[Review] Secretlab OMEGA Classic Throne, the most advanced chair ever made...

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PC chairs, it is something very difficult to choose from. And gamers like me will tend to sit long hours when we are gaming at our battle station. Usually a bad chair is something that will cause us to have backaches, bad postures, and at times causes us to get very cranky or moody whenever we are gaming. As a gamer ourself, we would really love and appreciate to have a gaming chair that suites us in our daily gaming needs. With that i would take the opportunity today to introduce, the all new OMEGA Classic Throne from Secretlab. And I also would like to take this opportunity to thank Secretlab especially the man behind this, for giving me the opportunity to review the Omega Classic Throne.

Introduction

Credit Source : Secretlab
Secretlab® is a Singaporean-owned company that develops chairs made for long hours of computer usage. Our founders were previously competitive video gamers who had suffered from medical issues that arose from long sessions. They decided to commit to developing a chair that could help alleviate the issues.

Our team is experienced in many areas, such as craftsmanship, industrial design, customer service, just to name a few. Our objective is to create top quality products designed with rationality in mind, while retaining a reasonable price point. We do this by approaching product development from a consumer’s perspective and constantly asking ourselves if an addition would be worth it for the user.

Our chairs are used and trusted by many gaming celebrities, professional gamers, production studios, and events.

Secretlab is a new company that creates great ergonomics PC chairs. Gamers like us particularly spend a lot of our time in front of the PC. And it is only good that we as a gamer should take good care ourselves on our own postures and also the well being of our backbones etc. And usually you have to pay a hefty price tag for that "dream" chair. And that is where Secretlab came about, in providing both ergonomics and comfort for an reasonable price range. And the company mission says it all.

Credit Source: Secretlab
Secretlab chairs have been designed to combine both ergonomics and comfort at a price point that would make it accessible to all. We hope to provide customers with an option that is affordable but also of a superior quality.

So does the OMEGA Classic (also available in OMEGA Stealth) lives up to the standard in modern gaming chair? And is it worth the price of SGD$499? Stay tuned to find out more...

Physical Measurement

One thing for sure the OMEGA is really big. Big in a sense that when you see it, it looks sturdier, solid, larger, with proper padding, and lastly looks "luxury".

What you are about to see right now will be the physical height from ground to the top, height from cushion base to the top, cushion size from the front to the back of the back rest.

Floor to top of the back rest (132cm)

(Note: Chair have been extended up fully)

Cushion base to the top of the back rest (80cm)

Front of cushion base to the back rest 50cm

The next measurement will be the back lumber

Breadth 7.5cm

Length 30cm

The next would be the pillow for the head support

Length Approx 30cm

Breadth Approx 7cm

Last edited:

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bigger and better in many ways

The first thing that many will noticed would be big Omega insignia. It is actually a very high quality sewn in with gold color threads. Giving it a very grand and majestic feel. Likewise, they did it the same to both their lumber supports.

A close up with the sewn in insignia.

The 4D arm rest

Secretlab have hit the right spot for this. After using the Throne V1 for a couple of months, the new 4D arm rest found on the OMEGA is a big significant upgrade for me. Back then the V1 arm rest was actually quite easy to move the angle outwards or inwards. Making it too easy to be accidentally moved. Which can be a bummer to some people.

Just the other day, during a casual meet up with the team, i spoke with them and asked them to tell me more about the all new 4D arm rest. They actually took in a lot of feedback from people, and finally they came out with the 4D arm rest. It is actually more sturdier, more firm, not as flimsy as before, and lastly very solid rubber padding was chosen.

Indeed i am very impressed with the OMEGA 4D arm rest. So here is a quick tour on how to use it.

The circle in red will allow you to move the arm rest side ways, right or left. While the green circle allows you to move the arm rest forward or backward.

So here is how it looks like to adjust......

Sidways right and left

Outwards and inwards

Tilting inward left or outward right

Last edited:

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Continue....

As for this time round, the tilting inwards or outwards of the arm rest have stiffen up a lot more, and it is very rugged in my honest opinion. Back then the V1 i have issues with the arm rest as it was very easy to tilt. And this time round the OMEGA and the V2 has improved the arm rest.

Back then the V1 arm rest was a circular cylinder, and it has a mechanism at the bottom of it to allow the arm rest to tilt. While the OMEGA and V2 has it at the base of the arm rest.

It is noticeably MUCH MUCH stiffer and not so easy to tilt accidentally.

