Perth (Lots of advice & help needed please!)

furryballs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is Grab/Uber common in Perth? I need to arrange transport from AirBNB apt to airport. Problem is that I need 2 child seats.... should I just flag a cab by the road or something?

I dun think I will have an problem getting cab from Perth airport to the Airbnb apt.... there should be cab queues with child seats I Guess.

Last edited:

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is Grab/Uber common in Perth? I need to arrange transport from AirBNB apt to airport. Problem is that I need 2 child seats.... should I just flag a cab by the road or something?

I dun think I will have an problem getting cab from Perth airport to the Airbnb apt.... there should be cab queues with child seats I Guess.

You can't grab/uber if you have a child, the only way is taxi which is exempted from having a child seat..

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I took 2 Uber trips when I was there last week.
Very easy to book.
Both occasions, the driver came as indicated in the app.

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i need to amend princessreiko, chemistwh plastic bag is not for free.
u need spend a certian amt then it is free

Chemist WH is a partnership franchise, what u see in 1 store doesnt represent the other

i know that woolies if you spend certain amt, and u carry own bag, u get points for ur woolies reward card

if u spend >$30 for coles n woolies, ur docket will give u 4c fuel discount, it is a good deal esp petrol prices is hitting $2 soon

Thanks, I didn't know that!

I spent $60 at chemist warehouse and got a free plastic bag.
That and the one at Uniqlo were the only 2 plastic bags I got for free in Perth! The other one was a very small one from a souvenir shop.
I forgot to pack plastic bags for my used clothings and end up had to use the hotel's laundry bag!

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone drove to Wave Rock before? Is it safe to go via driving?

Usually people will stop by Wave Rock enroute to or from Esperance. There's actually nothing much; its just a huge piece of rock and the town is very tiny and quiet after dark.

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
Any attractions to go?
Intended to go Penguin island instead of Rottness island...

I prefer Rottnest than Penguin myself, but then if you're doing the whole southwest, I don't think there's much point going to either of them, unless you die die must see quokka (on Rottnest).

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Basically Perth is quite a quiet place and Fri- Sun after 5pm supermarkets and departmental stores are closed so there's really nothing much to do.

During the weekdays, the stores close later , usually 8-9 pm.

But having said that, Perth is a nice place to chill out since it is near us and the air ticket is fairly cheap.

I like the architecture of the buildings in the CBD and Fremantle.
I enjoyed walking along Elizabeth Quay.

Herrison Island which is at the fringe of the city is worth going.
I saw 4 kangaroos and took close up pictures with them.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.