*OFFICIAL* Standard Chartered Bank Online Equities Trading

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused by the tons of trading available. But it seems like SCB is the lowest in terms of commission and rate right? i'm still in NS, so if i got a few k to dump in to nikko STI i should go SCB right?

I wanna let it grow enough to cushion some of my tuition fee in 4 years times after i graduate.

Yes, but you need to prove to the bank that you have some market experience or finance knowledge before opening an SCB trading acct, and you need to be at least 21...if can't meet the 2 requirements, can try the POSB InvestSaver or Maybank-KE monthly investment plan.

Last edited:

joshuatangua

Reaction score
Question

So if i dont have any financial knowledge or experience or whatsoever. i cant open a SCB trading acc? how to then solve this issue?

P.S: im planning to begin to start investing.

01asdf

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So if i dont have any financial knowledge or experience or whatsoever. i cant open a SCB trading acc? how to then solve this issue?

P.S: im planning to begin to start investing.

They don't test you or anything lol. Just answer yes when they ask if you have traded before.

LesterQ

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Application for newbies!

Straightforward method:
Apply for eSavers account with monthly $1,000 min balance.
Apply for online equities account (and open all market and currency!)

Bypass min balance method: best done at Plaza Singapura branch
Apply for eSavers account
Apply for Dash Easy account
Apply for online equities account
Once all up and running, close eSavers account with no penalty within 6 mths

Bypass eSavers method: can only be done at Plaza Singapura branch
Apply for Dash Easy account
Apply for online equities account online with your iBanking credentials
Note: may have screw ups and take up to one month to activate your account.
I snail mail the form to scb. Will I be charge the fall below fee? Because I intend to xfer out today and snail mail today.

:p

Sent from INO 3 using GAGT

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I try to modify and cancel my orders but after hitting confirm, log out and log into the online trading, the order are still there unchanged. usually got sms send when order are cancel. received nothing

does this happened often?does this mean my orders are stuck in the queue?

Last edited:

ILoveTomato

Reaction score
I try to modify and cancel my orders but after hitting confirm, log out and log into the online trading, the order are still there unchanged. usually got sms send when order are cancel. received nothing

does this happened offen?

i called the trading hotline a moment ago. they are currently having technical issue :(

i also tried to modify my order and it didnt got updated

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

does this happened often?does this mean my orders are stuck in the queue?

i called the trading hotline a moment ago. they are currently having technical issue :(

i also tried to modify my order and it didnt got updated

wah... this is serious siah... I never had this issue before, not even today.
I placed order to sell UG this morning and adjusted the price, reflected immediately... :s22:

bencheongcm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah... this is serious siah... I never had this issue before, not even today.
I placed order to sell UG this morning and adjusted the price, reflected immediately... :s22:

same. If you submit the order, best to take a look at the order list. If Q-ing to sell/buy teyt will say acknowledged if not when you do market order is usually confirmed straight.

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
same. If you submit the order, best to take a look at the order list. If Q-ing to sell/buy teyt will say acknowledged if not when you do market order is usually confirmed straight.

it did appear in acknowledge, but any modification/cancel has no effect.

orders expired, some orders got through....but i told them to cancel order. Since i bought on another platform

the orders $ still stuck inside ( not in purchasing power). call up SCB said tml morning will reflect back.

really a hit to my (already low) confidence in scb . $ stuck inside, you see the market movement n suck thumb.....

Last edited:

Mancunian2

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I keyed in some orders that was not filled today(yesterday)

Now I can't key in the same orders
The system rejects as "insufficient stock holdings"
These are stop loss orders, I need to key them in before I go to bed

wtf, another letdown

royalshadow

Reaction score
Can someone shed some lights here? I posted this question on other threads but I guess it will be more proper to ask here.

If let's say I buy ABC stock today using SCB, can I sell it within the day itself? Or do I need to wait for 3 days for the shares to be credited to my account before I can do so?

Mancunian2

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can someone shed some lights here? I posted this question on other threads but I guess it will be more proper to ask here.

If let's say I buy ABC stock today using SCB, can I sell it within the day itself? Or do I need to wait for 3 days for the shares to be credited to my account before I can do so?

don't know about same day, but i have bought and sold the following day. No problem there

garytj89

Reaction score

Can sell.......

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to cancel order, still have to wait, currently the shares are in my holdings.....Zzzzz

not going to buy anything with SCB until this is settled

Average

Banned
Reaction score

Can sell anytime after a buy is filled.

Sent from your gal nex door using GAGT

lalalalalala

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, appreciate all the helpful pointers raised in this thread.

But I have a qn: can we transfer from one SCB to another SCB (another beneficiary)? Is this considered a gift?

I read somewhere in the old threads that gifts will be charged similar to transferring out from SCB?
Scb to scb $10 per counter, think got number of share limit also. That time I ask, forget liao

Sent from OnePlus A0001 using GAGT

Mancunian2

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone experienced SCB reflect your portfolio wrongly?

I have transactions reflected in there that I did not do

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.