RT-N66U speed capped at 2-300mbps

krash

Reaction score
Hi Asus,

When my pc is plugged in directly to my modem, i am able to achieve close to 1gbps speeds, but when connected to the RT-N66U it is capped.

I have tested both before factory reset and after. the results are the same, roughly 2-300 mbps on all singapore speed test servers.

My asus rt-n66u is currently on firmware 3.0.0.4.378.6117 (previously it was the latest stable version)

Do you have any known solutions to this? The router was working fine when i first bought it from myrepublic.

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
ASUS RT-N66U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.7410
- Release Note -

Security fixes
- Fixed CSRF and XSS vulnerability when router is in default status (user does not set the router yet)

New features
- Added client list view button on network map and help administrator easily monitor all client connection status.
- Added the question feedback in Administration -> Feedback
- Added new DDNS provider www.oray.com

Bug fixes
- Fixed GUI related issues
- Fixed login issue when router’s IP is 10.x.x.x
- Fixed parental control-> time scheduling related issue.
- Fixed network tool related issues.
- Improved media server response time when new file added.
- Fixed network map UI issue when selected French.
- Added stateful server in IPv6
- Fixed the saving issue in OpenVPN server -> content modification of keys & certification.

Download: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-N66U_B1/FW_RT_N66U_30043787410.zip

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.