Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #31

enq on RAM upgrade

Hi there,

i have a Essentio CM6830,
currently the RAM is of 4GB DDR3 RAM,
the desktop is still under warranty,
Would like to know how should i proceed for the upgrading of the RAM itself to 8GB ?
Old 07-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #32

Hi, I just bought the asus k55dr laptop in june.

Have already experienced several BSOD, and today just encountered another problem, which is power on laptop but there is no display. Only after about 5 repeated attempts did the laptop work well again.

Can i send in the laptop to service center?
Old 08-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #33

If your computer warrenty expired, you can get your pc repaired at Sim Lim Square computer services Singapore. The center not only help you repair your ASUS pc, notebook, other brand also can.

Last edited by shallwechen; 08-08-2012 at 06:14 PM..
Old 08-08-2012, 11:02 PM   #34

Dear Asus,

My 2 month old Slate B121 was giving me the same problem again this despite sending in for repair 3 times. Not only lots of time have been wasted by monetary lost as well.

This also adds on to the empty promise from the CSO... despite calling Asus 4 times on monday and tuesday, (and no one picking up the phone on "service update" hotline)
and 3 empty PROMISE where the customer service informed me that I will received a call on tuesday before 12, 2pm and 6 pm respectively, I hadn't receive any calls until now.

This trouble caused me to have to find alternative notebook at the last minute for this presentation of mine. These are the customer service representative I've spoken to

Carol
Kimi
Yuan Chong

Despite showing the engineers the video that the top right corner of my slate would “click” on its own, Asus engineers simply reinstall my OS the first time and mother board the second time. I had even asked for my panel to be replaced but it was not replaced at all.

I decided to trust Asus when I collected back slate without insisting of changing the panel when CSO BEN had Guarantee me that it is working. Now the same problem occurred despite his promised.

I have already had a lot of stress and since purchase of this slate. I am not able to work properly, wasted lots of time waiting at Asus service centre, installing and customizing my slate and such. I have even since brought a screen protector. So if Asus is finally going to replace my panel, is Asus ok to purchase my screen protector as well?

Please refer to my dropbox for all the “empty” Asus promise and this is my S/N BAOKAS075184

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b29c1no9cf...T_64157917.3gp

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5p09qsdw7u8s6sg/ONo2N3jTEK

Pls advice.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #35

how long will it take for ASUS to service my laptop? it keeps overheating, need to clear the dust and do a thermal repaste. i'm going overseas and need it serviced urgently.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #36

(please refer to my previous post on this thread)

Asus, from your facebook posting,
https://www.facebook.com/asus.sg?ref=ts

you have deliberately ignored my post and replied to someone else. May I ask for Asus to get back to me before 3.00 pm tomorrow (I will not be reachable afterwards). Else, pls note that I will proceed to Small claim Tribunals thereafter with the proof of your officer claims that it is working well and all the phone calls where your CSO said "guarantee the problems is solved"

http://postimage.org/image/noyk7gi6n/

Also, I will send an email to the following:
Primary contact

Godwin Yan
Senior Director of Operations
godwin_yan@asus.com
(510) 739-3777, extension: 4519

Secondary contact

Jonney Shih
Chairman
jonney_shih@asus.com.tw
(510) 739-3777

Chief executive(*)

Jerry Shen
CEO
Jerry_Shen@asus.com.tw
(510) 739-3777

support@asus.com
customersupport@asus.com
complaints@asus.com
rma@asus.com
Jerry_Shen@asus.com.tw
tsd@csc.asus.com.tw
gladys_mellema@asus.com
info@asus.com.tw
frank_yu@asus.com.cn
nfo-usa@asus.com.tw
tsd@asus.com
linda_chen@asus.com.tw
sirirat_s@asus.com.tw
Eric_Xu@asus.com.cn
rohan_kadam@asus.com.tw
GreenASUS@asus.com.tw
Roy_Chong@asus.com.tw
kittithida_p@asus.com.tw
rebmastew@asus.com.tw
hr@asustek.co.uk
ramesh_sundarrajan@asus.com.tw
Jack_Huang@asus.com.tw
Alex_Hwu@asus.com.tw
Chihwei_Chen@asus.com.tw
Apple1_Wu@asustek.com.cn
Kitty1_Liu@asustek.com.cn
App**_Xu@asustek.com.cn
Hendry_Huang@asus.com.tw
Ruru1*_Xu@asustek.com.cn
adm_uk@asus.com
ellis_wang@asus.co.tw
ellis_wang@asus.com.tw
support@asus.com.tw
peter_butler@asus.com
Shawn_Chang@asus.com
Joe_Hsieh@asus.com.tw
Leon_Yu@asus.co.tw
henry_yeh@asus.com.tw
andrew_tsui@asus.co.tw
jonney_shih@asus.com
jonney_shih@asus.com.tw
carmen_li@asus.com
william_oneal@asus.com
Sherry_Wu@asus.com.tw

