[Project Throne] Gaming chairs, know what you're getting and what you are actually paying for

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Alright, 80% completed as of 28/1/16 1AM. And i have to stop here as it is getting late and eating my sleep time.

Added
- Pictures for more illustrations
- Pictures for tilting mechanism, arm rest, feet rest, base legs.
- Guest thoughts and comments
- Description of the chairs

More to come for part 1
- Features chart
- Trying to get hold of the V2
- Own thoughts and conclusion for PART 1

Part 2
- Dissecting chairs
- The materials found on all chairs
- Breathable materials
- Final thoughts and conclusion for PART 2

Magickiller9

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the review. I've been getting very serious backpack. Been looking for a new chair. Maybe u can even add in the one under mass order :p. Although it's not a gaming chair but seems popular too

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the review. I've been getting very serious backpack. Been looking for a new chair. Maybe u can even add in the one under mass order :p. Although it's not a gaming chair but seems popular too

what kind of backpack do you have

garfield82

Master Member
Reaction score
nice to see some sort of gaming chair reviews.
To most it will be a waste* of money... but to certain small pool of ppl, it will be great information for their extra money well spend.

lcheowl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Regarding the sweat/heat buildup, I own the omega and its not that bad actually as long as you have a fan beside you. :) Not sure if it makes a difference though, but I have quite a small frame body. Maybe roy can test with different profile of people to try find out if it makes a difference?

Turn on the air con, i used to cover my myself with a thin blanket on top while watching TV on my Omega.

I'm also small frame and i can even sit cross legged.

Really love the chair and give a thumb up for secretlab.

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
best advice would be for anyone to go try out the chairs for yourself, everyone is built differently, and everyone has their own preference. some like soft and cushy, some like the headrest to be a certain angle, one man's meat is another man's poison. what I would say is undeniable is the build quality of Secretlab.

th3pr0

Reaction score
i own a dxracer.. i doubt both the secret lab and dxracer will really be that hot as long as you dont expose the leather to your skin directly

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Choice of chairs are always personal preference. It is a large pool of different customers that has different needs. There is no way to satisfy everyone.

However, a bad chair out of the box can be a disaster. Not only if people whom do not know that those Qoo10 sellers are selling imitation chairs and thought that it will provide like what Secretlab or DXRacer has to offer. They are better buying an ikea office chair than the ones sold on Qoo10.

It took me by surprise as the imitation chairs does not even have safety features. Which is totally dangerous to sit on and it is not worth the price even it is at $99, $120 or more.

koicafex

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
k too tall for me
*cries*
every single chair out there the headrest for me is maciam a piece of useless **** lol

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As a chair noob, one thing I see is that Omega's workmanship looks like no horse run compared to DXRacer.

Looking forward to part 2 :D

FlushX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi 5! I also kip telling roy i too short. All the headrest become an obstructing ting at my head.

k too tall for me
*cries*
every single chair out there the headrest for me is maciam a piece of useless **** lol

Mind me asking what's your height?

Cushions are very subjective, although my height is just nice for the neck cushion, I don't use it because i find it uncomfortable.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.