how to watch netflix in Singapore ?

Sorcerer84

Reaction score
Just got my NetFlix a/c setup last night with StrongVPN.
I'm on M1 Home Fibre 100Mbps with Huawei RG.
Confirm that NetFlix don't need USA Credit Card or Billing Address but u need a US ZipCode (just google for 1).
Used my visa debit card no problem.

The only complain is that my connection kept dropping but the 24/7 StrongVPN support was very good. They switched my VPN server a couple of times an managed to get 1 with a stable connection.

My conclusion: M1 Fiber 100Mbps is gg at my area especially overseas traffic towards US/Europe.

mlwang

Master Member
Reaction score
can i configure it on apple tv?

For apple tv to work, you need to have a router that support DD-WRT and subscribe to a VPN service such as Strong VPN or Hidemyass.

I am using ATV2, MioTV wireless modem/router, connect another Cisco router that support DD-WRT to the MioTV, use Hidemyass configuration, and then connect my ATV2 to Cisco router.

You need some firmware hacking on the router, google DD-WRT.

I used it to watch some free US TV series, the connection speed is Singtel 6MBPS BB, sometime there is a lag with the video, have to buffer, but the wait is bearable for less than 30 seconds.

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For apple tv to work, you need to have a router that support DD-WRT and subscribe to a VPN service such as Strong VPN or Hidemyass.

I am using ATV2, MioTV wireless modem/router, connect another Cisco router that support DD-WRT to the MioTV, use Hidemyass configuration, and then connect my ATV2 to Cisco router.

I used it to watch some free US TV series, the connection speed is Singtel 6MBPS BB, sometime there is a lag with the video, have to buffer, but the wait is bearable for less than 30 seconds.

what is the configuration for the 2nd router to make it in the same subnet ?

berber

Master Member
Reaction score
VPN can also be set up on iPad to watch Netflix right?

Last edited:

DAREN771

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried following this guide?
Any idea what they mean by VPN files indicated in step 2?
Setting up a VPN : FireCore Support

If this method works, won't need to configure a router no?

i believe it is only applicable to lst gen of apple tv...not the 2nd gen. The processor of 2nd gen is not very powerful or else vpn streaming of flash videos can be done on it. Then again apple does not like flash...most streaming sites are using flash.

mlwang

Master Member
Reaction score
Tried using the guide I flashed the tp link to dd wrt and it cannot connect to the iTunes and home share any ideas ?

After flashing the firmware, you still need to subscribe to Hidemyass or Strong VPN, they have a step by step instruction after your payment to guide you how to configure your new dd-wrt enabled router.

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Which router u using ?

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am trying out the strongvpn and very impressive with it

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cisco Linksys wrt610n, old model, think replaced bv e2000 or e3000.

Found another website that you can enable you to watch netflix:

https://www.unotelly.com/

this is easier to configure as using DNS, no need to hack firmware whatsoever.

This service does not work in Singapore

UnoAgent replied:
Hi David,

I apologize for this. Currently, Singapore users are not able to use UnoDNS because of Singapore ISPs are blocking our service.

mlwang

Master Member
Reaction score
This service does not work in Singapore

UnoAgent replied:
Hi David,

I apologize for this. Currently, Singapore users are not able to use UnoDNS because of Singapore ISPs are blocking our service.

bumper, no wonder i tried today, and my IPs is still Singnet.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.