Last edited by _YM84_; 10-08-2012 at 08:06 AM..
Old 15-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #37
Hardware Clinic, ASUS eCustomer Service Center

how long will it take for ASUS to service my laptop? it keeps overheating, need to clear the dust and do a thermal repaste. i'm going overseas and need it serviced urgently.
replied you.

Services support for component, server, networking, gaming accessories, audio, monitor, projector, media player, vivo PC, chromebox and GR8. For more information, visit http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/as...s-3367084.html

ASUS Hardware Club
Old 15-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #38

(please refer to my previous post on this thread)

Asus, from your facebook posting,
https://www.facebook.com/asus.sg?ref=ts

you have deliberately ignored my post and replied to someone else. May I ask for Asus to get back to me before 3.00 pm tomorrow (I will not be reachable afterwards). Else, pls note that I will proceed to Small claim Tribunals thereafter with the proof of your officer claims that it is working well and all the phone calls where your CSO said "guarantee the problems is solved"

View image: Untitled

Also, I will send an email to the following:
Primary contact

Godwin Yan
Senior Director of Operations
godwin_yan@asus.com
(510) 739-3777, extension: 4519

Secondary contact

Jonney Shih
Chairman
jonney_shih@asus.com.tw
(510) 739-3777

Chief executive(*)

Jerry Shen
CEO
Jerry_Shen@asus.com.tw
(510) 739-3777

support@asus.com
customersupport@asus.com
complaints@asus.com
rma@asus.com
Jerry_Shen@asus.com.tw
tsd@csc.asus.com.tw
gladys_mellema@asus.com
info@asus.com.tw
frank_yu@asus.com.cn
nfo-usa@asus.com.tw
tsd@asus.com
linda_chen@asus.com.tw
sirirat_s@asus.com.tw
Eric_Xu@asus.com.cn
rohan_kadam@asus.com.tw
GreenASUS@asus.com.tw
Roy_Chong@asus.com.tw
kittithida_p@asus.com.tw
rebmastew@asus.com.tw
hr@asustek.co.uk
ramesh_sundarrajan@asus.com.tw
Jack_Huang@asus.com.tw
Alex_Hwu@asus.com.tw
Chihwei_Chen@asus.com.tw
Apple1_Wu@asustek.com.cn
Kitty1_Liu@asustek.com.cn
App**_Xu@asustek.com.cn
Hendry_Huang@asus.com.tw
Ruru1*_Xu@asustek.com.cn
adm_uk@asus.com
ellis_wang@asus.co.tw
ellis_wang@asus.com.tw
support@asus.com.tw
peter_butler@asus.com
Shawn_Chang@asus.com
Joe_Hsieh@asus.com.tw
Leon_Yu@asus.co.tw
henry_yeh@asus.com.tw
andrew_tsui@asus.co.tw
jonney_shih@asus.com
jonney_shih@asus.com.tw
carmen_li@asus.com
william_oneal@asus.com
Sherry_Wu@asus.com.tw
our engineer should have contacted you.

Services support for component, server, networking, gaming accessories, audio, monitor, projector, media player, vivo PC, chromebox and GR8. For more information, visit http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/as...s-3367084.html

ASUS Hardware Club
Old 15-08-2012, 09:45 PM   #39

Anyone here ever had an issue with your AC adaptor switching off on its own? I was charging it while doing my work without a battery in my K43 and it just switched off on its own.

Thought was the mobo that was too hot so let it rest a while. Later worked with my battery in and plugged in AC adaptor. About 3 hours later, laptop indicated low battery which meant that the AC was the issue.

Any ideas if this is covered under the warranty. Own so many different laptops, first time AC charger giving problems.
Hello edbe87,

Yes. Part and labour. If your laptop is still in warranty period, we will check and repair/change for you.

