Gadget Freaks with Open Minds

year2013

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Wanted to have this thread to discuss about latest and greatest phones, need folks with open mind, not Fanboys please !! ;)
I am android users and always switch between Sony/Samsung/Moto/LG.

With the release of LG G6, Galaxy S8/+, upcoming XZP - lot of competition.
I am currently holding S7 Edge and just tested S8/+
M totally confused - should I upgrade or not...the only plus point of S8/+ is SCREEN !!
- Battery better in S7 Edge
- Camera same
- Fingerprint sensor placement better in S7 Edge

Any comments???

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm using S7 edge too. Reasons being it's has android 7.0, top camera, battery life and most impt - one hand usability.

just po s8+ and getting g6 later on. huge battery and camera is a must for me. hopefully, the larger screen and batter is well balance. :s12:

Wessleh

Reaction score
S8+ might be a okay enough upgrade. Battery life is pretty important to me, and the good thing about the S8 series is that at least can reduce the resolution from Quad HD+ to just Full HD+ or HD+ ba, so battery life should still be not bad I guess?

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Wanted to have this thread to discuss about latest and greatest phones, need folks with open mind, not Fanboys please !! ;)

M totally confused - should I upgrade or not...the only plus point of S8/+ is SCREEN !!
- Camera same

Any comments???
Go for S8/S8+. The G6 isn't considered an upgrade from your current S7 Edge with that 821. 8890 might even be better than 821 is some cases. XZP seems good as well but you gotta wait for 2 more months or so.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 MTK using GAGT

year2013

Master Member
Reaction score
How about CAMERA? Does anyone know how LG G6 camera performs as compared to Galaxy S8+
I m pretty happy with S7 Edge camera, does dual lens actually makes any difference !!

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How about CAMERA? Does anyone know how LG G6 camera performs as compared to Galaxy S8+
I m pretty happy with S7 Edge camera, does dual lens actually makes any difference !!

According to reviews so far (since both not out yet), G6 isn't a huge leap from the v20 other than the wide angle cam sensor upgrade. S8 isn't a huge leap from the S7 too with sensor update and multi frame image processing?. But overall quality should be samsung still better.

LG's wide angle cam is fun to play with if you like taking fun shots. but i think quality wise S8 should still be better.

But I do like G6's use of the 18:9 screen for interesting camera features. Can see the samples at Chester's site for the guideshot, gridshot samples. It makes it interesting and easy to create interesting content. but then again it'll depend on how often you actually use these features. :s13:

http://musicphotolife.com/2017/04/lg-g6-singapore-launch-review/

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought gadget freaks will just buy any new phones. If bored or don't like, they will sell away and buy another phone.

shawniiex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

- Camera same

Any comments???

As said by bro Alex,
Camera of S8 is better than s7.

And as usual for people changing phones.
Got spare cash then change lo. If not how to afford.

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends on what is impt to u. Of open mind then u should try bb keyone

Hi Guys,

- Camera same

Any comments???

qyc_91

Reaction score
open mind?
I support interracial marriage between Apple & Samsung

JackDulouz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wanted to buy the S8+ initially. Tried the phone at Samsung shop. To me, only problem is the fingerprint sensor and the buttons. The Bigsby button should swap with the power button, so the power button will be on the same side as the volume rocker. Maybe I'm too used to Nexus-es I have.

I know u can re-map the buttons with root, but going forward, I think root is no longer viable (think SafetyNet issues with AP and Netflix).

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.