[Qns] notifications on apple watch

Midnight1987

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys

when im using the apple watch, all notification goes to the watch when the phone is locked.

how to make the phone have notification concurrently with the watch?
if not i think very easy will miss messages and stuff like that

PetPet

Reaction score
You can't.
You'll only get notifications on your watch when you're wearing it.
Your phone will ring instead, if you're not wearing your watch

palmtungsten

Reaction score
guys

when im using the apple watch, all notification goes to the watch when the phone is locked.

I have the same question as you and no one answer my question

After buying Apple watch and Google online, i can receive notification (eg iMessage, whatsapp, etc) via both iPhone and Apple watch concurrently with changes in one setting . Reason for doing that is the vibration and alert tone for incoming notification for Apple watch is very weak and very soft to be felt in wrist and heard.

To receive notification concurrently, you need to disable wrist detection. After disabling "wrist detection" from the settings, the "activation on wrist raise" will still work.

Now I hear alert tone from iPhone and then look at Apple watch for incoming notification

Disable wrist detection will affect accurate monitoring for health related activities on Apple watch.

My priority is receiving notification and health monitoring is secondary. So I decide to disable "wrist detection" so as to receive notifications concurrently

Last edited:

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Usually I miss my phone notification and apple watch works well for me. Any good solution?

palmtungsten

Reaction score
Usually I miss my phone notification and apple watch works well for me. Any good solution?

Check your watch time more frequently since it is already on your wrist. :)

Seriously, I have no solution. I can rely on iPhone alert tone for notification as at now

ianfann

Reaction score
guys

Bro, with Apple it is either this or that. You can't have both. You want flexibility I suggest you take a look at the Samsung gear watch. OR you could just live with what is being offered by Apple.

On a brighter side, maybe WatchOs2 (coming out in fall) will enable that feature.

spidercyj

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro, with Apple it is either this or that. You can't have both. You want flexibility I suggest you take a look at the Samsung gear watch. OR you could just live with what is being offered by Apple.

On a brighter side, maybe WatchOs2 (coming out in fall) will enable that feature.

I've got a question

If i enable only 10 apps that can send me notification on my phone, i understand that apple watch by default enables all notification to the watch.

This all notification are notification that are currently enabled on phone right?

Lets say out of this initial 10 that is enabled on my phone, i enable only 5 that goes to my watch. Does the other 5 still show up on my phone then?

I'm getting my watch this evening so i can experiment with it tonight but if anyone can reply before i get it that would be great :D

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.