HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

llooking for travel buddy on a working holiday

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2014, 12:13 PM   #16

singaporeans cannot apply for the Oz's working holiday visa.
Keep this in mind, I have been living in Australia as a PR for about 6 years now and when I tried to apply for a working holiday visa to Japan/Korea I was reject as only Australian citizens have this agreement with the other countries, the same applies for foreigners looking to come into Australia or NZ.

Singapore is not on this list.

FYI the visa mentioned in asingaporeanson blog is something different and is no longer available since the 2013 immigration rule change. (to the best of my knowledge)

What you can however apply for is a working visa, but keep in mind there are quite alot of requirements you will need to meet before you will be granted that visa. (Some quite impossible, like a sponsor)

Good luck with the application
Arashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 10:18 AM   #17

I had did that, and stayed for 9 months
Oh great. Can you share some experience? Like what kind of jobs can you get and where did u travel to?
youatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:41 PM   #18

yo! managed to come across this thread thru googling.. anyway i'm applying for the NZ working holiday for this year..

is the owner of this thread still planning to do it?
zzzzzz87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:42 PM   #19

Hey, can someone give me a brief summary of this? I don't quite understand it. I'm planning to head to NZ in june/july to try out snowboarding and to experience snow for the first time but my parents say its quite expensive. This certainly would seem to help me as I just graduated from poly.
Dagionax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:47 PM   #20

Hey, can someone give me a brief summary of this? I don't quite understand it. I'm planning to head to NZ in june/july to try out snowboarding and to experience snow for the first time but my parents say its quite expensive. This certainly would seem to help me as I just graduated from poly.
return air tickets >$1k sgd liao. if just wanna experience snow, go korea also cheaper...
Old 10-04-2014, 12:13 AM   #21

return air tickets >$1k sgd liao. if just wanna experience snow, go korea also cheaper...
Wouldn't the same apply to you? Working holidays are specifically designed to for people who have "holiday" as their primary focus and "work" as their secondary. Clearly you realise that going to NZ is expensive so why are you going there? Or, if you're so rich, why are you applying for a working holiday visa at all? If you aren't going to help me with informative replies, do me a favour and don't help me at all.
Old 10-04-2014, 03:17 PM   #22

Wouldn't the same apply to you? Working holidays are specifically designed to for people who have "holiday" as their primary focus and "work" as their secondary. Clearly you realise that going to NZ is expensive so why are you going there? Or, if you're so rich, why are you applying for a working holiday visa at all? If you aren't going to help me with informative replies, do me a favour and don't help me at all.
no, i mean if it's to experience snow, then you have other places.

if you wanna experience NZ then it's a different story.

sorry if i make you take it the wrong way and i apologise for that.

anyway i'm also heading to NZ in july.
Old 10-04-2014, 03:39 PM   #23

I don't see how his/her reply to you wasn't informative.

You asked about snowing and skiing in a work holiday thread. How relevant is it? Ok, even if it's only relevant becos it's NZ, I don't see how not informative the other reply was when it said the air tickets cost more than S$1k and that it's cheaper to experience snow in 'cheaper' places.

What kind of summary are you expecting? Snow related or work visa related?

You want to earn money while on a holiday in NZ to go skiing?

Last edited by g_t2006; 10-04-2014 at 03:42 PM..
g_t2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 04:59 PM   #24

You asked about snowing and skiing in a work holiday thread. How relevant is it? Ok, even if it's only relevant becos it's NZ, I don't see how not informative the other reply was when it said the air tickets cost more than S$1k and that it's cheaper to experience snow in 'cheaper' places.

agree with your point.
if main intention is to 'experience snow', there are other options which are easier on the wallet, and hence more likely to obtain parental approval

I would imagine that a working holiday would entail a fairly lengthy stay in that country. Friends of mine who have taken up this option have typically spent more than 4-6 months in the foreign country, to really immerse themselves in the foreign culture. I doubt it will be possible to do a short ski-trip cum 'working holiday'.
Starriieex likes this.
kevin301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 05:56 PM   #25

Websites that would help :D

Hey guys..

im also travelling in Nov to melbourne den auckland for the working holiday!
see if we could still meet up or may be i could help buy ur car. :X

anyway.. these websites helped in alot when im doing my research for NZ working holiday. Hope they will be able to help you too!

https://www.facebook.com/NZWorkingHoliday.SG

4tern.com

As for @Dagionax.. if u really plan to do snow boarding for working holiday u might wanna apply for next year instead.. because most of their application is closed.. but you can still try if u are keen to go this year..

Ski & Snowboard Mt Ruapehu | Turoa & Whakapapa Ski Areas | Snow Report
Mt Ruapehu Recruitment: Attention
Starriieex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 11:11 PM   #26

it wasn't informative because I didn't ask anything about plane tickets nor did I say I would consider going somewhere else. I asked for a summary regarding the visa. If I want to go to NZ, it's my decision anyway.
Old 10-04-2014, 11:13 PM   #27

no, i mean if it's to experience snow, then you have other places.

if you wanna experience NZ then it's a different story.

sorry if i make you take it the wrong way and i apologise for that.

anyway i'm also heading to NZ in july.
Guess I should apologise as well. I guess it's just the way I view a person's attitude through the way they form their sentences.
To me, that sentence you said came across as quite rude.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:15 AM   #28

Guess I should apologise as well. I guess it's just the way I view a person's attitude through the way they form their sentences.
To me, that sentence you said came across as quite rude.
if you need the info on working holiday in NZ, here's the link for SG citizens: Singapore Work Exchange Programme

application requires NZD165 and takes at most 5 working days to be processed. my friend and I got ours approved in 2 working days.
Starriieex likes this.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:16 AM   #29

Hey guys..

im also travelling in Nov to melbourne den auckland for the working holiday!
see if we could still meet up or may be i could help buy ur car. :X

anyway.. these websites helped in alot when im doing my research for NZ working holiday. Hope they will be able to help you too!

https://www.facebook.com/NZWorkingHoliday.SG

4tern.com

As for @Dagionax.. if u really plan to do snow boarding for working holiday u might wanna apply for next year instead.. because most of their application is closed.. but you can still try if u are keen to go this year..

Ski & Snowboard Mt Ruapehu | Turoa & Whakapapa Ski Areas | Snow Report
Mt Ruapehu Recruitment: Attention
hey! when will u be heading to auckland?

i have plans to go from nz (after my working holiday) to aussie instead. haha.
Old 14-04-2014, 12:56 PM   #30

hey! when will u be heading to auckland?

i have plans to go from nz (after my working holiday) to aussie instead. haha.
im landing in auckland on 20th Nov *excited much*
Starriieex is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.