HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

the OnePlus 5 !!!

Like Tree1551Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2017, 08:08 PM   #46
Master Member

That pricing advantage is going to be gone liao....
If oneplus move away from their flagship killer strategy , they risk losing a large percentage of their customers.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
gt_5454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:49 PM   #47
Supremacy Member

Well, of course every companies top line product is considered flagship but specs alone don't just define the brand. OnePlus has limited global release and doesn't have the service centers and support customers hence pple might forgive since the value for money is there. Once they increase the price to similar to the other minstream brands , the price might no longer to worth while to take the risk.

And just on specs, generally it usually lags behind the other main flagships in terms of audio and imaging plus removable storage, water proofing etc

"Real flagship"...?

Got fake one? Each company decides its own flagships no..?

And its specs are still comparable with other OEMs' flagships.... So......?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:53 PM   #48
High Supremacy Member

In other words, just like Google with their Pixel line. Horrible support, horrendous pricing, but the promise of latest updates brings the drooling fanboys, making it constantly OOS.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
kennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:07 PM   #49
Master Member

Horrible support
I am not sure if you have contacted or communicated with Google support before, but based on my exp, this is not correct.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
batboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:48 PM   #50
Arch-Supremacy Member

Nabehz, they becum full flagshit liao. Actually their strategy quite good, use low price n good specs plus limited supply to increase mindshare and awareness of product, then slowly every year increase price little by little to make more profit, now they full flagshit price liao, can finally stop chopping carrot. Problem is with such price why would anyone not go n buy real flagshit. Plus the design looks like shiEt imo

just like google nexus and pixel
~Dragonite~ likes this.
zhaohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 12:24 AM   #51
High Supremacy Member

Nabehz, they becum full flagshit liao. Actually their strategy quite good, use low price n good specs plus limited supply to increase mindshare and awareness of product, then slowly every year increase price little by little to make more profit, now they full flagshit price liao, can finally stop chopping carrot. Problem is with such price why would anyone not go n buy real flagshit. Plus the design looks like shiEt imo

Maybe they learning from the Google with their Pixel series haha, even if its high price there's still a pretty huge following~

~Dragonite~ likes this.
amazingone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:44 AM   #52
Supremacy Member

It is quite common for China mobile phone company to enter the market using pricing strategy then slowly increases the price.

E.g. Xiaomi
~Dragonite~ likes this.
xRenol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 12:52 PM   #53

In other words, just like Google with their Pixel line. Horrible support, horrendous pricing, but the promise of latest updates brings the drooling fanboys, making it constantly OOS.
Promise of stock-like Android skin. Updates are quite fast with the OP3/T, but recently OP just announced the are not updating OP2 to Nougat even though they promised they would. Software support is nowhere near as good as Google.

Seeing their poor software support cycle is really putting me off even considering the OP5.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
aqualeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:26 PM   #54
Arch-Supremacy Member

Promise of stock-like Android skin. Updates are quite fast with the OP3/T, but recently OP just announced the are not updating OP2 to Nougat even though they promised they would. Software support is nowhere near as good as Google.

Seeing their poor software support cycle is really putting me off even considering the OP5.
actually not many companies have managed to have a good software update cycle
~Dragonite~ likes this.
zhaohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 03:47 PM   #55
High Supremacy Member

Yeah it's a strange decision made by OnePlus, as the Snapdragon 810 is able to handle Android 7 well.. Heck, even the Sony Xperia Z3+/Xperia Z5 series that's released in the same year with the same SoC has been updated to Android 7 already..
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:07 PM   #56

I am not sure if you have contacted or communicated with Google support before, but based on my exp, this is not correct.
There are always 2 side of the services. Good and Bad.

Don't just listen to what you want to listen.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 11-06-2017, 09:03 PM   #57
Master Member

There are always 2 side of the services. Good and Bad.

Don't just listen to what you want to listen.
Fair point, there are always 2 sides of a coin. However, I don't just listen to what I want to listen. I wouldn't have said anything if I had not experienced them myself. Don't just listen to what you want to listen.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
batboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:17 PM   #58

They have confirmed will be updating OP2 with Nougat, but don't expect anytime soon, probably end of year/next year lol... Anyway, my wife's OP2 already running Lineage for few months liao, so don't see any reason for oxygen Nougat.
Wrong info

http://www.androidauthority.com/onep...eplus-2-779029
~Dragonite~ likes this.
deckcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:40 PM   #59

They have confirmed will be updating OP2 with Nougat, but don't expect anytime soon, probably end of year/next year lol... Anyway, my wife's OP2 already running Lineage for few months liao, so don't see any reason for oxygen Nougat.
Your wife didn't complain why so complex? What is Lineage?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:40 PM   #60
High Supremacy Member

For me, 2 years is good enough - won't use any phone longer than that. We'll see if they screw it up again once OP5 is released.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
kennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.