the OnePlus 5 !!!

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sure bo. I remember signing up for the newsletter on the desktop site and it mentioned the official launch and 1 year official warranty.The color was red too, not grey if that makes any difference

I remember I wanted to share the news on facebook. I went to the desktop site wanting to share the screenshot, but realised it doesn't say official anywhere. So i used mobile site screenshot instead. Unless they added it some time after that and then removed it afterwards, then i'm not sure already. I haven't visit the site until earlier.

2017-07-04.jpg

Last edited:

Pepperisk

Reaction score
I remember I wanted to share the news on facebook. I went to the desktop site wanting to share the screenshot, but realised it doesn't say official anywhere. So i used mobile site screenshot instead. Unless they added it some time after that and then removed it afterwards, then i'm not sure already. I haven't visit the site until earlier.

2017-07-04.jpg
hope u right bah. this s5 on borrowed time alrd. need change new phone and I rly like the oneplus 5. If lazada rly got warranty and price is ok then swee

Sent from Samsung SM-G900F using GAGT

Myu~sun

Master Member
Reaction score
I think if Lazada really coming out 64 gb will be at 75x then 128 maybe $100 more

Myu~sun

Master Member
Reaction score
So far still admiring my one plus 5 at night on my bed still not bringing out untill my taobao case arrive

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
9to5google writer also ditched his s8 for OP5. The jelly screen really not noticeable? How Long have you had the s8? Any complains about the OP5 so far? Is the LED light notification very dim?

No regrets changing from S8 to OP5. Apart from the inferior camera, the OP5 is much more snappier and more comfortable to hold on in my opinion.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5000 using GAGT

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No regrets changing from S8 to OP5. Apart from the inferior camera, the OP5 is much more snappier and more comfortable to hold on in my opinion.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5000 using GAGT

OP5 has a certain grip which makes one loves to hold it.
Cant explain...but i think the curve and how thin t is, is ery special.

I felt S8+ would be better...has it has a beter design

OP5- pure hw and stock lie experience. Camera so so
U11- pure hw and camera i well. Batt life so so
G6 - camera is nice. Laggy UI
XPZ overall ezp is well. Design and gip exp is very poor
S8+ - nice design and gd camera exp. 18:9 ratio mght not be for evryone

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hope u right bah. this s5 on borrowed time alrd. need change new phone and I rly like the oneplus 5. If lazada rly got warranty and price is ok then swee

I think should be legit with warranty, just a matter of how that warranty works. Are they working with a local distributor? Use a service provider to provide support and warranty? Or it's just lazada helping to send the device back to OnePlus in case servicing is required? It's still considered "official warranty" nonetheless.

So much we don't know yet. But what I can guess ah, is that the price most likely will be higher than the prices in the US.

Previously OP3 was USD 399 (~SGD550)? Lazada with the distributor (Mercantile) sold the phone at SGD649. So that's around a $100 more. No matter what, I highly doubt it will be cheaper than any of the China Set that qoo10/resellers are selling. Depending on how the warranty works, it might be more worth it to just hoot from them, especially when qoo10 has coupons (at least that's probably what i'll do).

But these are just my speculations la. :s13: Who knows, maybe this time round they really serious about trying to enter SG market and price it aggressively. :s22:

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
9to5google writer also ditched his s8 for OP5. The jelly screen really not noticeable? How Long have you had the s8? Any complains about the OP5 so far? Is the LED light notification very dim?

Dude... You like asking so many questions for so long. It's just a bloody phone. You can just buy it, use it, don't like it and then sell it. You lose like $100 the most? You can use and test till cows come home.

You ask everyone who has the phone the same few questions.

Just stick with your existing phone sua.

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did I ask you? Never ask you kp so much? This is a forum, is for ppl to join in discussion for the phone, not your personal blog, you don't like my post, just skip through, never ask for your opinion. Thanks

Dude... You like asking so many questions for so long. It's just a bloody phone. You can just buy it, use it, don't like it and then sell it. You lose like $100 the most? You can use and test till cows come home.

Last edited:

aqualeris

Reaction score
The screen cannot keep up with the refresh rate, then will have a jelly like effect when you're scrolling through at a certain speed.

Not exactly true. It is because it is mounted upside down, so the screen refreshes bottom to top, causing our eyes to perceive the jelly effect. Take any phone and try scrolling upside down - you will notice some jelly effect too. It's not the display's fault per say, its Oneplus fault for mounting it upside down.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Just block lah.....I know, it's irritating at times. Like a faulty tape recorder. :D

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Must keep in mind, Oneplus warranty may not "feel" like your usual warranty when you need to get anything serviced.

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did I ask you? Never ask you kp so much? This is a forum, is for ppl to join in discussion for the phone, not your personal blog, you don't like my post, just skip through, never ask for your opinion. Thanks

You making yourself sound like a fool. I don't think is the first time someone mentioned this. But since you are ignorant then continue to be then.:s22::s22::s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.