LG G5

falcom2002

Reaction score
LG should take note of consumers' preferences if they have not done so

Solving problems for leading innovative ideas
require join communication with consumers
else all such campaign would be dubbed
by consumers "the good is not good enough".

But has Asus done their homework well
enough before going ahead with their ideas?

Likewise the G4 with the dispute of the leather
isn't very successful.

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
G4 will be my first and last LG phone.. Never again.. Really Lousy Goods! I do not trust their products anymore.. If I have deep pockets like some people here, I would change to a Samsung Galaxy S7 or Nexus 6p immediately!

a9500494a

Reaction score
LG is confident enough and may be the winner over its
rival s7 for reasons that are known by its consumers worldwide.

They certainly are producing innovative ideas in the V10
and the G4 after learning from the mistakes made in the G3.

What the high end consumer wants is replacement of
battery and ability to continue to use the phone either
as a still camera or as a video camera or both at the same
time with two devices to shoot for the whole day
without having to lurk around a couple of silly
bulky powerbanks.

The future is near when photographers will use the
phone camera more than the bulky and heavy DSLR.

Future phone camera will even have interchangeable
lenses though you can have super-wide angle or
fish-eye attachment at the moment.

Get the exciting news about the trust G5 has even
before it is being released.

Cast your vote.
http://www.androidauthority.com/sams...-about-668224/

How much LG is paying you or youre their employee? How pleasing to see customer and your service rep arguing over the counter. I agree their product feature wise is pretty good, that if you never had issue with the phone.

The product is only as good as the customer service it provide.

a9500494a

Reaction score
Motorola's already did the always on display (kind of) on their Moto X, theirs will flash on when it senses you are about to look at the screen (eg when the phone is being taken out of pocket)

Some people felt that the older moto X looked better with the active display because the newer moto X used LCD so 'blacks not as deep' etc etc

I'd rather have a more power efficient display. LG's decision to use QHD really eats into the battery life which is one thing i observe when i use the camera a lot (because I force max brightness when doing photo taking)

LG still refused to use amoled in their main display. Only V10 tiny secondary display had that. I rather the S7 even though the battery is non removable. S7 should have dual sim with the 2nd sim slot microSD compatible this time round.

falcom2002

Reaction score
Tact is the Key

Communicating with Tact and Diplomacy can bring fun,
joy and harmony and perhaps the resulting change that
is required for every innovative ideas or functionality of
future products. All we need is to cooperate and collaborate
with the team, unless otherwise.

1. Most of us don't know what to say and how to say it in
any situation that show their confidence.

2. Communicate can arouse positive or negative emotions.
If we communicate aggressively, without respect or
sensitivity, our message cannot go through.
Also when we are so defensive or showing angry emotions.

3. Often it is better to give fellow brothers here the benefit
of the doubt. We can easily guess that the person who made
that outrageous unrealistic generalization isn’t really
insensitive.

It could be this person has had such a painful experience
with the product that made him overreact in such a way.

4. Use the cushioning technique rather than the
rude confrontational type with your own personal or
different opinion on any issues that are being discussed.
However the choice is still yours because you are covered
with a mask.

5. Nobody is perfect, we often make mistakes so that we
can learn to be better day by day even in a communication
and mobile phone discussion forum like this one. :D:s8:

a9500494a

Reaction score
Looking at the current G3, G4 battery life, I'd be surprised if G5 can achieved 4hr SOT. I suspect it can only do 3 - 3.5hr SOT because of the large screen and high resolution. Unless the 820 is really so efficient but it still depends alot on the screen. Quick charge is already supported on G4 with Qualcomm 2.0, I dont know if G5 support the QC3.0 or not. And I do hope LG supply the QC charger instead of the regular one like they do on G4. I feel they are missing these small things that pisses people off with the G4 without even having wireless charging on stock casing like the G3. Moving backwards??

The battery is only as good as its display. So long its not amoled screen which is energy efficient. Bigger battery only bring about unnecessary weight.

a9500494a

Reaction score
Yeah! Better wait at least 6 months to check whether LG upgraded the bootloop to ver 2.0. I will be skipping this phone and shall wait for the G6 with bootloop ver 3.0 instead!

