuff for basic use. Example MS office, outlook, some games like AVA, counterstrikes, football manager and etc.

This is because i m in a dilemma..its either Pro 3 i5 128gb is 1248 + 199 = 1447 or pro 4 m3 128gb 1338 + 199 = 1537. Difference only 90 bucks.

Thank you.

You comparing Pro 3 and Pro 4, the Intel processor is different Pro 3 using the 4th Generation while Pro 4 using the latest 6th Generation.

You will be spending approx $1400 plus, might as well spend another $90 to get the latest model instead of the old one. Unless you getting a pre-owned set, which is much cheaper, should be less than 1k, then it make more sense to compare.

wwng16

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You comparing Pro 3 and Pro 4, the Intel processor is different Pro 3 using the 4th Generation while Pro 4 using the latest 6th Generation.

You will be spending approx $1400 plus, might as well spend another $90 to get the latest model instead of the old one. Unless you getting a pre-owned set, which is much cheaper, should be less than 1k, then it make more sense to compare.

you are right! thanks for the advice!
Will choose the pro 4.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.