On the V1

On the OMEGA or V2

While the other side of the arm rest, circled in blue will allow you to adjust the height of the arm rest upwards or downwards.

Here is how it looks like....

Height adjust up or down

With that said, there is some minor complains that i would like to highlight here. It isn't a big issue, but it should be highlighted.

The 4D arm rest has the ability to move inward and outward. If one were to sit with the back rest total upright, the arm rest will get into the way of the back rest not allowing you to push fully the arm rest inwards. However if you were to recline the back rest slightly behind, it won't be a big issue after all as the arm rest will be able to pull all the way to the back.

Next would be the walkthrough of all the mechanisms found in this chair.

Rock, Lock, Tilt, adjust

The OMEGA allows you to rock, rock lock, back rest recline, and lastly height adjust.

On the right side of the OMEGA, there is a lever, that lever is for you to tilt the back rest to the desired position. The back rest could actually recline all the way back to 155 degrees without you falling. You could also Rock Lock it if you fear that the chair would rock accidentally.

On the same right side, below the base of the OMEGA, you will find another lever, this will be your standard lever that allows you to do a height adjust of the chair.

Last edited:

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last but not least, the OMEGA featured an extra rocking lock mechanism which was not found on the older V1 or the current V2 throne.

The OMEGA allows you to rock the chair at a certain position and lock it.

This is certainly one of the coolest feature Which i would say the OMEGA is 1 step ahead in this dept.

This rock lock lever is found on the left of the OMEGA. There is 2 position, one is lock and the other is unlock.

Lock

Unlock

A racer chair, in a much more comfier way

The OMEGA was somewhat not just the shape of the racer chair in mind, it is actually a lot more comfortable to sit, and also thicker in all the paddings.

Thanks to them Secretlab actually added a lot more cold core foam to make it thicker and more comfortable to sit on. As you can see, it is actually very thick and hence a lot more firmer, and also more support. Other type of chairs usually use very little foam in their chairs, and hence through time, it actually becomes thinner and no longer comfortable to sit on. Which i'm personally glad that Secretlab actually put a lot more cold core foam in the OMEGA. A huge plus for that...

Next is the PU leather and craftsmanship of the sewn in thread. I'm surprised at how neat it is and the red thread actually kinds of grow on me.

Support will always be a support

The OMEGA comes with the head pillow and the back support lumber. Previously they were using PU leather for their V1. But as of now, both the V2 and the OMEGA would be using the new fabric material.

Now there is good and bad things about it being fabric. It is generally cooler and much more comfortable to rest on. BUT however being it fabric, it is going to absorb sweat and it might smells.

What is worse would be the head pillow support, which the fabric could not be removed and wash. ONLY the back support is able to remove the cold core foam and wash the casing.

The head pillow no longer has any zip to remove the soft stretched cotton unlike the older pillows.

New

Old

Fortunately, Secretlab does allow you to purchase their pillow over at their website for $29.

Now as for the back support lumber. You are allowed to remove the cold core foam out and you can do some cleaning for the fabric.

Last edited:

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Moving on to the new Class 4 Hydraulics and also the all new aluminium base legs.

The OMEGA are actually using a new set of legs. It is now all aluminium. Which is stronger, much sturdier and heavier than compared to plastic. Which is a great move from Secretlab. Also one could rest their feets on the base of the aluminium legs, which is comfortable to rest on. The recommended permit weight for the OMEGA is 110kg.

Lastly the 6cm PU Casters. I have no issues with this wheel, it has been serving me well since ever V1 was introduced. Which is really good, easy to move around, it did not once creaked or break.

Final thoughts and conclusion

The OMEGA is a whole new tier offering from the V2 or even the older V1. It is by far one of the most advanced chair that Secretlab has ever made. This is no ordinary chair and one should take a good look at it and try it, try it and believe.

In most cases this chair is actually very comfortable to sit on, especially with the proper support and also ergonomic to sit on. It is actually a treat to my back posture and i can't fault much about it. So hence the siting posture is extremely good. The OMEGA also comes in an overall much more sturdier, solid, heavier and much more improved version in many ways, it is really a good gaming chair i would say.

The OMEGA is also very aesthetically inclined. Which i personally find the looks of it actually grows on me. Both the Stealth and the Classic do fit into most of the gaming theme battle stations etc. The PU leather, the stitches, the overall build quality is a eye candy to my eyes. You can't go wrong in the aesthetic dept here.

Although it did superseded most of my expectations. However there is some cons. I really love the new head and the back pillows as they were extremely comfortable and good, but what i would like to see is the removable casing of the head pillows and allow users to wash it if it smells.

