HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

2017 Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL!!

Like Tree815Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2018, 12:28 AM   #8671

This Feb update really messed up my wifi. I've already reset all network settings, but still I can only connect to my 5ghz. It's always showing "Check password and try again" for 2.4ghz. My laptop and other phones don't have issue connecting to both.
bawawaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 01:04 AM   #8672
Arch-Supremacy Member

Not sure how bad yr wifi issue is since i've no wifi issue on feb ota.

U might want to backup & factory reset then connect to yr home's wifi again see if it persist
wizardmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 04:27 AM   #8673
Arch-Supremacy Member

This Feb update really messed up my wifi. I've already reset all network settings, but still I can only connect to my 5ghz. It's always showing "Check password and try again" for 2.4ghz. My laptop and other phones don't have issue connecting to both.
Try to forget the network settings first.

Make sure you key in the correct password.
Old 15-02-2018, 07:14 AM   #8674
Master Member

I'm on DNS66, works okay for me. I use HWZ on chrome. Not sure what's the crowdynews you're referring to actually. But DNS66 works well enough to block most ads.
CrowdyNews is the social media widget that appears right at the bottom of every thread, and also at the page where you reply to a post.

Can you help to see if DNS66 blocks CrowdyNews pls?
kEvinErd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 07:43 AM   #8675

CrowdyNews is the social media widget that appears right at the bottom of every thread, and also at the page where you reply to a post.

Mine doesn't show any ads covering the page, using dns66.

Only the hwz ones at the bottom
GeSteSoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 08:03 AM   #8676

Try to forget the network settings first.

Make sure you key in the correct password.
Haha of course password is correct. Anyway, might try to factory reset since long weekend ahead. New Year, New Format.
bawawaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 08:08 AM   #8677
Master Member

Mine no problem on both 2.4 and 5 GHz wireless, be it home, customer or corporate wireless.
Shinji_U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 09:40 AM   #8678

anyway, anyone facing persistent gmail syncing notification the past 2 days or so?

mine has been going on a few hours at a time and i can't seem to swipe it away. comes and goes as it likes

so far not noticing battery drain, so it's just a visual irritation.

found others suffering from the same problem too:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/go...y-syncing.html
in case anyone else is encountering this, managed to pinpoint the root cause of the problem to Exchange. the persistent gmail syncing notification will only appear if you have an Exchange account being synced to ur Gmail app (eg. Hotmail, Outlook, MSN).

notification disappeared once i removed the account. so i'm now using both the Outlook app and Gmail app for emails while waiting for an update to resolve the issue. on the other hand, the Outlook app looks pretty damn good to me! would have never downloaded it if not for this
skl000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 10:21 AM   #8679

Okay it doesn't block that social media widget thing. Didn't realise that's considered an ad? But it's at the bottom of the page so it's not exactly very intrusive.
boomerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 10:30 AM   #8680

I using GAGT no ads

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT
Stylebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 11:33 AM   #8681

My battery life became weaker after the Feb update. Anyone got the same issue?
Old 15-02-2018, 12:40 PM   #8682
Supremacy Member

I using GAGT no ads

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT
best way to surf hwz

Sent from OnePlus 5 using GAGT
ecneret_eel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 02:51 PM   #8683
Arch-Supremacy Member

Haha of course password is correct. Anyway, might try to factory reset since long weekend ahead. New Year, New Format.
All the best. Hopefully if no issues after factory reset means could be u have one or more bogus apps causing the issue. If u do manage to resolve it or pinpoint which app is the one causing this maybe can update here too for awareness
wizardmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 03:33 PM   #8684
Master Member

Okay it doesn't block that social media widget thing. Didn't realise that's considered an ad? But it's at the bottom of the page so it's not exactly very intrusive.
It's not really an ad strictly speaking but some adblockers can block such stuff too. I was using AdGuard previously, and just using it in it's default state, it could block the CrowdyNews social media widget on HWZ. But now it doesn't do so anymore, unless I manually add one of those publicly available filters called Fanboy Annoyances. But this one too potent. Causes issues with loading Channel Newsasia website. So I'm living with the social media widget for now. Not very intrusive, but still nonetheless an eyesore, and which causes extra data to be consumed to load that social media widget.
kEvinErd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 04:28 PM   #8685

Can anyone teach me how can I remove the default date from the home screen? Thanks.
n15m088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.