No thanks to bootloop upgrade. Lol.

Toby88

Reaction score
The way I see it.

- Users affected by the G4's bootloop issue would definitely be very very sceptical over LG new offerings for phones.

- 'Always On' notifications mean bigger battery drain I think.

-Probably it will be wise to wait around 6 months after launch..since we never know if we will be getting a 'ticking time bomb'.

-Dual sim is already possible. How about dual microsd?

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LG still refused to use amoled in their main display. Only V10 tiny secondary display had that. I rather the S7 even though the battery is non removable. S7 should have dual sim with the 2nd sim slot microSD compatible this time round.
I think the main reason is that LG itself produces IPS LCD screen under its subsidiary, LG Display.
By sourcing from themselves, they saved some $$$ by not relying on other displaying manufacturer and they can show the latest IPS LCD tech they have.

Sent from my Rice phone using GAGT

a9500494a

Reaction score
I think the main reason is that LG itself produces IPS LCD screen under its subsidiary, LG Display.
By sourcing from themselves, they saved some $$$ by not relying on other displaying manufacturer and they can show the latest IPS LCD tech they have.

Regardless how great the LCD, the future is amoled screen. LCD only advantage is only realistic colors and nothing else.

falcom2002

Reaction score
Regardless how great the LCD, the future is amoled screen. LCD only advantage is only realistic colors and nothing else.

The question is, how many would like to see natural
colours instead of unnatural vibrant colours that are
too saturated as in the Galaxy S5?

LCDs always-on information on the display with very
low power draw has the better advantage.

It's not really an advantage for AMOLED with its
saturated colours. So to conclude that it is better
than LCD is misleading.

"AMOLED makes images pop out" is not always the
consumers' preference for realistic natural colours.
Many consumers would agree that they prefer LCD
screens with its new IPS technology though.

One thing for sure is that there is no need to use
design app for power consumption.

Moreover every consumers' values are different in
areas of consistency, budget, realism and even things
like "lack of burn-in". :)=:p

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No thanks to bootloop upgrade. Lol.

Indeed. LG reputation is already gone! G4 users affected by the bootloop issue will never touch their so-called latest and greatest phone ever again! It will takes a lot of efforts and a long time before they could redeem themselves as an inferior quality manufacturer as compared to Samsung! Nobody is going to pay premium price for non premium quality phone.. Good riddance!

a9500494a

Reaction score
The question is, how many would like to see natural
colours instead of unnatural vibrant colours that are
too saturated as in the Galaxy S5?

LCDs always-on information on the display with very
low power draw has the better advantage.

It's not really an advantage for AMOLED with its
saturated colours. So to conclude that it is better
than LCD is misleading.

"AMOLED makes images pop out" is not always the
consumers' preference for realistic natural colours.
Many consumers would agree that they prefer LCD
screens with its new IPS technology though.

One thing for sure is that there is no need to use
design app for power consumption.

Moreover every consumers' values are different in
areas of consistency, budget, realism and even things
like "lack of burn-in". :)=:p

The main benefit for amoled is energy efficient. Not to mentioned deep blacks although there is a blue tint under certain angle. Battery had not advanced with the other components, thus efficiency would meant longer usage before charging or battery changing.

I think there is screen calibration to reduce saturation for that matter. Good thing there are other phone manufacturers that also use amoled instead of only Samsung which used to dominate in display tech. Moto, BB and Huawei already had theirs.

Its a joke LG can only afford a thinny tiny second screen thats amoled. Why they even make oled TVs? No matter how energy efficient, the always on feature will drain battery no matter.

shager

Master Member
Reaction score

Whatever it is LCD or amoled, I think these are not deal breakers. Personally I like amoled more than LCD but this alone has never stopped me from getting an LCD phone like the G4, V10 or even the G Pro2.

Ultimately it's features like removable battery, expandable storage, a great camera and UI that determines my choice.

a9500494a

Reaction score

How about oled then? Those on their premium TVs not produced by themselves?
If thats the case, they are still way behind Samsung.

They can do an QHD oled phone right?

a9500494a

Reaction score
Whatever it is LCD or amoled, I think these are not deal breakers. Personally I like amoled more than LCD but this alone has never stopped me from getting an LCD phone like the G4, V10 or even the G Pro2.

