HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Car rental in Perth, Western Australia

Like Tree59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2009, 06:14 AM   #1

Car rental in Perth, Western Australia

Hi,

I'll be going on a holiday with my friends to Perth, WA soon. We intend to rent a car and drive around the city. However, none of us have a credit card. But we hold debit cards with mastercard/visa emblems. Does anyone knows what's the chances of us getting a rental car?

Does anyone know of any rental companies that accept debit cards? any nice firms to recommend?
sweattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 10:39 AM   #2
Master Member

Hi,

I'll be going on a holiday with my friends to Perth, WA soon. We intend to rent a car and drive around the city. However, none of us have a credit card. But we hold debit cards with mastercard/visa emblems. Does anyone knows what's the chances of us getting a rental car?

Does anyone know of any rental companies that accept debit cards? any nice firms to recommend?
debit card can be use as a credit card wad.. unless they die die ONLY credit cards

Last edited by darkdevil; 20-08-2009 at 10:41 AM..
darkdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 11:23 AM   #3

Chances that that they accept your debit card if you got sufficient money in your account for them to charge an extra few hundred dollars as a deposit. This is in case that you return the car damaged, or not enough fuel etc..
weehong21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 01:14 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

You can try either Bayswater car rental or another one just opp it M2000. Located in Perth city(160 Adelaide). Good rates! Try google for more info.

Tried both before. Depending on the season, price range from AUD160+ ~ 303 for a 1 week rental.

Last edited by mastermember; 20-08-2009 at 01:16 PM..
mastermember is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2009, 06:45 PM   #5
Master Member

Just a word of caution - before hiring a car and sign on the contract, make sure you read the T&C very carefully expecially the insurance and accident excess. Some car rental keep their rates very low but only good when you returned the car in good condition. You will have to pay a lot more the moment you involved in an accident.

I have a friend who hired from Bayswater and the windscreen got hit by a stone while driving down south, that's when he regretted big time. I use to hire from Bayswater because they were so cheap but nowadays only AVIS or Hertz.

Remember once I had a burst tyre when hiring from AVIS in Perth. They suppose to charge my excess but they just waived off the extra charge. No way for smaller rental companies to do that!
n2btg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 10:40 AM   #6

I think bottomline is that u know what u are paying for. I rented car in Queensland before and they told me clearly that i would need to pay for and damage to windscreen for stones or hailstorm.

For Bayswater, u can purchase the excess reduction for i think $5 a day. I think this also covers damages to windscreen. I hired from Bayswater when i was in Perth and i think the price is reasonably good. They dun really charge u for scratches on the car as they consider it wear and tear.
Old 26-08-2009, 01:37 AM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yeah i also have no problems with the 2 rental I used. End of the day, use the car responsibly and you should'nt have any problems.
mastermember is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009, 07:07 AM   #8
Master Member

normally just use credit card so they don't submit the deposit slip

but if you use a debit card for the deposit, you may end up paying for currency conversion. that will happen if when they swipe the card for the deposit, they actually deduct the amount (i.e. you pay the bank to buy AUD with SGD at the bank's conversion rate). Then when you return and they refund you the deposit, it will be in AUD (so you have to pay the bank to buy back SGD at the bank's rates).

depending on what the deposit is, it can be quite a bit of money.
jarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009, 10:31 PM   #9
Master Member

i like to use 'Budget' Car Rental for Aussie and NZ
leogeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 09:45 AM   #10

Yeah i also have no problems with the 2 rental I used. End of the day, use the car responsibly and you should'nt have any problems.

however with that being said, i do see a lot of complains on one particular car hire in Perth on the web on virtualtourist.com.

Most of the complains surrounds the fact that car are being scratch because of flying stone and they dun consider it wear and tear. At the end, they have to forfeit their deposit.

End of the day, do your research well before u decide on the car hire. U pay peanuts, u get monkey. HOwever In the case bayswaters car rental... u get pretty value even though u pay peanuts.

Last edited by weehong21; 27-08-2009 at 09:48 AM..
Old 27-08-2009, 02:01 PM   #11
Master Member

End of the day, do your research well before u decide on the car hire. U pay peanuts, u get monkey. HOwever In the case bayswaters car rental... u get pretty value even though u pay peanuts.
The last time I hired from Bayswater Subiaco I found cobwebs inside the car!!

I think their business is going downhill as the cars are getting old. Remember when I first rented from them like 5-6 years ago their cars are all brand new - so shiok when driving!
n2btg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #12

Bayswater car rental for me
Old 09-09-2009, 12:24 AM   #13

hi i've also recently booked tickets to perth for next year and am casually looking around for car hire deals. will be using the car in the city and down south (up to marg. river).

has anyone hired car with any of these mentioned companies recently and favour it?

excited to see some old friends and tasting at the vineyards... !!!
achtung02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:41 AM   #14

M2000 for me .. i used them . rented a Nissan Tilda/latio during my last trip in perth in Dec last yr..
great services. and not to mentioned prices are good ..
go around the city.. the car rental coy are all situated close to each other ..
Cheepoozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:30 PM   #15

thanks man!!!!!!!!!!
achtung02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.