Huawei Mate 9

Reaction score
Battery life seems to be the same for my usage after updating to B181.
Remember to clear system cache after an update. Not necessary to do hard reset.

After using for few days with B181, battery life not that fantastic. Feel every update the battery life get worse.

Reeve85

Reaction score
Guys, whenever you restart the phone, there will be a prompt saying -telephone enable or cancel. Anyone knows whats that?

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys guys, those recording videos, did you get this annoying error prompt ? It keeps popping out whenever i click ok.
Nc27isM.jpg

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys guys, those recording videos, did you get this annoying error prompt ? It keeps popping out whenever i click ok.
Nc27isM.jpg

You want to try to either disable 'ok google' or go into camera > swipe to left for settings > turn off audio controls.

See if it helps...

Audris

Reaction score
I highly suspect the Mate 9 is water proof to certain extent. Brought it to Taiwan 2 weeks ago where it was flooded and raining everyday. Still decided to take photos as per normal under the rain without umbrella and even accidentally dropped it into a puddle of mud but it did not even go haywire for a second unlike my previous phones which needed to be burried in rice overnight due to some crankiness. Very impressed with its toughness. *Try it at your own risk though

Wonder if anyone has considered between Mate 9 and P10 plus? I'm kinda attracted to the front portrait mode that P10 Plus has and Mate 9 doesn't. What's important to me is camera, both front and back and battery life. Any opinions if I should make a switch?

hyourinmaru

Reaction score
I highly suspect the Mate 9 is water proof to certain extent. Brought it to Taiwan 2 weeks ago where it was flooded and raining everyday. Still decided to take photos as per normal under the rain without umbrella and even accidentally dropped it into a puddle of mud but it did not even go haywire for a second unlike my previous phones which needed to be burried in rice overnight due to some crankiness. Very impressed with its toughness. *Try it at your own risk though

Wonder if anyone has considered between Mate 9 and P10 plus? I'm kinda attracted to the front portrait mode that P10 Plus has and Mate 9 doesn't. What's important to me is camera, both front and back and battery life. Any opinions if I should make a switch?

you are really lucky thats all, huawei is never waterproof nor water resistant worst than iphone when it comes to water resist tbh..
over last weekend, my huawei mate 9 instantly died in my wet pocket during that stupid on and off rain at Ultra Singapore 2017 day 1...
anyone know of any good shops to repair huawei mate 9 in a reasonable price?
stupid Huawei Service Center quoted me $878.66 to repair... what a bs service they have seriously. With that sum of $$ i could just get a new phone better...

fyi, my mate 8 can take much more water than this mate 9 btw

Last edited:

Audris

Reaction score
you are really lucky thats all, huawei is never waterproof nor water resistant worst than iphone when it comes to water resist tbh..
over last weekend, my huawei mate 9 instantly died in my wet pocket during that stupid on and off rain at Ultra Singapore 2017 day 1...
anyone know of any good shops to repair huawei mate 9 in a reasonable price?
stupid Huawei Service Center quoted me $878.66 to repair... what a bs service they have seriously. With that sum of $$ i could just get a new phone better...

fyi, my mate 8 can take much more water than this mate 9 btw

Oh well sorry to hear that.. guess sometimes is really luck.. my past waterproof did not survive a dip too. You can try going JB KSL city mall basement. I just repaired my iPhone 6 there last month for a fraction of the price in sg. Not sure if they do for Huawei but there is also an official Huawei store in the mall.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.