Ultimately it's features like removable battery, expandable storage, a great camera and UI that determines my choice.

Aftersales service is very often overlooked as one might not think their phone may break someday within the warranty window. What if customer service is like sluggish, never update customer, exorbitant price for parts, readiness to void warranty if possible, etc?

chiaRH

Reaction score
My 2 cents, Despite suffering the bootloop issue im not instantly boycotting G5. At the moment im still in the middle of a samsung boycott cos i really dont want a glass phone with no microSD and there are very few brands left on market.

The bootloop issue was highly isolated so i can still believe LG didn't suddenly turn all their whole device portfolio into potential would-be bricks like 64bit iphones with 1970 date

My main hesitation on G5 is cos it looks to be 5.5" again and after 1 year of G4 i kinda wannt to go back to 5 inch. Also magic slot and always on screen are gimmicks to me so its not must have

Toby's comment on waiting i think is wise, not necessarily due to bootloops cos that is a touch wood case that can strike any device, but i find that LG devices drop price faster over time versus other brands

Last edited:

falcom2002

Reaction score
Valuable Feedbacks for next generation of flagships

Aftersales service is very often overlooked as one might not think their phone may break someday within the warranty window. What if customer service is like sluggish, never update customer, exorbitant price for parts, readiness to void warranty if possible, etc?
My 2 cents, Despite suffering the bootloop issue im not instantly boycotting G5. At the moment im still in the middle of a samsung boycott cos i really dont want a glass phone with no microSD and there are very few brands left on market.

The bootloop issue was highly isolated so i can still believe LG didn't suddenly turn all their whole device portfolio into potential would-be bricks like 64bit iphones with 1970 date

My main hesitation on G5 is cos it looks to be 5.5" again and after 1 year of G4 i kinda wannt to go back to 5 inch. Also magic slot and always on screen are gimmicks to me so its not must have

Toby's comment on waiting i think is wise, not necessarily due to bootloops cos that is a touch wood case that can strike any device, but i find that LG devices drop price faster over time versus other brands

These are valuable feedbacks for LG next move to produce
what the customers want and not to go into too much of
dream land of innovative ideas that won't be popular in the
long run.

As a matter of fact, those who are using Pro 2 are finding
the screen size very suitable and will not be so keen to have
the v10 and the smaller G5.

We are looking for bigger screen, more Ram, faster
processor and improvement on the UI will be wonderful.

Finger sensor and whatever will increases the cost of
production and consumers have to pay a higher price.

For sure, LG must retain the removable battery because it is
the winning combination for high-end users who usually
have two or more spare batteries when the phone is needed
to be used as a camera or for doing videos.

For those with such purpose the LCD screen is a must for its
realistic colours. Hopefully it will also have the f/1.8 or maybe
the f/1.4 lens for its manual camera.

Last edited:

chiaRH

Reaction score
For those with such purpose the LCD screen is a must for its
realistic colours. Hopefully it will also have the f/1.8 or maybe
the f/1.4 lens for its manual camera.

Unless youre a professional who uses his phone to do serious photo/video editing, the 'downside' of realistic colours is trivial.

What people value more is brightness under daylight, its one of the Asus zenfone recurring weaknesses and reviewers constantly point it out.

imo, the f/1.8 aperture is already good enough. If you've really used the G4's camera before manually, you'll know that it's not the aperture that critically needs improvement, but rather...

- the OIS, which has too strong a wobbly jello effect when video recoding.

- the metering, which seems to be stuck at spot or centre-weighted (not sure which but im certain you cant change it)

- the noise reduction under lower ISOs, which is so strong it gives a watercolour effect when shooting indoors.

- the abnormally high amount of RGB noise when shooting auto at low light, which they try to sidestep by making the camera app force HDR when it's too dark, even when you disable HDR

- the camera driver which is somewhat proprietary (try downloading any 3rd party camera app and see if you can change the WB whether anything happens)

But i guess if you think the G4's bokeh capabilities not power enough and still want to squeeze out more DOF in the upcoming G5 then f/1.whatever becomes a big deal........

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.