[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC88U

trichard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Logically ... User from Triband ... To this .... Is a down grade of lost of a Band ... Right ?

Triband of 2x 5Ghz helps a lot to load balance .

thiamhui

Reaction score
Logically ... User from Triband ... To this .... Is a down grade of lost of a Band ... Right ?

Triband of 2x 5Ghz helps a lot to load balance .
The 2 x 5 GHz only useful if you have many 5 GHz devices running together.

Like for me case, only 1 laptop and 1 iPhone, all the rest are either 2.4 GHz or LAN. RT-AC88U is more suitable for me...

AshSim

Master Member
Reaction score
WTFast client allows you to utilize their WTFast private WAN network rather than going through your subscribed ISP designated routes to the various game servers to achieve better routes/lesser hops/lower latency.

ASUS designed their ASUS RT-AC88U for gamers and enthusiasts in mind, whereas the AC5300 are designed for those whom wanted to utilize 2x 5GHz for their WiFi devices and the smart connect feature.

So, the WTFast is meant for gamers la? But not available on 5300 ah?

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
So, the WTFast is meant for gamers la? But not available on 5300 ah?

Yes, WTFast will be not available on the ASUS RT-AC5300 as far as i know, unless ASUS TW decide otherwise which is very unlikely.

WTFast is only available on the ASUS RT-AC88U and ASUS RT-AC3100.

ASUS RT-AC88U is part of the new ASUS ROG 2015 Arsenal.

Last edited:

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
Quick come poison us!!! :s12:

TGIF ASUS RT-AC88U partial teaser is here :D

You guys will be one of the first few (worldwide) to see what's ASUS RT-AC88U has to offer :D

Introducing the new Game Boost Tab which includes the Internet Game Boost (WTFast) and LAN Boost (One Click Game First Mode) which priorities gaming as highest via one click.

bingrui

Reaction score
Yes, WTFast will be not available on the ASUS RT-AC5300 as far as i know, unless ASUS TW decide otherwise which is very unlikely.

WTFast is only available on the ASUS RT-AC88U and ASUS RT-AC3100.

ASUS RT-AC88U is part of the new ASUS ROG 2015 Arsenal.
Mind if I ask. Difference between 88 and 3100?

trichard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I ask .... With all the issue we get at AC87U ..... Is the a trade in offer for 87U to 88U like getting the 88U at 50% of the cost ?

Fair for those 87U group also ...

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
Can I ask .... With all the issue we get at AC87U ..... Is the a trade in offer for 87U to 88U like getting the 88U at 50% of the cost ?

RT-AC87U won't be allowed to upgrade to 88U.

We don't have such offer.

Best regard,
JK

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Wah come I clap for you.. you indeed presented a plan which benefits the ac87u group.. hahas

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.