Please bring your adapter and notebook down to our service center

Thanks!

ASUS Hardware Club
Old 15-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #40

Hi, I bought an Asus X42JR laptop from the IT show in March last year and I think I didn't register the product, so is there any warranty for it?

Well there isn't really a problem, but the temperatures on my laptop are quite high and I'm concerned about it. I understand that the temperatures would increase during gaming, but even when it's idling, it's averaging around 70 degrees.

So I was wondering if I can bring my laptop there to solve the temperature problem and also to have a free reformat? And do I need to call the center before going down, or can I just straight away bring the laptop there?
Hello Cylencer,

No problem. We will either base it on your receipt (if you still keep it) or the date of manufacturer from your notebook S/N as warranty if you did not registered.

I suggest you can do a reformat yourself as our notebook does come with a free recovery. If i'm not wrong, just press F9 before entering Window OS for recovery.

If you want to check on the issues with the temperature of your notebook, i would suggest that you bring your notebook down to our service center for a check-up.

Thanks!

ASUS Hardware Club
Old 15-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #41

same problem here, no one pick up my call for notebook problem, got divert again and again until i reach a company that sell contact lenses??
Hello Wai,

I'm sorry, we just a shift in job role for forum management thus your post may be overlook.

Please kindly drop me a PM on your issue. I will expedite for you.

Thanks!

ASUS Hardware Club
Old 15-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #42

Hi,

I have a U36SG, it comes with a 500gb hdd, i want to change it to ssd, will it void my warranty? I understand that some prying needs to be done in order to change my harddisk.
Yes. warranty will be void.

ASUS Hardware Club
Old 15-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #43

I've a battery problem. My ASUS NX90 keeps showing "plugged in, not charging". Anyone has similiar problems or better still, a solution. The solutions i found on the internet requires me to remove the battery but my laptop's batt is built in
Hello kelvlow,

Please kindly bring your notebook and the battery to our service center. We will do a check and if it is the battery problem, we will change the battery for you. If you notebook is not within warranty, there may be charges incurred.

Thanks!

ASUS Hardware Club
Old 15-08-2012, 09:52 PM   #44

Thanks for the reply.
So can bring to your service center to upgrade to 8GB? How much will it cost and how long will it take?
Hello wiiplay,

We don't do ram upgrade in our service center. Sorry..

Thanks!

ASUS Hardware Club
Old 15-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #45

Hi, i bought a transformer pad tf300tg on 22 Jun as a birthday present for my kid. It has been giving us problems since the onset and i've been to the service centre 3 times (6 TIMES if you count the sending and collecting)

On 25 Jun, i sent the tablet to the service centre and asked for a possible 1-for-1 exchange (since it was meant to be a gift, and we hardly touched it as the problems came with the box). It was rejected outright.

I showed the service staff how the tablet flickers from screen to screen without any input and touch.

It took more than a week before the service centre said the tablet was repaired and for me to collect it back. I suspected it was a faulty touch screen, but i believe the service staff did little less than a hardware reset. They assured me the problem was fixed, but OBVIOUSLY IT WASN'T!

The second time i was down at the centre, the problem didn't surface there and then (you know how it goes; when you want it to show, if wouldn't show). I was turned back, since they wouldn't accept my verbal description. They said it's probably due to the apps i installed and told me to:
-- reset the tablet myself
-- install 1 app, monitor for a few days, before installing other apps

OBVIOUSLY IT DIDN'T WORK AGAIN

I did a reset and the screen was flickering again (before i even installed a single app!)

I video-recorded all the anamolies and showed it to the service centre on my third try. After collecting the tablet again on 26 Jul -- they told me they replaced some rubber parts and reset the hardware.

I asked them if they're sure this time round that it has been totally fixed. A resounding YES, followed assurances that they have done thorough testing.

As it was 7.30pm and after closing hours, i left it as it is.

Guess what?

THE SAME PROBLEM resurfaces 10 mins after my kid got a hold on it at home.

I'm at the end of the tethers; it's a TOTAL WASTE OF MY TIME (i have to wait on average 1 hour each time, not to mention the leave taken, the time to travel there) and MONEY!

WHAT ELSE CAN I DO NOW??

(Throw it into the rubbish, said my 8-year old boy ...)
Replied your other thread in our forum.

ASUS Hardware Club
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.