Sharp Z2

Zapper1819

Master Member
Reaction score
Sharp only release those ah tiong kind of phone to oversea countries. Those good looking one only available in jp. :(

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When I was using the old sharp keitais the camera was also quite bad. Might b the algorithm or camera software issue

Managed to play with the unit, overall nice aluminium feel. UI seem quick enough. The display looked almost edge to edge, however there is black border around it, so it is not edge to edge.

Not sure if I am doing anything wrong...but I am unable to use the camera to take a proper shot. Everything came out blurry and over exposed, checked settings and doesn't seem any fishy, tried reset default settings and still the same...:eek:

Anyone actually bought it? Can give some insight?

Wessleh

Reaction score
Bought the Z2 for $160 last night. Feels snappy. Pretty good value imo. After all, an RRP of $399 still much more worth than the other phones at this price, like the Samsung A3(16), J7 Prime etc.

Zeph_ng

Reaction score
Bought the Z2 for $160 last night. Feels snappy. Pretty good value imo. After all, an RRP of $399 still much more worth than the other phones at this price, like the Samsung A3(16), J7 Prime etc.

SG$160 is a really good price for it :thumbsup:

How're you finding the phone after a few days of use?

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I feel this phone is a little underrated, even though the specs vs price is very good.

I just got mine with a 42 bucks per month plan contract. Upfront, I paid only 68 bucks for it.

First impression when testing in the phone shop,
1) Solid build despite it looking like a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
2) Smooth performance and fast launch of applications
3) Decent 16mp shooter (Though I read that it does not do that well under low light. This is a common problem for mid/ low end phones anyway.)
4) UI is quite interesting where you can scroll up and down, unlike most that scrolls sideways.
5) Uses USB Type C instead of USB 2.0 connection for most mid/ low end phones.
6) Comes with free transparent TPU cover - this saves the trouble of finding a cover since this phone is quite exotic.

Just so people are aware, SIM 2 only supports up to 3G.

I think before we start criticising the phone, we should bear in mind that this is a mid range phone and the local price is pretty decent. It runs a Mediatek chip (Helios X20), but the A72 cores in there certainly gives it an edge over the likes of SD 625 or lower out there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I feel this phone is a little underrated, even though the specs vs price is very good.

I just got mine with a 42 bucks per month plan contract. Upfront, I paid only 68 bucks for it.

First impression when testing in the phone shop,
1) Solid build despite it looking like a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
2) Smooth performance and fast launch of applications
3) Decent 16mp shooter (Though I read that it does not do that well under low light. This is a common problem for mid/ low end phones anyway.)
4) UI is quite interesting where you can scroll up and down, unlike most that scrolls sideways.
5) Uses USB Type C instead of USB 2.0 connection for most mid/ low end phones.
6) Comes with free transparent TPU cover - this saves the trouble of finding a cover since this phone is quite exotic.

Just so people are aware, SIM 2 only supports up to 3G.

I think before we start criticising the phone, we should bear in mind that this is a mid range phone and the local price is pretty decent. It runs a Mediatek chip (Helios X20), but the A72 cores in there certainly gives it an edge over the likes of SD 625 or lower out there.

I seconded you. I actually tried both the Z2 and MS1 phone at Challenger and it does feel good. Very solid built.

The Z2 actually runs on a decacore (10 cores) Mediatek Helios X20, similar to that found in the China's Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.

http://mediatek-helio.com/x20/

The UI is rather clean too, something I think is commendable.

The only problem is the retail price at $399 for the Z2...

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I seconded you. I actually tried both the Z2 and MS1 phone at Challenger and it does feel good. Very solid built.

The Z2 actually runs on a decacore (10 cores) Mediatek Helios X20, similar to that found in the China's Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.

http://mediatek-helio.com/x20/

The UI is rather clean too, something I think is commendable.

The only problem is the retail price at $399 for the Z2...

I do agree that at 399, it is quite difficult to compete with those parallel imported Xiaomi phones for example. But compared to the likes of Samsung, I think the asking price don't seem that bad. In fact for my case, I've only paid 68 bucks with a 2 year contract for a 42 bucks plan.

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FYI: Saw an ad in e papers ytd (Sat).. I think Gain City having offer on the Z2 @ $299 (UP: $399)... :eek:

sft1393h

Reaction score
I bought Sharp MS1 for $98 on the lowest $28 plan for my child. It comes with 2 years warranty. The processor was amazingly smooth. No hang and restart at all. Value for money for a 3gb ram and 64gb rom.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.