Using RT-AC86U to replace Singtel PACE router

ILuvHiDef

Reaction score
Hi JK,

I recently bought an Asus RT-AC86U router. I tried to replace my PACE router but not able to connect to the internet. I read that Singtel use VLAN tagging and that I need to call Singtel to untag it. But the Singtel technical support said Singtel doesn't need to do anything. He asked me to ask Asus if something needs to be done on the Asus router.

I read in this thread for RT-N56U router (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/a...center-336/singtel-1gbps-rt-n56u-4810347.html) that OP needs to call Singtel customer service to provide them with the router MAC address. I am not sure if the same applies to my router that I need to call Singtel to provide them with my router MAC address.

For your info, I am using latest firmware:
ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.376.1663

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi JK,

I recently bought an Asus RT-AC86U router. I tried to replace my PACE router but not able to connect to the internet. I read that Singtel use VLAN tagging and that I need to call Singtel to untag it. But the Singtel technical support said Singtel doesn't need to do anything. He asked me to ask Asus if something needs to be done on the Asus router.

I read in this thread for RT-N56U router (SingTel 1Gbps and RT-N56U - www.hardwarezone.com.sg) that OP needs to call Singtel customer service to provide them with the router MAC address. I am not sure if the same applies to my router that I need to call Singtel to provide them with my router MAC address.

For your info, I am using latest firmware:
ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.376.1663

Thanks for your help.

Dear ILuvHiDef,

Which Singtel plan are you using?

Best regard,
JK

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
150 Mbps Singtel Fibre. No MioTV. With phone voice but not using that.

Dear ILuvHiDef,

Singtel 150mbps plan do not require to provide Singtel your router Mac address.

You need to set Singtel - Other on your profile.

Singtel -MIO profile settings:
l--Port1--> Computer
l--Port2--> Computer
l--Port3--> 2Wire --> mioVoice
l--Port4--> mioTV

Singtel- Other profile settings:
l--Port1--> Computer
l--Port2--> Computer
l--Port3--> Computer
l--Port4--> mioTV

Please download below guide
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m6cj73yrn8arhzo/ASUS Router Setup Guide-1.docx?dl=0

Best regard,
JK

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.