Proposal Ring - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech_oasis

Reaction score
Proposal Ring

Anyone getting one soon?

So many in the market don't know which to choose. GoldHeart and Lee Hwa is my choice now.

Budget around 1k

Skywalker87

Reaction score
Diamond prices start jumping a lot beyond 0.7c I believe. I think 0.81c is slightly ex for 10.7k. Perhaps try dropping clarity and Colour to get a better price. JP quoted 12.8k for my 0.88 c. Additional 1.1k for setting, thought it was way out of budget. In the end I got a 0.9c with setting for 10k. HCA score was 1.2. Do shop around for get a better sense of the market rates, though no two diamonds are the same. All the best!

Mine sharing where did u het your quote for 0.81, 10k? And may i know whats the clarity?

RobinLaw

Reaction score
Brought my gf to JP to recce recce to find out what she like. Vince had to act as it was his first time seeing me and gave us a whole education session again. lol. Felt quite pai seh to make him do that but he understood and was nice about it. The length us guys have to do to keep it a secret...

She preferred the more squarish diamond Brellia. I would have chosen the Octagon but she wanted a square. Personally I thought the Octagon seemed abit more sparkly than the Brellia. Though at some angles, the Brellia did have bigger sparkles when viewed from the corner.

DcKsaN1.jpg

This is a 0.4 and 0.5 carat on her finger. Depending no the setting, I'm gonna select either one.
TAnpQJR.jpg

If its the 0.4ct, it'll be this setting. Vince put the 0.4ct Brellia on the setting to imagine it better. The halo makes the diamond looks very big.. almost double the size like a 0.8ct.
tYsmDw2.jpg

If its the 0.5ct, it'll be this one. She told me she is happy with both design and up to me to choose.. stress...
Personally, I'm actually leaning more towards this one. I think its more suitable for daily wearing than the other one..
VFVzslO.jpg

This is another view from the side. Even the bottom side of it has a lot of detailing.
2fYtoXj.jpg

I'm about 80% sure I'm going to choose the twist one without the halo. Now I'm wondering if I should surprise her and get a larger 0.6ct? I still have room to up my budget.. only scared if its too big, will it backfire anot?

Symbol

Reaction score
Brought my gf to JP to recce recce to find out what she like. Vince had to act as it was his first time seeing me and gave us a whole education session again. lol. Felt quite pai seh to make him do that but he understood and was nice about it. The length us guys have to do to keep it a secret...

She preferred the more squarish diamond Brellia. I would have chosen the Octagon but she wanted a square. Personally I thought the Octagon seemed abit more sparkly than the Brellia. Though at some angles, the Brellia did have bigger sparkles when viewed from the corner.

DcKsaN1.jpg

This is a 0.4 and 0.5 carat on her finger. Depending no the setting, I'm gonna select either one.
TAnpQJR.jpg

If its the 0.4ct, it'll be this setting. Vince put the 0.4ct Brellia on the setting to imagine it better. The halo makes the diamond looks very big.. almost double the size like a 0.8ct.
tYsmDw2.jpg

If its the 0.5ct, it'll be this one. She told me she is happy with both design and up to me to choose.. stress...
Personally, I'm actually leaning more towards this one. I think its more suitable for daily wearing than the other one..
VFVzslO.jpg

This is another view from the side. Even the bottom side of it has a lot of detailing.
2fYtoXj.jpg

I'm about 80% sure I'm going to choose the twist one without the halo. Now I'm wondering if I should surprise her and get a larger 0.6ct? I still have room to up my budget.. only scared if its too big, will it backfire anot?

same scenario as me... Went for the Brellia because she loves the shape of the diamond then when I saw the Octagon, I fell in love with that hahahha! But oh well in the end what matters most is that she likes it.

I like the first design with the halo! hmmm the 0.4ct sure looks good on her finger... But.. I think a 0.6ct will look even nicer hahah! Anw! that might be the max size you wanna go for. I think anything which is bigger than 0.6ct might be alittle too much. :s13:

RobinLaw

Reaction score
same scenario as me... Went for the Brellia because she loves the shape of the diamond then when I saw the Octagon, I fell in love with that hahahha! But oh well in the end what matters most is that she likes it.

I like the first design with the halo! hmmm the 0.4ct sure looks good on her finger... But.. I think a 0.6ct will look even nicer hahah! Anw! that might be the max size you wanna go for. I think anything which is bigger than 0.6ct might be alittle too much. :s13:

Vince suggested if she's going to wear her wb on the same finger with her diamond diamond, the non-halo one will be better unless she wants her whole finger to be super bling. lol

I'm on the fence on the 0.5 or 0.6ct... I know she likes the 0.5ct for sure and she said it looks good on her hands... Really dont know if I should up it or not.. Vince advised me not all girl have the "bigger the better" mentality. If its for daily use, a comfortable size is better.. He told me to save my money. lol.

KingKenny

Reaction score
Vince suggested if she's going to wear her wb on the same finger with her diamond diamond, the non-halo one will be better unless she wants her whole finger to be super bling. lol

I'm on the fence on the 0.5 or 0.6ct... I know she likes the 0.5ct for sure and she said it looks good on her hands... Really dont know if I should up it or not.. Vince advised me not all girl have the "bigger the better" mentality. If its for daily use, a comfortable size is better.. He told me to save my money. lol.

I got the Brellia too. 0.62 D VVS2. My ring design is plain.. not as detailed as yours :) IMO, 0.5ct is ok. My gf hands are abit bigger than average, so need a bigger rock. Your gf finger seems quite small.. it will make the diamond look bigger :s13:

XtReMist27

Reaction score
Hey bros, new here.. Need some help! My friend told me there's alot of things to read here but why I don't see anything.. Donno how to navigate...

I was thinking to read up alittle more before starting my diamond hunting. haha :s13:

Symbol

Reaction score

Symbol

Reaction score

Hmmmm... true that~ But from the pictures you took, I still prefer the one with the Halo. But yea like what he said, might be too blingbling for her. haha
tYsmDw2.jpg

If she says she likes the size for 0.5ct then go for that instead. You can always save your money to some other things like for the proposal itself. You don't always need to max out your budget ma. lol~

sunshinemou

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Congrats bro!

Hey bros, new here.. Need some help! My friend told me there's alot of things to read here but why I don't see anything.. Donno how to navigate...

I was thinking to read up alittle more before starting my diamond hunting. haha :s13:

DanMWM

Reaction score
Anyone getting one soon?

So many in the market don't know which to choose. GoldHeart and Lee Hwa is my choice now.

Budget around 1k

why dont save up more man?
1K budget don't think can get good ones though.
maybe those on promotion or want to clear off.

or you intend to just get one to propose first and upgrade in the future?

sugaricing83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Although i love halo designs, but this time i prefer the non halo one. The halo plus the twisted side diamonds are too complicated, which although impressive, looks a bit "oldish".The twisted side diamonds plus the main diamond looks nice enough already.

DcKsaN1.jpg

TAnpQJR.jpg

tYsmDw2.jpg

VFVzslO.jpg

2fYtoXj.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.