accomdation in gold coast

travellover

Reaction score
Hello,

As is my first time going gold coast, any kind soul can recommend stay?
And also which site did you all book your stay? Thank you.

kevin301

Reaction score
Hello,

As is my first time going gold coast, any kind soul can recommend stay?
And also which site did you all book your stay? Thank you.

AirBnB has many listings. I'd probably go with that.
I see that you're intending to use public transport, so location could be quite critical. I don't have a particular place to recommend, though I'd suggest someplace within 2km of Surfers Paradise main beach, and close to the light rail or bus stop. Use Google Maps during your accommodation search.

Good luck!

kevin301

Reaction score
Just curious: why did you choose Gold Coast instead of say... Perth, Sydney, Melbourne? :)

travellover

Reaction score
Hi kevin301,

Cos the other 2 of my gf went Sydney and Perth before, that is why this trip we choose gold coast.

yeah, we also thinking to book our stay via airbnb. The only problem is not sure whether is safe as this trip will be all girls only.

Just curious: why did you choose Gold Coast instead of say... Perth, Sydney, Melbourne? :)

kevin301

Reaction score
Hi kevin301,

Cos the other 2 of my gf went Sydney and Perth before, that is why this trip we choose gold coast.

yeah, we also thinking to book our stay via airbnb. The only problem is not sure whether is safe as this trip will be all girls only.

I've only made use of AirBnB twice before (Kyoto and Bali) and both times turned out OK. 2/2 is a good start but not really conclusive.
Depending on which month you go, it may also be OK to book a serviced apartment. Try the usual booking sites like agoda, booking.com, wotif, etc. If price is similar to AirBnb, might as well just go with a regular hotel operator, no? :)

Personally I feel that Gold Coast is quite tough to get around by public transport. The city is pretty spread out and public transport isn't that great, though it is slowly improving.

lastkopek

Reaction score
Since you taking public. Stay at surfers paradise. Try to get those hotel or airbnb near the main road. If hotel can try vibe hotel. For airbnb can consider those at q1 or chevron.since schoolies week is over i think should be fine to stay in surfers.

bubblepop

Reaction score
I second Vibe Hotel Gold Coast too! stayed in Aqua View room. The room is very big! had sea view too. forgotten whether I had a free upgrade. It is walking distance to the beach and opp there's Woolsworth supermarket. quite a central location.

dilphinus

Banned
Reaction score
Hi kevin301,

Why do you think Gold Coast is not safe?

nashrul91

Reaction score
I'm going gold coast too and we're(2 of us) renting a car. Any really cheap place to recommend? Dont mind the location as long got roof and bed. 😀

lastkopek

Reaction score
I'm going gold coast too and we're(2 of us) renting a car. Any really cheap place to recommend? Dont mind the location as long got roof and bed. 😀

Since you are driving. Lots of options. I recondmend u to stay at broadbeach. Peacefull yet shot drive to surfers. Pacific fair mall is nearby. The beach is more peacefull.
Again depends on your budget, some bunglows near robina rental cost the same as the small apartment in surfers paradise.

nomoney25

Master Member
Reaction score

As long your accommodation is not sea view (usually min $300 a night for apartment) or along the surfer paradise beach. U are saving up to $150 a night for accommodation.

I stayed in paradise isle apartment which is located at chevron island. A short drive to surfer paradise. Like what u say , a roof over my head. (Cost about $100 a night ) If u choose to stay at hostel, even cheaper, maybe $40 to $60.

If u r not going for surfing and spending the whole trip on the beach . No need to stay so near the beach.

nashrul91

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing all.

Anw TS, i'"m going end of april to mid may, will it be around your time?

twiggies

Reaction score
Going GC in mid March n will take public tpt as won't be driving as not familiar on left hand drive..any advice to share for those who have been there n took public?

dilphinus

Banned
Reaction score
Going GC in mid March n will take public tpt as won't be driving as not familiar on left hand drive..any advice to share for those who have been there n took public?

You dont drive in sg?

Check out the qld transport website for the timetables. Fare is pretty expensive. There's off peak fares and also the day ticket. Info all readily available on the qld transport website. Just do a google search for it.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.