Apple Retail Store in Singapore?

chris888222

Reaction score
Even though authorised resellers and service providers are unlikely to go anytime soon, I hope this gives them a wake up call to stop using cheap tactics such as forced bundle purchases and step up their game.

Hopefully Apple opens more stores in the region/Singapore so that people need not rely on authorised providers as much.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4 storey including basement but basement will not be open to public.

UPDATE: There will only be a total of 3 storey but only 2 storey are open to public. The 2nd storey will be like a floating mezzanine with 2 staircase on each side.

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: There will only be a total of 3 storey but only 2 storey are open to public. The 2nd storey will be like a floating mezzanine with 2 staircase on each side.
I think you are either working there or the contractor LOL

chris888222

Reaction score

Looks like the first floor will be really high then.

Thanks for the insider info!

chris888222

Reaction score
Apple Orchard Road is up on Apple Maps.

Not much info on it however.

IMG_0159.png

chris888222

Reaction score
Two stories, floating mezzanine with 2 staircases by the side...

And this popped up at Apple Retail's page. I think Singapore's store will look similar to this?

81bfc5fa-0651-4dc6-897f-f71c8b4ec8ed.png

Last edited:

xttxtt

Reaction score
I've been waiting for an Apple Store here for many years already.

me too. everytime i go to an apple store overseas, i always wished we have one here.
been to the ones in US and japan and the service is impeccable.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
me too. everytime i go to an apple store overseas, i always wished we have one here.
been to the ones in US and japan and the service is impeccable.

Honestly, I've never stepped to any Apple Store when overseas as I don't specifically go there. I've always been impressed by Apple's customer service, even their online chat service which I recently did. They will go all the way to ensure your issue is fully resolved.

So I presume the high cost of Apple products can also be justified through their customer service which in fact to me, is worth it. :)

LonelyMan

Master Member
Reaction score
Even though authorised resellers and service providers are unlikely to go anytime soon, I hope this gives them a wake up call to stop using cheap tactics such as forced bundle purchases and step up their game.

Hopefully Apple opens more stores in the region/Singapore so that people need not rely on authorised providers as much.

It's not even the forced bundle that is worrying. It is the charges and irresponsible diagnosis they have to unnecessarily charge customers for repair post warranty where simple replacement of certain parts is enough while they replaced many parts for much more money.

chris888222

Reaction score
It's not even the forced bundle that is worrying. It is the charges and irresponsible diagnosis they have to unnecessarily charge customers for repair post warranty where simple replacement of certain parts is enough while they replaced many parts for much more money.

Sadly this is true.

I went to alab recently and asked for a quote to replace my late 2012 rMBP battery. They told me it will be $400 or so BEFORE labour costs. I highly doubt Apple will charge so exorbitantly for a battery replacement.

LonelyMan

Master Member
Reaction score
Sadly this is true.

I went to alab recently and asked for a quote to replace my late 2012 rMBP battery. They told me it will be $400 or so BEFORE labour costs. I highly doubt Apple will charge so exorbitantly for a battery replacement.

I know a source that charge reasonably and is experienced enough to do it. PM me if you still need to compare the price.

akrguy

Reaction score
Sadly this is true.

Definitely not. Apple US charges $199 before tax for 13-inch/15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display. Pricing (converted back to USD) in other countries differ mainly due to tax rates and exchange rate fluctuations. In SG, the replacement would cost around S$298 with 7% GST.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Two stories, floating mezzanine with 2 staircases by the side...

And this popped up at Apple Retail's page. I think Singapore's store will look similar to this?

81bfc5fa-0651-4dc6-897f-f71c8b4ec8ed.png

It will be similar to this but the staircase is not glass anymore and it's curved up.

Trees as usual, it will be seen outside and inside the store (mostly at mezzanine). The pots are patented by apple (if you didn't know) and the leather on the pots are made by a luxury brand (make a guess).

chris888222

Reaction score
I know a source that charge reasonably and is experienced enough to do it. PM me if you still need to compare the price.

Thanks for the offer. Maybe I'll wait for a while more cos the battery isn't completely dying yet (maybe I'm just paranoid or so, cos coconut battery shows health as normal but the battery drains really quick).

I was at alab getting my lightning cable replacement at CCP and I asked them how much would it cost to replace the battery of my rMBP. I expected a figure nearer to 300 for everything. In the end I was shocked when the staff told me before labour it will be close to 400. The staff even gave me the face when she knew I was just asking. :/

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.