Where to tailor clothes =D - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Can anyone here share the pricing at inpersonam? Thanks!
I know that TAC is currently having a suit promotion. Suits can be commissioned at 1.2k with a shirt thrown in. Huge range of fabrics to choose from.
Would appreciate if anyone can share prices for their vbc and linen suits and wool pants and chinos.
Thank you.

Last edited:

likehotbutter

Master Member
Reaction score
If manipulation of a block pattern to the point where it is the same as a pattern drafted freehand, would you consider it to be bespoke? Assuming that there will be a paper pattern for both methods.

It would still be mtm

Even though differences in fit may be negligible for all practical purpose.

However the differences would be more apparent on unusual body types

arcfire

Master Member
Reaction score
Can anyone here share the pricing at inpersonam? Thanks!
I know that TAC is currently having a suit promotion. Suits can be commissioned at 1.2k with a shirt thrown in. Huge range of fabrics to choose from.
Would appreciate if anyone can share prices for their vbc and linen suits and wool pants and chinos.
Thank you.

Why not just pm RD?

iamneverenough

Reaction score
@arcfire, how about making a list of CMT tailors?

does cmt stands for customed made tailor? If so isn't all tailor all customed made or am I wrong?

Anyway I'm v new to tailoring and stuffs and would like to seek the laojiaos advice regarding shirt and pants tailoring for a first timer like me with restricted budget.
Where will y'all recommend me to get my first tailoring service done? Starting work soon, so new tailor made shirt and pants.

Thanks!

lordjinfu

Reaction score
does cmt stands for customed made tailor? If so isn't all tailor all customed made or am I wrong?

Anyway I'm v new to tailoring and stuffs and would like to seek the laojiaos advice regarding shirt and pants tailoring for a first timer like me with restricted budget.
Where will y'all recommend me to get my first tailoring service done? Starting work soon, so new tailor made shirt and pants.

Thanks!

CMT is for those who like to bring/use their own fabrics.

Restricted budget is how restricted?

The price range for the tailors commonly recommended here can be found in part 1/2.

koburn

Reaction score

Thanks!

Cut-Make Trim

arcfire

Master Member
Reaction score

Thanks!

Read Page 1 under "Budget Tailor". The list is not meant for show you know....

koburn

Reaction score
CUKTENE.jpg

Anyway, picture of my DB 6x4 suit made up with Lusso. Sorry for the shitty picture quality though.

I honestly have never imagined that wearing DBs can be so comfortable. To use a cliche, it really felt like a second skin.

arcfire

Master Member
Reaction score
CUKTENE.jpg

Anyway, picture of my DB 6x4 suit made up with Lusso. Sorry for the shitty picture quality though.

I honestly have never imagined that wearing DBs can be so comfortable. To use a cliche, it really felt like a second skin.

Beautiful piece.

Passerby1980

Reaction score

I was of the impression that the jackets are bespoke. Can you share more? Looks like a clean piece.

iamneverenough

Reaction score
Read Page 1 under "Budget Tailor". The list is not meant for show you know....

i've actually seen the list before i posted but i was hoping there will be some guys who have actually patronised the store and give me recommendation based on their experiences.

budget wise i would say $100-120 a set? a set as in shirt and pants.

likehotbutter

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi anyone tried Herstlet and Leong T?

I know Ramon back when he started his journey into menswear at Clothesmith.

Havnt tried Herslet however so no experience with their construction or techniques but with my pass experience with him, he has a pretty good eye for dimensions. Just personally not into too flashy stuff.

i've actually seen the list before i posted but i was hoping there will be some guys who have actually patronised the store and give me recommendation based on their experiences.

If we dont have experience with those stores, how could we even rate, recommend and put them on the list in the first place? :s13::s13::s13:

Be more specific, identify 1 or 2 stores that you find attractive (location etc)instead of throwing the whole lot back at us to regurgitate.

budget wise i would say $100-120 a set? a set as in shirt and pants.

100 quite impossible. Think 120-130 at least

Lai En or Kimdo. But you'll be dredging the bottom of the barrel with regards to their offerings so please be aware and curb expectations.

If making 3 sets+ can try Este Bartin.

Up budget abit more can try Lusso

arcfire

Master Member
Reaction score
If we dont have experience with those stores, how could we even rate, recommend and put them on the list in the first place? :s13::s13::s13:

Be more specific, identify 1 or 2 stores that you find attractive (location etc)instead of throwing the whole lot back at us to regurgitate.

You took the words right out of my keyboard. :s13:

Passerby1980

Reaction score
Def not bespoke but still of a very fine quality.

They do have fully canvassed options

Bespoke is definitely a very bold statement. Given the earlier discussions, I guess it can be pretty misused. Have you tried their suits and jackets or had experience to comment?

arcfire

Master Member
Reaction score
Bespoke is definitely a very bold statement. Given the earlier discussions, I guess it can be pretty misused. Have you tried their suits and jackets or had experience to comment?

The term "bespoke" has been so overused in marketing talk that it no longer bears the same meaning as what we perceive it to be. Take everything with a bowl of salt.

What matters most is that the jacket/suit fits, regardless of whether it is bespoke or mtm.

I've not tried their jackets before but from the photos so far, I think they've done a pretty good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.