Perth (Lots of advice & help needed please!)

twinman

Reaction score
Need advice for similar attractions in MR region. Which is better and easily/comfortable for Seniors (parents) and 12-13 yro children in term of walking?

1) Jewel Cage VS Lake Cage VS Ngilgi Cave
2) A Maze’n MR VS Yallingup Maze
3) Cape Naturaliste VS Cape Leeuwin (at this point, prefer Cape Leeuwin)

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
there are 6 of us, so I think having a car will be more convenient. thus, i'm checking to see if anyone knows where to park. :)

if it's just me and my hub, yeah i think i will just take the train.

I'm not familiar with parking in the area, although in this case, perhaps try looking at Secure Parking (Perth only) or Wilson Parking (Perth + Fremantle) websites, and make a pre-booking if you know which day you're going to be in town. They can sometimes provide cheaper rates and you know how much you'll be paying in advance. You can make the booking after you've picked up the car, so you know the plate number. This also guarantees a parking spot in the car park of your choice so you won't have to worry about not finding spots (not that I think Perth runs out of parking spots often?).

klavier

Reaction score
there are 6 of us, so I think having a car will be more convenient. thus, i'm checking to see if anyone knows where to park. :)

if it's just me and my hub, yeah i think i will just take the train.

Both areas you mentioned, parking quite jialat.
Don't know the areas well enough to know the 'secret' spots for parking :)
Maybe drop everyone off, then drive a little outside the CBD and catch a bus back in? Sounds kind of troublesome though.

As far as I know, there are no secret spots at the CBD during daytime. Perhaps better to use street parking in the day for convenience but best to use Wilson parking if you are parking overnight.

I assume your accommodation is already booked? I do know of accommodation with free parking within CBD area though it is rather 'basic'.

Last edited:

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Usually in the CBD, after a certain time it's free and overnight till the next morning 6 or 7am. So technically you can park by the streets for free overnight and move out early in the morning..

klavier

Reaction score
Usually in the CBD, after a certain time it's free and overnight till the next morning 6 or 7am. So technically you can park by the streets for free overnight and move out early in the morning..

Personally I will avoid parking overnight on the streets. Though Australia is overall a safe country, I won't risk it as if anything happens the holiday mood will be dampen. There's a reason why Wilson charges more than aud30 for overnight parking and yet there are many who prefer to pay for the security. I never pay more for excess reduction so I prefer using secure parking.

nlee84

Reaction score
yeah, accomodation booked - staying near Innaloo so just need to park around 5-6 hours in Freo and CBD... not parking overnight.

Think I will take Awesom Andy advice and pre-book for a spot.. which is cheaper :) Thanks all!

MoneyHoney

Master Member
Reaction score
7D7N Perth in September

Hi Guys

Am heading to Perth in September. Here is my first draft of my itinerary. Recommendations and suggestions are welcomed as always. :s12:

Night 1
6pm - arrival at airport
dinner in perth city
overnight in perth city

Day 1
morning - kings park
late morning to night - pinnacles
overnight in perth city

Day 2
morning - explore perth city and beaches
afternoon - mandurah & dolphin cruise
overnight in mandurah/bunbury

Day 3
MR
farmstay in MR

Day 4
MR
farmstay in MR

Day 5
morning - depart for albany
overnight in albany

Day 6
morning - drive back to perth city
explore perth city
overnight in perth city

Day 7
explore perth city
perth airport - go back to SG.

-----------------------------------------------

while i'll be filling in my spots of perth city with swan valley, some parks etc, just wondering am i missing out on any scenic spots?? I would also appreciate some tips on what to do during my 2 days in MR.

btw - is my itinerary too aggressive? is it too much mileage coverage?

pohu

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Am heading to Perth in September. Here is my first draft of my itinerary. Recommendations and suggestions are welcomed as always. :s12:

Night 1
6pm - arrival at airport
dinner in perth city
overnight in perth city

Day 1
morning - kings park
overnight in perth city

U may wish to note or already aware that attraction at King's Park are closed on Sat and Sun.

Be sure to clear your bowels when drive from Perth to Pinnacles, as there's virtually no toilet facilities along those highway and we had to drive to Cervantes to have a loo break and meal before U turn back to Pinnacles.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Night 1
6pm - arrival at airport
dinner in perth city
overnight in perth city

Day 1
morning - kings park
overnight in perth city

Day 2
morning - explore perth city and beaches
afternoon - mandurah & dolphin cruise
overnight in mandurah/bunbury

Day 3
MR
farmstay in MR

Day 4
MR
farmstay in MR

Day 5
morning - depart for albany
overnight in albany

Day 6
morning - drive back to perth city
explore perth city
overnight in perth city

Day 7
explore perth city
perth airport - go back to SG.

-----------------------------------------------

while i'll be filling in my spots of perth city with swan valley, some parks etc, just wondering am i missing out on any scenic spots?? I would also appreciate some tips on what to do during my 2 days in MR.

btw - is my itinerary too aggressive? is it too much mileage coverage?

Think between Albany and back to Perth, you're missing a few places. Walpole and Pemberton..

Merkava

Master Member
Reaction score
I went Perth recently, frankly I like Perth better than Melbourne (which I did 4 trips). I will be doing Sydney next year, which is my 1st visit and hope I will still find Perth better.

For my Perth Trip, I only covered between Joondalup to MR region but I definitely will cover Albany for my next visit in 2018 :D

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went Perth recently, frankly I like Perth better than Melbourne (which I did 4 trips). I will be doing Sydney next year, which is my 1st visit and hope I will still find Perth better.

For my Perth Trip, I only covered between Joondalup to MR region but I definitely will cover Albany for my next visit in 2018 :D

Try the alps side in Victoria.. you certainly won't find that in Perth..

Awesom Andy

Reaction score

Sydney is worth a visit, although having lived there for years, I have to say that Perth is better. Having said that, it's probably too boring to live in Perth on a long term basis. :)

Merkava

Master Member
Reaction score
Sydney is worth a visit, although having lived there for years, I have to say that Perth is better. Having said that, it's probably too boring to live in Perth on a long term basis. :)

I can't imagine living in Perth long term, it must be so boring!

Heard so much on Sydney, finally I will be going there next year ;)

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine living in Perth long term, it must be so boring!

Heard so much on Sydney, finally I will be going there next year ;)

I'm a living example.. after 2yrs i just couldn't take it anymore..:D

Merkava

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm a living example.. after 2yrs i just couldn't take it anymore..:D

Then which city you have moved to?
Sydney?

Nothing much in Perth city itself.
Imo the suburbs are better! :s13:

We went Joondalup for a movie, was shocked that it was free seating.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then which city you have moved to?
Sydney?

Nothing much in Perth city itself.
Imo the suburbs are better! :s13:

We went Joondalup for a movie, was shocked that it was free seating.

Now based in Melbourne. It used to be free seating for all cinemas, but in recent times they do allocate seats for the bigger cinema players..

Nothing much in Perth, but regional WA has much more to offer. Esp the not so touristy north east of WA

MoneyHoney

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

just wondering, if i'm interested to drive to albany from perth (taking the state route 30), are there any points of interests I need to take note of?

It will be a long drive so I'm hoping to see where I can set as my rest points.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can stop at Kojonup.. then where ever else you see a small town with shops..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.