OCBC Credit Cards Annual Fee waiver (Ridiculous)

Slideryuri

Reaction score
Today I received a charge of annual fee of $160 to OCBC CashFlo Credit Card and I requested for waiver. The OCBC CSO Officer told me that in order to enjoy the annual fee waiver, I must spend $5000 for the entire in order to enjoy the waiver.

This is ridiculous, cos it didn't communicated to the consumers during the signing of the credit cards especially on the $5000 spending requirement. Think it is really dirty of the bank to impose such a thing.

I am gonna cancel both my credit cards soon, if they don't process the waiver.

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just cancel and apply after some time, there are so many good credit cards on the market.

Today I received a charge of annual fee of $160 to OCBC CashFlo Credit Card and I requested for waiver. The OCBC CSO Officer told me that in order to enjoy the annual fee waiver, I must spend $5000 for the entire in order to enjoy the waiver.

This is ridiculous, cos it didn't communicated to the consumers during the signing of the credit cards especially on the $5000 spending requirement. Think it is really dirty of the bank to impose such a thing.

dreamyboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The annual fee is stated clearly. It's your assumption that waiver will be given.

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can cancel them. In recent times OCBC has been aggressively kicking out their customers who don't spend much, I'm not sure why. They simply refuse to give a waiver of credit card fee and ask you to cancel it instead.

chuanz

Master Member
Reaction score
Just cancel lo, no big deal need to start a thread to complain bah... Grow up? Waiver is upon bank's discretion, not a granted right.

Tip: this applies to other banks credit card too.

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ridiculous? Yes because you didn't read when signing the application form and you also didn't ask such common question.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Like others have said, it's a normal thing. Just cancel the card and move on. I cancel cards all the time. Re-apply after 6mth-1year can liao.

a1v1n_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Annual fee is standard on almost all cards. Can always call to waive doesn't mean no min. spending to hit before getting it waived. It varies.

Anyway, move on..

Sent from ME using GAGT

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have no sympathies for people who do not read and understand crucial terms, yet cry foul.
These people are ridiculous.

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$5000 per annum is about $400 a month. Not a big sum for an adult who has all sorts of bills to pay. If you are really not using the card then of course they dont waive.

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I sign up during lifetime fee waiver promotions. My OCBC Frank / Titanium lifetime fee waiver

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I sign up during lifetime fee waiver promotions. My OCBC Frank / Titanium lifetime fee waiver

But they will still make you call in to get it waived if you do not hit their minimum spend per year.

Callow Guy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

haha.. you have a typical sinkie attitude... your first credit card is it? :s13::s13:

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

aetherheal

Reaction score
How to get lifetime waiver? I have already cancelled half of my ocbc cards. Isn't it ironical? Those cards so uselsss yet ocbc insists on annual fee. Other banks have much better cards yet the annual fees are waived like no tomorrow.

iCube00

Banned
Reaction score

OMG, if i'm the bank, i also dont want customer like you.

spend so little still wanna open mouth big big LMAO... pls cancel...

good riddance...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.