HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Those thinking of getting Apple Watch. Think twice!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2016, 11:35 AM   #16
wwf

This is the major headache that I am thinking, Apple Watch will be hard to resell, so the resell value is very Low unlike iphone.

Then even consider upgrading every two year also quite taxing as the price very high for a watch.
I think hard to wear beyond 4year as the battery will wear out by then and the design will be outdated unlike a mechanical watch.
wwf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 05:32 PM   #17
Arch-Supremacy Member

This is the major headache that I am thinking, Apple Watch will be hard to resell, so the resell value is very Low unlike iphone.

Then even consider upgrading every two year also quite taxing as the price very high for a watch.
I think hard to wear beyond 4year as the battery will wear out by then and the design will be outdated unlike a mechanical watch.
u buy is for design or for its function?
is hard for both to coexist.

just like patek philippe , u dun wear tat to go jogging rite? an iphone 4 can last beyond 4yrs. nt sure why u dun tink aw can last less than tat. is there any proven record tat it cant last?

as for upgrade, upgrade fone nt taxing? upgrade watch which cost less than fone is more taxing? simi sai logic is tat? those can afford to upgrade, by all means upgrade. noone is taking a knife at ur throat, and force u to do upgrade leh.

im just a mere new aw2 owner and im happy abt it. i gt a garmin watch, but on gps damn fugging slow to locate and it ugly to wear them out. i do not need precise gps, as long error nt tat big, im pretty to have aw2. somemore can change strap and wear them out. beats garmin watch x2. everybody has their own preference, some like garmin watch some like mechanical and some likes apple watch. i just tok abt wat i like and dun like. no nee thrash me if u feel different.
cwsamuel likes this.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:07 AM   #18

second that!
karung-guni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2016, 10:54 PM   #19
Supremacy Member

If everything think about resale, then v sian liao...

trd2970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 09:26 AM   #20
Master Member

actually for true aw fans, we dun tink about resale value. the watch itself is $600+ for gen 1 previously, i am still using it on a daily basis even if i go overseas. previously i bought screen protector and case but dun like the look of it and wore it naked since..smore i am a "chor lo" person, bump here and there but screen still looks ok. very minor scratches and i can easily change strap but currently sticking to a 3rd party butterfly clip strap..looks like original but not as good la..nv once did i tink of upgrading to 2nd gen. so i tink chao chao can last me a good 3 years or 4. i also play pokemon go on the aw daily to earn steps...
rza29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.