Xiaomi Singapore very bad product & service!

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
My complaint:

My 2 week Redmi Note 4G was all the way in my pocket. It never dropped! Never hit anywhere! Was not involved in any accident of any kind! When i went back home. Had to take a photo, took it out and found my rear camera protective plastic shattered! I really dont understand. I have handled my Ex Samsung Galaxy note 3 much rougher than this and this was never a problem for me! I am totally disappointed! I read online that i am not the only one to encounter this. What cheap plastic is being used???

Xiaomi Representative:

Hi There

Do send it down to a service centre for further assessment of your device.

Rgds
BL23

AFTER GOING TO XIAOMI SERVICE CENTRE IN CLARKE QUAY

I ended up paying $25 for the change of that cheap plastic. It was damaged because of the cheap material and I had to pay. I am totally unsatisfied with the service center staff. I will be selling this 2 week old phone and will not recommended to anyone ever. Here are some of the events that took place at the service center in Clarke Quay:

1. A female staff gave me a very rude and sarcastic stare as if i was lying when I explained what happened to cause the damage.

2. She could not handle my request and handed over the case to another male staff who suggested that I should remove the damaged plastic and use a scotch tape to cover the camera. What?! He even told me that there were ONLY 10 customers with the exact same problem. He said it is not a big issue as it is only 10 out of 10000 phones they have sold.

3. I managed to get them to do the repair. I was told to come back when they call to inform they were done. I went for dinner. There was no call for nearly 3 hours so I went back there.

4. They told me the phone was done. I took the phone, noticed dents and scratches around the camera lens area!

5. When I informed them of the scratches and dents, He looked at his colleague and both of them seemed irritated and were just silent. I stood there holding the phone in front of him.

6. They took my phone again and did it correctly this time. I removed the cover to insert my sim and sd card and notice that the external antenna cover (a small round cover) was missing. I informed the guy and he went in again to look for the cover and covered it up.

7. The orange stickers on the 2 screws which will void warranty if removed/tempered has been broken. The service staff told me that it will not be a problem in future. I will be calling Xioami customer service tomorrow to confirm this.

8. I went down to Starbucks right after all this and I felt like a king. Starbucks service is 100 times better!

This is my first and last Xiaomi phone. I will never recommend their phone to anyone! I am sharing my experience to let everyone know of their super bad service!

Thank you for reading.
The rear camera protective cover is definitely not made of plastic lah. Never heard of plastic can get shattered one.

It is supposed to be of Corning Gorilla Glass material or its equivalent. And it is supposed to be shock proofed, and not supposed to shatter easily even under high impact forces.

Hence I assume 小米 is largely to be held responsible for this kind of customer experience. If they can't fix this sort of customer expectations, then they can be considered to be still a very long way off from being a top notch global brand for mobile handsets, mobile devices.

I'm quite doubtful the said camera lens are supplied by Corning glass, or by the Japanese. Could be it's just an ordinary piece of glass from a China supplier..

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The rear camera protective cover is definitely not made of plastic lah. Never heard of plastic can get shattered one.

It is supposed to be of Corning Gorilla Glass material or its equivalent. And it is supposed to be shock proofed, and not supposed to shatter easily even under high impact forces.

Hence I assume 小米 is largely to be held responsible for this kind of customer experience. If they can't fix this sort of customer expectations, then they can be considered to be still a very long way off from being a top notch global brand for mobile handsets, mobile devices.

I'm quite doubtful the said camera lens are supplied by Corning glass, or by the Japanese. Could be it's just an ordinary piece of glass from a China supplier..

Hey dude! Did you just woke up from hibernation?? Please look at the date.

carboy00

Reaction score
My first experience with Xiaomi service centre was for my Redmi Note 3G, I bought it during the first sales when the phone launched and into the 2nd day I realised there was a massive scratch on the camera lens glass. Went down to the service centre immediately and was given one-to-one exchange for a new unit, personally I find their service good. Went down two more times for screen issues on the same Redmi Note 3G and a Redmi Note 4G unit I bought later on (Redmi Note displays were unfortunately notorious for being quite shoddy in quality), service was fast and gotten the phones back in 3 hours for both instances. Generally quite pleased with their service.

Late last month, sent in my family member's Redmi Note 3 in for servicing for screen burn-in, realised it has been outsourced and now a few brands are being serviced together, despite that service was good, gotten back the phone the next day.

Sometimes I do think we need to manage our expectations. Considering what I have paid for the phones, I am very happy with the service.

Sent from Xiaomi HM NOTE 1LTE using GAGT

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My first experience with Xiaomi service centre was for my Redmi Note 3G, I bought it during the first sales when the phone launched and into the 2nd day I realised there was a massive scratch on the camera lens glass. Went down to the service centre immediately and was given one-to-one exchange for a new unit, personally I find their service good. Went down two more times for screen issues on the same Redmi Note 3G and a Redmi Note 4G unit I bought later on (Redmi Note displays were unfortunately notorious for being quite shoddy in quality), service was fast and gotten the phones back in 3 hours for both instances. Generally quite pleased with their service.

