Xiaomi Mi Pad 2

lengwee8

Reaction score
When buying on Taobao, the only shipping option is to "Contact seller for price". "Global Consolidate and Shipping" option is grayed out.
"Taobao Global Direct Shipping" option is not listed.

Tried other sellers and it is the same.

Can anyone who purchased Mi Pad 2 successfully from Taobao advise?

Thanks.

yosemi

Reaction score
65daigou.com has 2 option

buy for me
and
ship for me

which 1 to use better?

denizeny

Reaction score
65daigou.com has 2 option

buy for me
and
ship for me

which 1 to use better?

ship for me means you do your own shopping (plus sign up etc) and send it to 65dg in China.
buy for me means they charge 8%, but you only need to give them the URL and pay.
My experience with 65dg was that my old tablet needed to RMA, and I asked them to RMA for me :D that means contacting seller, shipping there and back. For S$13.

For gapps, do you need root to install the framework? It's normally installed at custom ROM recovery level (which miui doesn't have). The global ROM comes when the product is launched globally.
Should go to http://en.miui.com to find out more on such issues.

Since buying from CN means no warranty, might as well buy other brands.
www.zol.com.cn is CN's CNET, can go read up. I bought an iFive mini3 Retina about 2 years back for $150 USD, fantastic build and value, with Google suite.

Last edited:

Bryson

Reaction score
Many reviews seems very bad with the lag and unresponsive? Saw someone selling the 16gb on carousel.. Considering..

passive49

Reaction score
wonder what will be the price for the win10 32/64GB version. next week christmas amd still no news yet.

kengbeng

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who want to install Play Store:
http://en.miui.com/thread-3998-1-1.html

dingdung

Reaction score
sOd4QOMl.jpg

Happy user of MI pad 2. Managed to install playstore after flashing to miui 7 developer rom, following the instructions n download link shown in YouTube video The casing with magnetic lock is very similar to ipad casing, with auto wake and sleep function.

Sent from Sony E6653 using GAGT

passive49

Reaction score
Last edited:

Hysterah

Banned
Reaction score
sOd4QOMl.jpg

Happy user of MI pad 2. Managed to install playstore after flashing to miui 7 developer rom, following the instructions n download link shown in YouTube video The casing with magnetic lock is very similar to ipad casing, with auto wake and sleep function.

1) can you share the youtube link for the rom and installation of playstore?

2) is it worth taking the risk of buying a parallel set w/o warranty? Worried about dead pixels and DOA

dingdung

Reaction score
1) can you share the youtube link for the rom and installation of playstore?

2) is it worth taking the risk of buying a parallel set w/o warranty? Worried about dead pixels and DOA

1) Copy and paste the following link. Once inside, click to expand the description which will show the links to download the files.

https://youtu.be/UgdsvrtFji0

2) It depends on ur luck and whether u dare to take the risk. If u dun need it urgently, maybe wait three to six months for official sales in Xiaomi Singapore.

Last edited:

BeanFarmer

Reaction score
Has there been any update on the windows 10 model? Can't see em to find any information on Google

tomb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
16gb model will be on sale on xiaomi tmall 25 Dec 10am.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.