Hollow vibration feel in phones

way_landr

Reaction score
I wonder if I'm the only one with such a pet peeve. I like the solid tok tok feel of when typing on the soft keyboard of the phone. A precise and solid haptic feedback.

Some phones, however, feels like its loosely packed and the haptic feedback makes the phone feels like its hollowish, or rattling. the haptic feedback seems to reverberate around the phone and is not precise, which really irks me and affects the typing.

But i've searched and seems like i'm the only one that cares about this. I've changed phones after 3 days just because of this :s22:

Found an article that sortof says what i'm talking about here.

https://www.androidheadlines.com/2016/11/tech-talk-how-phone-vibrations-work.html

Anyway, just to compile a list of the phones that i've used and tried before, on the "solidness" of it. Definitely will help people like me (maybe not many lol) choose our phones, and not waste time and money on high specs phones but "jiggly" ones. I included some older models just for reference sake.

Please add on to the list or comment your own opinions coz it is subjective!

Thanks!

HTC:
HTC M8 (solid)
HTC 10 (hollow)

Samsung:
Note 2 (solid)
Note 3 (hollowish but bearable)
Note 5 (solid)
Note 7 (solid)
Note 8 (solid)
A9 Pro (solid)
S7e (slightly hollowish but almost unnoticeable)
S8+ (solid)

Huawei:
P10+ (very hollow)
Mate 10 (hollow)

LG:
G6 (solid with a soft cushion feel :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.