HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Complete Guide] Pandora Internet Radio (Root only)

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2011, 12:04 PM   #1

[Complete Guide] Pandora Internet Radio (Root only)

"Pandora radio is a personalized radio service that streams music on your phone. Pandora Radio is your own FREE personalized radio now available to stream music on your phone. Start with the name of one of your favorite artists, songs or classical composers and Pandora will create a "station" that plays their music and more music like it. Already a Pandora User? Just log in to enjoy your stations."

Hi guys, I thought I'd contribute by writing up a guide as I tried to get this awesome radio app, searching around for methods and stuffs. At the same time, to promote this nice radio app that is very good for discovering new songs/artists. It has a unique algorithm that will match genre very similar to the artist "station" you entered.

Before everything else, ROOT is definitely required. Please explore around to get your phone rooted first before coming back to this thread.

1st, Market Enabler

This radio app is only available in the U.S android market(which is why rooted phone is needed).

1) Download and install market enabler
2) Open it and go to settings list
3) Then change it to any [US] provider by "fake this provider now"
4) Now you can open your android market, everything will look the same, except now you can search for "Pandora Radio" to download and install it.

Next, VPN connections

Once you've downloaded and installed Pandora, we need to get your VPN connection working. (Not good with explaining what a VPN is, but you just need it else the Pandora app will stuck at loading page.)

1) Download and install the free VPN Connections 0.99
2) Make sure WIFI is OFF first. Open VPN Connections > Add Another Network (Allow SuperUser Permission). Now you will see some fields to key in.
3) Go to http://hotspotshield.com/clientless/...et_started.php
4) Click on "Get Account ID" and you can see the following details which you can fill into your VPN settings:

Select the IPSec tab/pane
Description: HotspotShield -----> Connection Name
Server: 68.68.107.101 -----> Fill this into IPSec Gateway Address
Account: xxxxxx -----> Fill this into username
Password: xxxxxx -----> Fill this into Password
Use Certificate: OFF
Group Name: hss -----> Fill this into IPSec ID
Secret: hss -----> Fill this into IPSec Secret

You should have the following, with the Username and Password uniquely generated for YOUR OWN use:

ADD IT.

5) Enable the VPN. Long press on the "HotSpotShield" that you added, and connect it.
6) Once it shows connected, now you're good to go with Pandora Radio app! (May take awhile to connect or load up in Pandora, patience!)

LET'S ROCK WITH AWESOME MUSIC!

Note:

- I'm still not sure if it works with all device. It worked on my Nexus S and I think it will work on most devices.. I'll try to help with other devices that do not work with this method as much as I can..

- EVERYTIME you wanna use Pandora, you have to connect to HotSpotShield.

- VPN connection MAY get disconnected once in awhile.. (say, 30 mins to 1 hr), it's perfectly normal. Just get it connected back and you can listen to nice musics again.

- Seldom write guides so please be gentle on me!

Last edited by JJJ010101; 21-03-2011 at 12:51 PM..
JJJ010101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.