[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got an old Macbook Air (late-2013 model) which recently had a dead battery.

Would you guys recommend sending it back to Apple to repair ($188), or is it cheaper/ easy to DIY?

DIY batt pretty cheap in Shopee. comes with e screwdrivers too.

madcampus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got an old Macbook Air (late-2013 model) which recently had a dead battery.

Would you guys recommend sending it back to Apple to repair ($188), or is it cheaper/ easy to DIY?

YouTube is a good source to learn all kinds of DIY tutorial. Changing battery for older MacBooks is easy.

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Macbook Air 13" Y2019 (MBAIR 13.3/1.6GHZ/16GB/512GB) and was wondering if it is possible to output to 2 external monitors for display. I do not intend to use the laptop screen while using the 2 external monitors display. If so, how can I go about doing this? Thanks for your guidance.

clokwerk0

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Macbook Air 13" Y2019 (MBAIR 13.3/1.6GHZ/16GB/512GB) and was wondering if it is possible to output to 2 external monitors for display. I do not intend to use the laptop screen while using the 2 external monitors display. If so, how can I go about doing this? Thanks for your guidance.

Your MBA supports
  • Up to two external displays with 4096-by-2304 resolution at up to 60Hz
On how to achieve the above depends on the external monitors that you have in mind.

If you‘re connecting MBA to both monitors via HDMI/DP, you’ll need to connect at least one monitor through an external hub/dock with HDMI or DP port and support for power delivery.

If you have a monitor that support USB-C display connection with power delivery, than can forego the external hub.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.