Darwin

Golfer

Reaction score
Is Darwin a nice place to visit? Seems like most people go to Gold Coast, Sydney, Perth and Melbourne. Hardly anything on Darwin.

Been to Gold Coast and Sydney before. Wondering if should visit Darwin. Any advice?

kevin301

Reaction score
Is Darwin a nice place to visit? Seems like most people go to Gold Coast, Sydney, Perth and Melbourne. Hardly anything on Darwin.

Been to Gold Coast and Sydney before. Wondering if should visit Darwin. Any advice?

Not many flights go there! :)
I think it's generally cheaper to fly to the major cities due to more competition among the airlines.
I visited many many years ago, and I vaguely recall it feeling more laid back than the other cities. If you enjoy the movie Crocodile Dundee, you'll probably like the Northern Territory ;) (over-generalization, of course!)

kevin301

Reaction score
Jetstar having promo now. So wondering if it's a nice place to visit.

I see...

Well, it really depends what you're intending to see.
From what I remember, the whole vibe is even more laid back. The people are very friendly.
The landscape is more brown and arid, but also quite charming.

What I often do is search photography websites like Flickr or 500px and see some of the landscape photos for an idea of what it's like.

juxtaposition

Reaction score
Darwin thread is dead.

I’m here and is pretty nice. Idky so many homeless here cause really a lot than I usually see. Then Google says NT here has the highest concentration of homeless. :eek:

xLdGDEz.jpg

GXlQhpd.jpg

Ztk4PqE.jpg

AyTlKMj.jpg

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was in Darwin in Feb 2016 and loved the serenity of the place.
The service apartment came with a rental car and I drove around using Google maps.
Also went to Litchfield national park.
It was grueling as it was hot and I had to climb up a rocky hill which was 2.6 km long.

The food there, esp the seafood was not fresh.
Surprising considering Darwin is a port!
Food was also expensive.

I spent 5 days there and it was sufficient.

I went to the nearby supermarkets and noticed a few people sleeping by the roadside and some were just hanging around outside the supermarket.
I guess they must be the homeless.

The roads were pretty deserted.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.