BOC SmartSaver

wts2013

Banned
Reaction score
BOC Smartsaver (Multi currency Savings A/c) up to 3.55% Interest!

BOC SmartSaver is a savings plan for BOC Multi-Currency Savings (MCS) account holders to earn bonus interests on top of prevailing interests when you fulfill the required criteria. Introducing a smarter way to earn up to 3.55% p.a. with BOC SmartSaver.

Features

With BOC SmartSaver, you can receive 2 types of interests every month.

1. Prevailing interests:

You earn prevailing interest on your account's day-end ledger balance.
Prevailing interest rate for MCS Account is based on tier basis. The more you deposit the higher interest rate you can earn.
Prevailing interest is accrued daily and will be credited into your BOC MCS account at the end of each month.

Prevailing Savings Interest Rate (SGD)
Below S$5,000 0.25%
S$5,000 and above 0.275%
S$20,000 and above 0.35%
S$50,000 and above 0.40%

2. Bonus interests:

W020151030395945796387.jpg

On top of prevailing savings interests, you can earn bonus interests on the first S$60,000 of your account balance when you perform any or all of these:

Earn 1.55% p.a. when you spend at least S$500 across your BOC Credit Cards and/or Debit Cards.
Earn 1.00% p.a. when your company credits your salary of at least S$2,000 into your BOC MCS Account.
Earn 0.60% p.a. when you transact 3 bill payments or 1 BOC Mortgage Repayment from your BOC MCS Account.

You need to maintain a minimum balance of S$1,500 in your MCS Account to be eligible for the bonus interest rates. Bonus interests are calculated based on your BOC MCS Account's Average Effective Balance for the month. For example, overdraft, earmarked balance, cheque float amount are not considered as effective balance.

You will receive the bonus interests within 15 business days of the following month.

http://www.bankofchina.com/sg/bocinfo/bi5/201510/t20151023_5821377.html

Last edited:

jackieatbtu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How easy is it for internet banking in BOC? Need to make 3 bill payments online every month.

And, another $1500 would be locked in the multi currency account.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IB of BOC has the worst layout among all the banks. not supported on my latest chrome browser.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it is a bit of a hassle to move around.

but it is a good thing that all banks are moving towards such "packaged" transactions to make clients consolidate their transactions to make clients earn higher interest rates. more competition means any bank is unlikely to reduce benefits. probably OCBC will increase benefits to retain customers? =:p

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Salary credit part a bit tough for self employed. :(

Spending of 500 not that simple also.

aoptionwriter

Reaction score
Spending money is easy for me, as I use to business travel weekly.

Salary is an issue, because my boss only paid me one salary only!:s22:

Salary credit part a bit tough for self employed. :(

Spending of 500 not that simple also.

Kcusts

Master Member
Reaction score
Can't seem to find the option to apply online? Guess have to do it at their branch?

aoptionwriter

Reaction score
Going to pay them a visit tomorrow, so happened that tomorrow has a member sale there.

I need to know more about the multi currency issue from their staff. This information is not available on their webpage.

Can't seem to find the option to apply online? Guess have to do it at their branch?

Kcusts

Master Member
Reaction score
Going to pay them a visit tomorrow, so happened that tomorrow has a member sale there.

I need to know more about the multi currency issue from their staff. This information is not available on their webpage.

What is BOC MCS Account?

BOC Multi-Currency Savings (MCS) account is a statement-based consolidated savings account covering both local currency and nine foreign currencies. This account requires a minimum deposit of S$1,500 and comes with BOC Great Wall International Debit Card, BOC UnionPay Dual Currency Debit Card and Internet Banking facilities.

Do share with us your experiences. :)

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's the prevailing rate & bonus rate for USD?

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody knows how to do the company credit salary thingy using normal account? :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.