Late last month, sent in my family member's Redmi Note 3 in for servicing for screen burn-in, realised it has been outsourced and now a few brands are being serviced together, despite that service was good, gotten back the phone the next day.

Sometimes I do think we need to manage our expectations. Considering what I have paid for the phones, I am very happy with the service.

Sent from Xiaomi HM NOTE 1LTE using GAGT

I just bought a Mi A1 phone yesterday.

You are right. For the price I paid, I won't expect top customer service experience.

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey dude! Did you just woke up from hibernation?? Please look at the date.
Thanks for the input. I'm aware of it. Just want to put the record straight regarding the said lens being made of plastic.
If it is indeed of plastic material, then it could be scratched easily. But no way it could be shattered like glass material.
This is very basic engineering knowledge yo..

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I'm aware of it. Just want to put the record straight regarding the said lens being made of plastic.
If it is indeed of plastic material, then it could be scratched easily. But no way it could be shattered like glass material.
This is very basic engineering knowledge yo..

Okay Cool!

Igene

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I do agree some of their servicing officer pretty damn rude...

BlackWing1977

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just went there yesterday to send my Xiaomi Max 2 for repair.. as battery bloated... and it was under warranty as I bought it last year Nov... so far the lady say dun need to pay anything leh.... and nobody was there... so it was quick.

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
I just went there yesterday to send my Xiaomi Max 2 for repair.. as battery bloated... and it was under warranty as I bought it last year Nov... so far the lady say dun need to pay anything leh.... and nobody was there... so it was quick.
XM devices, the battery & phone accessories are under local warranty support for only 6 months nia. Means you gonna pay for this job bro .... for both parts & labor charges, unless there are unusual exceptions.

Last edited:

WhiteAnt

Banned
Reaction score
Ts should get iphone. Expensive phone sure got expensive customer service :o

kelvinth

Reaction score
Previously, I sent my Max 1 for repair cos the volume button broken. Still under warranty, got it fixed within an hour. Overall, still peasant experience.

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
Ts should get iphone. Expensive phone sure got expensive customer service :o
But Apple seems like gonna die soon. Ownself buy back ownself's shares in order to support her own share price.
Really is in a very pathetic state of affairs.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
But Apple seems like gonna die soon. Ownself buy back ownself's shares in order to support her own share price.
Really is in a very pathetic state of affairs.

Oh gods no.. Apple would never die.

Controlling the amount of share can improve the value of the shares, it is common actually in the market for the company to buy back their share should they feel like their shares are undervalued or even just to control the amount out on the free market. Spending 23.5B their share prices increased and still with TONS of money left.

You actually learn this if you study or read up on why companies not only Apple does it

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score

Controlling the amount of share can improve the value of the shares, it is common actually in the market for the company to buy back their share should they feel like their shares are undervalued or even just to control the amount out on the free market. Spending 23.5B their share prices increased and still with TONS of money left.

You actually learn this if you study or read up on why companies not only Apple does it
Ok noted. But I think Apple is going to die in the years to come, just like Motorola, BlackBerry etc.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
Ok noted. But I think Apple is going to die in the years to come, just like Motorola, BlackBerry etc.

A trillion dollar company die? Yeah no.. Very very unlikely. There will always be iOS and MacOS. There will always be people on their ecosystem cause they are still kings at their customer support/post sale support/Privacy and belief for user data protection (This is steadily growing as a need now) and just outright better experience.

PS. Motorola is still not dead it just got bought by Lenovo. They are still selling phones.

Blackberry is also not dead. Low market presence does not mean they are dead. Blackberry lost their market as they were too slow to jump on the Android bandwagon and design. Insisting on their keyboards only made them lose their appeal along with carrier/telco with a certain blackberry line plan that they must use, makes it not consumer friendly to be paying more for a smaller ecosystem.

Now BBM and their services no longer need their special encrypted data plans and exist on Android but it is a little too late.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Even if Apple stops selling iphones, their revenues from other services are way more than what our biggest local company can make.

Chances of LG or Sony exiting the smartphone market is higher.

chiaRH

Reaction score

Apple by now has too much of a market dominance and loyal fanbase to die. The macbook is now competing with dozens of clone products like XPS, Spectre, Zenbook... the macbook still sells. The iphone is now competing with samsung, LG, oneplus, huawei... the the iPhone still sells. That's not what a dying company looks like.

Also have to consider that Motorola Blackberry downfall came because apple made the iphone and usher in the smartphone era, upheaving the industry. Without a similar future upheaval to make the smartphone a obsolete commodity, Apple is going nowhere. iPhones are here to stay and here to continue being Apple's rice bowl.

Also a company doing share buyback is not evidence that the company is dying. Eg. Dell in 2013

Last edited:

fergsu

Reaction score
Haha just came back from Mcare to RMA my one week old A2 lite for phantom touches. The environment doesn't seem too promising to me lol. The staff look face black black hahaha.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Apple die once before, if you are old enough to know apple history.

So answer is you never know. Apple is not a hardware company. All their hardware depend on their supplier.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.