Another bad point could be, to some people the OMEGA may be a little too hot to sit. But what i did found out was that after sitting here writing this review, sitting this OMEGA for the past 5 hours, i did not sweat profusely, but yes it can be a little warmer than the older V1 that i had sat on. Which is not an issue for me, i find myself, if i'm actually tired, i tend to sit slightly forward away from the back rest and lean towards my monitor, do a little stretching and its fine for me.

Now for the pricing and availability of the OMEGA. Both the Stealth and the Classic version are priced at SGD $499. Add on to a delivery plus installation charge of $35. There are times when the company do have promotions where by there is free delivery and installation. I'm sure at this point of time, i believe that they will be at SITEX side by side with Aftershock, and anyone of you could actually try their OMEGA and V2 thrones at SITEX and see if you all would like it. Last but not least, two years of warranty.

The OMEGA also do have a direct comparisons from their competitor, the DXRacer King Series which could cost anywhere between $6XX - $7XX. And hence a very nice undercut pricing by Secretlab, the OMEGA is truly a clear cut winner in the price segment.

So is the OMEGA truly worth its $499 price tag? Definitely.

Pros
- Very sturdy
- Much more solid build
- More foam being stuffed for extra comfort
- A stiffer arm rest
- Good rock and lock mechanism
- A much better lever to recline the back rest
- Very good PU Wheels
- Aluminium legs

Cons
- Lumber cushion no longer able to adjust up or down
- May be a little too hot for some
- Pillow case unable to remove and wash

Till then, if they can do a removable pillow case, and perhaps a better cooler material to sit on, it could be the perfect gaming chair ever made.

For now i would give the OMEGA a solid 8/10.

Once again, i would like to take this opportunity to thank Secretlab again to give me the opportunity to review the OMEGA. And of cause i would like to thank all my supporters whom gave me the courage and support here. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Want to know how does it fare against DXRacer's? Secretlab will probably introduce more tiers in future.

kandinsky

Master Member
Reaction score
Nice. Those who like something that blends in, instead of standing out, will like this understated colour scheme much better. All black looks good.

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Simulated leather ? Sigh I really like racing chair but weather just too warm to sit comfortably for long. On aircon waste electricity

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Simulated leather ? Sigh I really like racing chair but weather just too warm to sit comfortably for long. On aircon waste electricity

This is the same mindset that i had before buying this chair.

The ikea chair i had, its freaking hot. But to my surprise, the v1 when i sat on it took me by surprise. It wasnt even as hot and humid with it. Which i find it surprising.

kandinsky

Master Member
Reaction score

I don't have a leather/pleather chair, mine is fabric/felt, but I just blast one Pana F407YS (KDK P40US) right next to me since SG weather really is too hot.

t258jgn

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Secretlab chairs are developed in an comfortable air-con room or hdb non-aircon room :s11:

=:p

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is the same mindset that i had before buying this chair.

The ikea chair i had, its freaking hot. But to my surprise, the v1 when i sat on it took me by surprise. It wasnt even as hot and humid with it. Which i find it surprising.

My mindset is hoot first talk later :s13:..
end up the 'talk later' is that it's impractical for my usage unless i switch on your aircon or the weather is good like today... then it's really comfortable.

When days are warm, your inner thigh will tend to sweat and the chair will be niam niam type.... =:p

Having said all this, if price is good i dont mind getting one to complement my desktop themes (white color). At most let my wife nag.... but at $500+ i cannot even pass myself. :D

Last edited:

kandinsky

Master Member
Reaction score
this kind of review is sponsored one?

not neutral lei

For any random reviewer, normally I would agree with you, but you see royfrosty's review track record here, my impression is that he's been fairly open with pros and cons, whether it's a self purchased product or products that were provided for review. So, don't think it's fair to say that.

Not all reviewers buy the product for review, mostly (tech sites and individuals alike) depend on review copies provided by the manufacturer, unless it's something they were going to buy in the first place...

IMO, nothing wrong with sponsored reviews as long as the reviewer states the level of sponsorship upfront, and has a good track record of honest reviews. Wait for the full review to be out before commenting? If the review isn't neutral, I think most of us will be able to smell any BS anyway.

muddle

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buy this type of chair need to factor in the price of aircon set also

monikernemo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okamura, Herman Miller and Ergohuman mesh chairs for the win lol.

For me is:
T4REgM2l.jpg

:(

Sent from a mere cat using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.