BOC SmartSaver

toiregi

Reaction score
disadvantages i can think off hand

-not many ATMs available for withdrawal
-BOC cards have been said to have problems with online txn (OTP) occasionally, although so far for me it has been ok
-Horrible ibanking experience at the moment, no sms only token login. I think my token is not working well after less than a year of usage.
-Cant link to flashpay ATU? So spending cannot pair with transport/flashpay

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score

-BOC cards have been said to have problems with online txn (OTP) occasionally, although so far for me it has been ok
-Horrible ibanking experience at the moment, no sms only token login. I think my token is not working well after less than a year of usage.

you can withdraw from any atm within the atm5 network, so there are actually a lot of atms.

agree with everything else. ibanking is horrible.

Anarchy

Reaction score
I just called BOC as currently I have a MCS account. Initially I thought Smartsaver is another new deposit account but wasn't the case. Smartsaver is more of a "feature" of MCS account. The main criteria is to have MCS account.

I have made 3 online payment from MCS and got to wait for 2 weeks and see if the bonus interest get credited

aoptionwriter

Reaction score
Okay. I am on board today. Very happy for what I heard.

I can deposit and withdrawn RMB without fee over the counter. So I don't have to keep rmb hard cash at home and still earn interest.

There is a free luggage promotion for card n credit line with no spending required.

Sent from Samsung GT-N7105 using GAGT

aoptionwriter

Reaction score
I just called BOC as currently I have a MCS account. Initially I thought Smartsaver is another new deposit account but wasn't the case. Smartsaver is more of a "feature" of MCS account. The main criteria is to have MCS account.

I have made 3 online payment from MCS and got to wait for 2 weeks and see if the bonus interest get credited
Need to ensure that your current fund is not earmarked for other on going scheme. But, this is the best scheme for now.

Sent from Samsung GT-N7105 using GAGT

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The website is cluttered with many expired promotions, a sign of poor house-keeping.
In fact, it has the worst house-keeping amongst the banks.:eek:

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3.55% pa on $60k vs 2.25% pa on $60k 360 Account (Giro salary, 3 bills, $500 spend)
=$2130/pa vs $1350/pa
=$177.50/mth vs $112.50/mth.

That is $65 more per month using Giro Salary, 3 Bills and $500 spend, excluding credit card rebates.

$65/mth is a significant and substantial amount to initiate movement of entire $60k from 360 Account.

yesman1234

Reaction score
Spoke with the CSO. Quite bad. She could not comprehend my questions. Land up had to communicate in Chinese. She don't sound like she is based in Sg at all.

Anyway, the online bill pymt organisations that i asked for include M1, Singtel, Starhub and she also mentioned OCBC Credit Cards. So i believe it allows for bill paymt of other Bank Credit cards.

Note: Their OTP is via token , there is no HP option.

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Spoke with the CSO. Quite bad. She could not comprehend my questions. Land up had to communicate in Chinese. She don't sound like she is based in Sg at all.

Anyway, the online bill pymt organisations that i asked for include M1, Singtel, Starhub and she also mentioned OCBC Credit Cards. So i believe it allows for bill paymt of other Bank Credit cards.

Note: Their OTP is via token , there is no HP option.

you have to install some stupid software to use their ibanking also. and i haven't been able to get it to work on chrome lately.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.