2011 MacBook Pro, Safe Mode and Login Issue

nethdale

Reaction score
My kid's MB displays "safe mode" when it powers up. After powering up, the build in keyboard seems to lock all keys to be "capital letter", as a result, we need an external USB to type in the password to gain accesses to the MB. Any solution to this? Thanks in advance?

nethdale

Reaction score

Hi, not very sure about the version, OS X? Sorry. Will try the recovery steps now in link provided. Thank you very much. Very sian.

Just tried back when I was at step (4) it says select the Volume you wish to repair then click First Aid (Step 5) then Repair (Step 6). However, I can see on "Select a disk, volum, or image" but can't select it. Even I randomly select the "Macintosh HD" on the left hand box, I clicked "Verify" and details showed. What am I expected to see? The screen displays a series of history and it seems to say "The Volume Macintosh HD appears to be OK", is that all? After restarting, it is still in Safe Boot and I still cannot use the built in keyboard to input password. Thanks.

Last edited:

PetPet

Reaction score
Try a PRAM Reset.
If all else fails, I'll suggest bringing it down to Apple for them to have a look.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.