Oneplus 5T

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buying as secondary I Guess. You still holding on to 5T or alr offloaded? So far so good?
Why you always ends your post with an questions or two? And it's always the same range of question.

Sent from LG G6 #AstroBlack using GAGT

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why you always ends your post with an questions or two? And it's always the same range of question.

Sent from LG G6 #AstroBlack using GAGT

Forum to ask questions and share what, why you so uptight? Same thing I’m gonna tell you just like I told you before, I never ask you. You don’t like just don’t reply, thx. I never offend you, don’t get it why you have something against me. :s11:

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Forum to ask questions and share what, why you so uptight? Same thing I’m gonna tell you just like I told you before, I never ask you. You don’t like just don’t reply, thx. I never offend you, don’t get it why you have something against me. :s11:
I uptight? No?

Is the way you asked your questions REPEATEDLY. Not only me find it annoys not only me and some fellow users who also "sound out"...

Anyway, happy new year :)

Sent from OnePlus 5T A5010 #LavaRed using GAGT

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I uptight? No?

Is the way you asked your questions REPEATEDLY. Not only me find it annoys not only me and some fellow users who also "sound out"...

Anyway, happy new year :)

Sent from OnePlus 5T A5010 #LavaRed using GAGT

Sorry, I apologised ok, didn’t mean to purposely do it but I think a lot more when I’m buying my stuff so I ask more to make sure. happy new year to you too. :)

Btw, can ask you if the lava red of 5T is the same shade of red used on the OPPO r11s? The r11s looks a bit pinkish. Appreciate if you could shed some light on this. Thx!

Last edited:

Fragum

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I apologised ok, didn’t mean to purposely do it but I think a lot more when I’m buying my stuff so I ask more to make sure. happy new year to you too. :)

Btw, can ask you if the lava red of 5T is the same shade of red used on the OPPO r11s? The r11s looks a bit pinkish. Appreciate if you could shed some light on this. Thx!

why not you go to the shop and compare in person :s11:

deckcard

Master Member
Reaction score
I Guess the only few plus points over the N8 is better ergonomics and no more lags. 8g ram with the almost stock implementation of oxygen os means the phone is blazing fast

You don't need 8gb of RAM to be blazing fast. Pixel 2 is an example that even with 4gb of RAM it's already buttery smooth. The extra RAM can be better at multitasking but who needs to run 8 to 10 games in the background and switches between them? Also certain apps/games are time sensitive especially online stuff so keeping in the background is not useful anyway.

A few cost effective tips
1) 4gb is mainstream in 2017/2018
2) 6gb probably mainstream in 2018/2019
3) 8gb probably mainstream in 2019/2020

So the million dollar question is are u going to keep your phone until 2020? Asking the same people having 3T (with 6gb RAM) now, are they going to keep their phone in 2019? Most unlikely becos even if RAM can keep up, the phone is lacking in other aspects such as faster CPU, better battery life, better AI support which is the future btw, better technologies such as embedded fingerprint in display, probably faster storage and who knows what else is coming in 2020. By 2020, the battery in ur 5/T is also worn and not good anyway.

4) Those need 128gb of storage probably need it to store their life pics, videos and what not but I don't need my phone to do that. There is cloud and also a more trustworthy PC with abundance of storage options to backup for such things. Besides, do you just have all your life's work (including pics and vids) on a phone with no backup anywhere else?

Well, that's just me and probably many others in the same shoe wanting to be cost effective becos 5 is more bang for buck as a flagship phone in many ways if you are willing to forego some features. On the same note, I feel there are other options such as M10/P (better cameras) if you are getting the 5T 128GB due to cost

Last edited:

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You don't need 8gb of RAM to be blazing fast. Pixel 2 is an example that even with 4gb of RAM it's already buttery smooth. The extra RAM can be better at multitasking but who needs to run 8 to 10 games in the background and switches between them? Also certain apps/games are time sensitive especially online stuff so keeping in the background is not useful anyway.

A few cost effective tips
1) 4gb is mainstream in 2017/2018
2) 6gb probably mainstream in 2018/2019
3) 8gb probably mainstream in 2019/2020

So the million dollar question is are u going to keep your phone until 2020? Asking the same people having 3T (with 6gb RAM) now, are they going to keep their phone in 2019? Most unlikely becos even if RAM can keep up, the phone is lacking in other aspects such as faster CPU, better battery life, better AI support which is the future btw, better technologies such as embedded fingerprint in display, probably faster storage and who knows what else is coming in 2020. By 2020, the battery in ur 5/T is also worn and not good anyway.

4) Those need 128gb of storage probably need it to store their life pics, videos and what not but I don't need my phone to do that. There is cloud and also a more trustworthy PC with abundance of storage options to backup for such things. Besides, do you just have all your life's work (including pics and vids) on a phone with no backup anywhere else?

Well, that's just me and probably many others in the same shoe wanting to be cost effective becos 5 is more bang for buck as a flagship phone in many ways if you are willing to forego some features. On the same note, I feel there are other options such as M10/P (better cameras) if you are getting the 5T 128GB due to cost
relax bro, I know ram isn't everything (look at phone and bb), I was just comparing between n8 and op5t. I mentioned op5t is fast due to ram and almost stock implementation of oxygen OS. N8 has 4g ram but is lagging more prob due to the "heavy" touchwhiz OS

Skyy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
relax bro, I know ram isn't everything (look at phone and bb), I was just comparing between n8 and op5t. I mentioned op5t is fast due to ram and almost stock implementation of oxygen OS

Ya, ram 6gb is enough, but the 128gb storage is good for me cos I have a lot of TWRP backups and Titanium backups so 64gb fills up pretty quickly

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buying as secondary I Guess. You still holding on to 5T or alr offloaded? So far so good?
wah, u sure will buy arnot? I had high hopes for you getting N8 or U11 but in the end you tactically go and hoot an ipX without a whisper leh. Still have my op5t, not bad. pretty good all round phone but no standout or unique feature to me leh. :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.