HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] The next Nexus phone with Android Ice Cream Sandwich (Discussion and speculation)

Like Tree1Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-05-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
Arch-Supremacy Member

[Official] The next Nexus phone-Google Nexus 12(Discussion and speculation)

Google Nexus 12 Release in 2014: What to Expect - International Business Times

Google has been pairing up with different tech manufacturers for its Nexus line. Asus has been the favorite as the company produced both the first and second generation Nexus 7. Whereas the two Nexus 7 devices became instant hits, it seems Google wants to explore the tablet market more. According to recent reports, the internet search giant plans on releasing a larger Nexus tablet, the Nexus 12. What should people expect?

Google is not the first company to look into bigger tablets for 2014. Apple and Samsung have also been reportedly working on bigger tablets for 2014. Apple is set to release a 13-inch iPad while Samsung is set to release a 12.2-inch Galaxy Note. Both companies have not confirmed details but there are many analysts claiming they will be releasing such.

With Apple and Samsung's venture into bigger tablets, analysts think it will be a matter of time before Google joins the party. However, some analysts feel hesitant about this as the Nexus 10 2 remains a no-show. Some experts think that it will be unlikely for Google to venture to a larger tablet without finalizing the second generation Nexus 10.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3Galaxy Tab Pro vs. Retina iPad Mini 2: 4 Power Specs of the 8.4-Inch Samsung Tab that Could Beat the iOS 7 Compact Slate

The Fast and The Furious Star Paul WalkerPaul Walker and Vin Diesel in Ongoing Rancour Ahead of Walker’s Demise: Reports

Google introduced the initial Nexus 7 tablet in the summer of 2012. The company released a larger version in fall, the Nexus 10. A year after, Google launched the second generation Nexus 7 but the second generation Nexus 10 did not follow. This has put analysts in the gray area. Tech companies usually follow a trend or timeline for releasing products. Google did not follow this.

Still, some sources argue that the Nexus 12 can be possible. Google has always paired with other Android manufacturers. As Samsung reportedly continues to work on larger tablets, the two may join together for a Nexus device.

Samsung produced the initial Nexus 10. Google has remained loyal to its manufacturers of Nexus devices. It stayed with Asus for the Nexus 7 and LG for the Nexus 5. It may stick with Samsung for the Nexus 10 and possibly the Nexus 12. Experts still doubt whether companies can popularize the 12-inch slate. People will have to wait for official announcements and availability

Last edited by pureman; 02-01-2014 at 07:55 PM..
pureman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
High Supremacy Member

whatever it is, can't use singpass!!!
tekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

With a CPU five times faster than a Tegra 2 and running Ice Cream Sandwich(Android 2.4), the Nexus 3 is starting to look like a dream come true for all Android fans
pureman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2011, 04:07 PM   #4
High Supremacy Member

With a CPU five times faster than a Tegra 2 and running Ice Cream Sandwich(Android 2.4), the Nexus 3 is starting to look like a dream come true for all Android fans
I'll just upgrade to it when it comes....no point waiting.

Because once N3 comes, N4 will be in the wings liao....
kennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2011, 04:21 PM   #5
Supremacy Member

Nexus One ( Single Core ) > Nexus S ( Single Core + SGX GPU ) > Nexus 3 ?

I feel quad core is a bit far fetched when they still haven't even got to grips with dual core.

I think the most likely outcome is a SoC refresh possibly something like a Tegra 2.5

Last edited by xonix; 25-05-2011 at 04:38 PM..
xonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2011, 04:44 PM   #6
High Supremacy Member

Nexus One ( Single Core ) > Nexus S ( Single Core + SGX GPU ) > Nexus 3 ?

I feel quad core is a bit far fetched when they still haven't even got to grips with dual core.

I think the most likely outcome is a SoC refresh possibly something like a Tegra 2.5
Looking at Nvidia's roadmap, it's a distinct possibility in this case. Quadcore I mean.
kennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2011, 06:39 PM   #7
Master Member

whatever it is, can't use singpass!!!
u got try with the firefox browser? i have some issue with govt websites also. but firefox can bypass
Old 25-05-2011, 06:52 PM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

Holy ****, time for plans for this.
StanII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #9
Supremacy Member

wonder who will be the phone manufacturer this time round.
Old 25-05-2011, 09:48 PM   #10
Master Member

wah they skipped dual core altogether ! seems nice i just hope its not LG manufacturing it
shadowlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2011, 09:57 PM   #11

Hope to see another AMOLED display
Fifa03fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2011, 09:58 PM   #12
Master Member

wah they skipped dual core altogether ! seems nice i just hope its not LG manufacturing it
Can share why?
Old 25-05-2011, 10:00 PM   #13
Master Member

Can share why?
i used LG phones before and all of em sucked ..
shadowlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2011, 11:27 PM   #14

May be possible. Seems like Google's trend is to rotate the production of their flagship Nexus phones amongst the different major Android manufacturers. HTC, Samsung. Who's the next largest Android manufacturer? Left with Sony Ericsson, LG, Motorola? The other 'not-so-significant' Android manufacturers like Dell, Acer less likely, but maybe too? Amongst all these LG and Motorola seems like the most likely two.

Just what I think though. Maybe it doesn't even work this way (I'm just assuming Google rotates manufacturers) or Google has other plans. Correct me if I am wrong.
aqualeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2011, 11:46 PM   #15
Supremacy Member

from wad i noe, 1 of the reason y they switched from htc to samsung is that after releasing nexus one, htc released desire which is almost the same wif nexus one but better in terms of specs. i dunno how true is that. just something i heard from a fren.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.