Motherboard warranty?

SECTORTWO

Reaction score
I was wondering if I could do a RMA for my faulty motherboard if I lost my receipt. I still have the box with the serial number and all if there's a way of verifying from that.

It's a locally purchased Z77 Sabertooth (which says on the box has a 5 year warranty with Ban Leong).

S/N: C2M0AD174433

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
you should check with Ban Leong directly.

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
I was wondering if I could do a RMA for my faulty motherboard if I lost my receipt. I still have the box with the serial number and all if there's a way of verifying from that.

It's a locally purchased Z77 Sabertooth (which says on the box has a 5 year warranty with Ban Leong).

S/N: C2M0AD174433

Hello SECTORTWO,

Just checked your serial number on my end, it seems that your warranty has ended on FEB 2015. I do not think you will be able to RMA with Ban Leong without a receipt as they will not be able to verify. ><

Thank you.

SECTORTWO

Reaction score
Hello SECTORTWO,

Just checked your serial number on my end, it seems that your warranty has ended on FEB 2015. I do not think you will be able to RMA with Ban Leong without a receipt as they will not be able to verify. ><

Thank you.

Hi, if I'm not wrong, the product was only available on the market in 2012. The box clearly says that it is covered with a 5 year TUF warranty which would mean that the warranty should be only ending next year.

This is a photo that I took on the day I purchased it back on 26 April 2012 ($781 from PC Themes apparently based on my photo caption). The "5 year warranty" sticker can clearly be seen at the top left corner...twice.

469294_3704996260263_317149389_o.jpg

Last edited:

SECTORTWO

Reaction score
Just to update.

Sent in the motherboard to BL on Friday morning. They accepted it without the receipt after checking the serial number (maybe because this model has been around a shorter time than the warranty period).

Tested on the spot and confirm that the PCI-E slot is dead (along with one of the Q-Fans).

4-6 weeks for replacement.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.