LG G5

gws898

Reaction score
giphy.gif

falcom2002

Reaction score
It must be something LG feels that the G5 is most capable because
of its SD820 where speed is vital when you are playing games.

The release date could be 21st Feb 2016. (Mobile World Congress)
It also has either a smaller screen of 5.3" to 5.6" to cater to those
who find 5.7" too big.

Also it should have at least 4GB Ram else Samsung S7 and the
S7 Edge will have a much better advantage. If G5 remains to be
the same as G4 having only 3GB Ram then, all the rest of the
gang waiting for the next upgrade will be very disappointed. :D

Rainbow1112

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We might be able to purchase G5 in March? G4 was launch on April 2015, available for purchase on may 2015.

chiaRH

Reaction score
It must be something LG feels that the G5 is most capable because
of its SD820 where speed is vital when you are playing games.

The release date could be 21st Feb 2016. (Mobile World Congress)
It also has either a smaller screen of 5.3" to 5.6" to cater to those
who find 5.7" too big.

Also it should have at least 4GB Ram else Samsung S7 and the
S7 Edge will have a much better advantage. If G5 remains to be
the same as G4 having only 3GB Ram then, all the rest of the
gang waiting for the next upgrade will be very disappointed. :D

current leaks seem to contradict the earlier rumours of the 5.3 inch screen, looks like its going to stay on 5.5.

im a bit disappointed because 5 inch is more comfortable to me, but unlike sony and samsung, LG doesnt believe in a sub-5" flagship

deckcard

Master Member
Reaction score
I heard its release in Q2 instead of Q1.

All these upgrades are getting smaller and smaller so really dont see the point to pay premium price unless you game alot on phone and absolutely need the fastest and greatest out there. Battery life is still pathetic and wont last you more than 4 hours SOT especially if you game.

falcom2002

Reaction score
Yea but are they removing the removable batteries?

If they are......

haha, it seems they had been deceived and being led by the
horns to the slaughter house.....

Sometimes following the crowd isn't always successful! :D

falcom2002

Reaction score
I heard its release in Q2 instead of Q1.

All these upgrades are getting smaller and smaller so really dont see the point to pay premium price unless you game alot on phone and absolutely need the fastest and greatest out there. Battery life is still pathetic and wont last you more than 4 hours SOT especially if you game.

Even if G5 incorporate quick charging or wireless charging,
that 4 hours SOT don't seem to be attractive at all to
seasoned and experienced consumers.

What are your thoughts? :)

falcom2002

Reaction score
current leaks seem to contradict the earlier rumours of the 5.3 inch screen, looks like its going to stay on 5.5.

im a bit disappointed because 5 inch is more comfortable to me, but unlike sony and samsung, LG doesnt believe in a sub-5" flagship

Well, Apple has been stubborn all these years with their smaller
size devices until they realize the truth.........

That the human being can easily adapted to the change in
that couple of small increase (less than half an inch).
The human hand is so flexible that it can easily adapt to
the slight increase in size.

Apple realize that it is the mind that stopped people from
wanting to use the bigger screen even when the advantages
are obvious.

Change is pain, but after that isn't the truth is getting rid
of your weakness? :D

deckcard

Master Member
Reaction score
Looking at the current G3, G4 battery life, I'd be surprised if G5 can achieved 4hr SOT. I suspect it can only do 3 - 3.5hr SOT because of the large screen and high resolution. Unless the 820 is really so efficient but it still depends alot on the screen. Quick charge is already supported on G4 with Qualcomm 2.0, I dont know if G5 support the QC3.0 or not. And I do hope LG supply the QC charger instead of the regular one like they do on G4. I feel they are missing these small things that pisses people off with the G4 without even having wireless charging on stock casing like the G3. Moving backwards??

Last edited:

chiaRH

Reaction score
Well, Apple has been stubborn all these years with their smaller
size devices until they realize the truth.........

That the human being can easily adapted to the change in
that couple of small increase (less than half an inch).
The human hand is so flexible that it can easily adapt to
the slight increase in size.

Apple realize that it is the mind that stopped people from
wanting to use the bigger screen even when the advantages
are obvious.

Change is pain, but after that isn't the truth is getting rid
of your weakness? :D

Apple realised the 'truth' and they made a bigger iphone. But did they get rid of the smaller iphone? Did they conclude that nobody wants a 4.7 inch iphone anymore and stop making iphone 6 and 6s?

What is the real truth:
A: nobody wants a smaller phone anymore

or

B: you cant have a 1-size fits all mentality in this market anymore. hence Z5/Z5 compact, Galaxy S/ Galaxy Note, nexus 5x/nexus 6p etc

I bought the LG G4 not because i love big screen (the real reason is the camera). In fact I hate it when im on the MRT or bus and have to use the phone one-handed and my thumb cant reach the farther side of the keyboard to do texting.

If LG had a 5 inch version of the G4, i would never have gotten the 5.5 inch G4. And seeing the 5.5 inch G5 rumours is making me reconsider if the G5 will ever be my next device.

Honestly it's so big that the very first case i bought for it, a Spigen Neo Hybrid, made the device footprint so much larger that despite the case costing more than 30 bucks, i never used it after 1st week.

You want the biggest proof that there still exist people who prefer smaller phones, look at 2014 when the Nexus 6 came out and the number of people saying it's too big until in 2015 Google had to relent and ask LG to make a smaller nexus

Even if G5 incorporate quick charging or wireless charging,
that 4 hours SOT don't seem to be attractive at all to
seasoned and experienced consumers.

What are your thoughts? :)

Saying that quick charging is an acceptable excuse for a small battery is like saying its ok to have a car with a tiny fuel tank if the petrol station has a pump that can pump the petrol really fast so you can top up quickly.

Last edited:

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
there's still demand for small phones. like u said, why apple keep the 4-inch iPhone 5s as an option? and probably update it with a new 4-inch model?

sometimes when i use back my 5-inch nexus 5, i love the one-handed usage, but big screen & big battery won me over.

having said that, excited to see wat the G5 has to offer. rumors of the expansion slot. very interesting

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Interesting ! Is it going to be bundled with bootloop v 2.0?

Yeah! Better wait at least 6 months to check whether LG upgraded the bootloop to ver 2.0. I will be skipping this phone and shall wait for the G6 with bootloop ver 3.0 instead!

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.